elliotmtl

Hempel and "perverts" and apparently being one

So Drew Hempel, bless his crazy heart, seems to say that all males who have what is commonly known as restless leg syndrome are "perverts" who were abused as children and are incapable of doing anything with their sexual energy flow except stealing it from other, healthy males by vibrating their legs and doing who knows what else, and then masturbating it away to who knows where, are "addicted" to this practice, and cannot learn to do anything else with their sexual energy no matter how much they might want to. As I more or less fall under this description, I have a few questions to him, or anyone who understands his wonderfully weird philosophies, or even anyone who thinks it's all bollocks.

-why spread this idea all over the internet on a number of extra-mainstream forums? how is it helpful for anyone to look at things this way, with such inflammatory language? especially spiritual seekers who might be discouraged by it?

-does this idea ignore all the other possible causes of the compulsive desire to vibrate one's legs, which I have had for at least 13 years? magnesium deficiency, low blood sugar, blood acidity, etc are all medically-researched possible causes and/or contributing factors, and I'm not talking about mainstream medicine, so does drew's idea irrationaly ignore all these things, or does it imply that anyone who has these issues is a pervert and energy vampire?

-if I were to accept the truth of drew's idea, what on earth does that say about me and my spiritual path and my freedom to choose same, and the quality of my soul? it has many seemingly disturbing ramifications.

There are many other questions raised by drew's writings that I'd love to discuss with people, but I just realized I'm a bit pissed off that this particular idea about perverts has been marinating in my subconscious for several years, against my conscious will for it to even be there. So I'm here because this forum seems to have been drew's internet home more than anywhere else and perhaps you all can help me work through the issues caused by the careless words of one of your prodigal children, as it were.

I'm sure some of you will write me off and may even ridicule me just because I see ANY value or potential truth in drew's words whatsoever, but I find that many of his ideas resonate with me strongly and I should like to know why. Also, please don't misunderstand this as an attack on drew or anybody else, I think he has a brilliant mind and probably a kind heart too, and I'm sure most of you are the same way :)

I've been cultivating, meditating, working magick, all in full lotus- for literally hours daily. Been doing it for 40 years.

I sit in full lotus for many many hours daily too (right now actually as I type this)

Drew posts some good stuff, but personally, I don't agree with a lot of what he says.

And the whole giving females "O's" - IMO, is crossing the lines and exploiting females boundaries. Creepy etheric rape- almost/maybe?

Study and seek what works for the self.

Learn from others- their truths and shortcomings.

All my opinion.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 4

The ideas are widespread because they are posted numerous times in a row, and in a bunch of different websites. It's basically spamming the internet with personal opinions...rather than simply sharing them at one time, in one place, like normal people do.

It's like a bad marketing campaign with no product.

There is some truth to the idea that if you masturbate a lot you're depleted...but that's about it as far as where I go in agreement with him. A lot of what he says is in actuality false and wrong. But he's a character and it can be interesting to consider his ideas...just don't blindly believe them! Seek legitimate sources, as well as your own experience rather than his.

• Like 2

well, what if you're doing yonquan breathing while your legs are bouncing? :lol: the yang from yin from the yang response there is some good sippin candy :D

• Like 2

So Drew Hempel, bless his crazy heart, seems to say that all males who have what is commonly known as restless leg syndrome are "perverts" who were abused as children and are incapable of doing anything with their sexual energy flow except stealing it from other, healthy males by vibrating their legs and doing who knows what else, and then masturbating it away to who knows where, are "addicted" to this practice, and cannot learn to do anything else with their sexual energy no matter how much they might want to. As I more or less fall under this description, I have a few questions to him, or anyone who understands his wonderfully weird philosophies, or even anyone who thinks it's all bollocks.

-why spread this idea all over the internet on a number of extra-mainstream forums? how is it helpful for anyone to look at things this way, with such inflammatory language? especially spiritual seekers who might be discouraged by it?

-does this idea ignore all the other possible causes of the compulsive desire to vibrate one's legs, which I have had for at least 13 years? magnesium deficiency, low blood sugar, blood acidity, etc are all medically-researched possible causes and/or contributing factors, and I'm not talking about mainstream medicine, so does drew's idea irrationaly ignore all these things, or does it imply that anyone who has these issues is a pervert and energy vampire?

-if I were to accept the truth of drew's idea, what on earth does that say about me and my spiritual path and my freedom to choose same, and the quality of my soul? it has many seemingly disturbing ramifications.

There are many other questions raised by drew's writings that I'd love to discuss with people, but I just realized I'm a bit pissed off that this particular idea about perverts has been marinating in my subconscious for several years, against my conscious will for it to even be there. So I'm here because this forum seems to have been drew's internet home more than anywhere else and perhaps you all can help me work through the issues caused by the careless words of one of your prodigal children, as it were.

I'm sure some of you will write me off and may even ridicule me just because I see ANY value or potential truth in drew's words whatsoever, but I find that many of his ideas resonate with me strongly and I should like to know why. Also, please don't misunderstand this as an attack on drew or anybody else, I think he has a brilliant mind and probably a kind heart too, and I'm sure most of you are the same way :)

So let me get this right, you obviously came here ONLY to post this (2nd post). Was this really necessary?

*wanders off to do some IP checks*.

• Like 2

I think Drew used to post some really good stuff, BUT you had to search for it in amongst his crazy repetitive ramblings.

• Like 5

So let me get this right, you obviously came here ONLY to post this (2nd post). Was this really necessary?

*wanders off to do some IP checks*.

If someone from thetaobums tells you you you can't learn any spiritual practices because you are a hopeless pervert, which is essentially what drew has done, you kind of have to get that out of the way before you talk about anything else, don't you? No need to be so dismissive.

• Like 1

Welcome to the forums, Elliotmtl.

Your post was appropriate, imo. Its a serious matter to you, and only right that you are trying to seek redress.

• Like 1

There are indeed many other forum-relevant topics I would probably love to discuss with you all. This was simply the one I chose to introduce myself with, because I am strange. I am also young and inexperienced and foolish so don't take me too seriously.

I have always been drawn to drew's writings, even finding him under different names on other forums when he was the furthest thing from my mind, and instantly recognizing him by his writing style and unique phrases. Perhaps the main reason his ideas attract me is that one of my primary life goals is to be able to give lots of loving sexual energy to kind and wonderful girls of my choosing, which drew seems to be an expert at, but I am utterly baffled by the way he goes about it, especially the whole free-will-violating thing. So I have been intrigued by and confused about his ideas for several years. I don't think he's insane because my own research, intuition and experiences confirm much of what he says. But I do wonder what his "game" (meant in the nicest possible sense) is...

I don't actually believe that "I am a helpless pervert because I was probably abused somehow as a child and have restless leg syndrome and compulsive masturbation habits", and I am pursuing the transcendence of those issues both on my own and through other means of therapy. I just felt like finally getting it off my chest that "memes" like the one drew spreads about perverts can have more power to cause doubt and distress in the minds of inexperienced impressionable young seekers such as myself, than perhaps he or anyone else realizes. Basically every time I find myself compulsively shaking my legs, I think back to drew's ideas. Every single time. Curious, isn't it?

Edited by elliotmtl
  • Like 1

There are indeed many other forum-relevant topics I would probably love to discuss with you all. This was simply the one I chose to introduce myself with, because I am strange. I am also young and inexperienced and foolish so don't take me too seriously.

I have always been drawn to drew's writings, even finding him under different names on other forums when he was the furthest thing from my mind, and instantly recognizing him by his writing style and unique phrases. Perhaps the main reason his ideas attract me is that one of my primary life goals is to be able to give lots of loving sexual energy to kind and wonderful girls of my choosing, which drew seems to be an expert at, but I am utterly baffled by the way he goes about it, especially the whole free-will-violating thing. So I have been intrigued by and confused about his ideas for several years. I don't think he's insane because my own research, intuition and experiences confirm much of what he says. But I do wonder what his "game" (meant in the nicest possible sense) is...

I don't actually believe that "I am a helpless pervert because I was probably abused somehow as a child and have restless leg syndrome and compulsive masturbation habits", and I am pursuing the transcendence of those issues both on my own and through other means of therapy. I just felt like finally getting it off my chest that "memes" like the one drew spreads about perverts can have more power to cause doubt and distress in the minds of inexperienced impressionable young seekers such as myself, than perhaps he or anyone else realizes. Basically every time I find myself compulsively shaking my legs, I think back to drew's ideas. Every single time. Curious, isn't it?

As I recall drew practices Spring forest Qi Gong. I think Chun Yi Lin is a much better role model for you to mimic than Drew is, by all accounts he is a experienced master and a great healer.

When drew was here he said some interesting things....but often came of as a bit of an extremist....intellectually and philosophically. Personally speaking I did not like the way he constantly and recklessly used excerpts from his experiences with Jim Nance and Chun yi lin, often promoting there "powers" which is not the kind of attention I think they would want. Most importantly I felt his character and words reflected poorly on his teachers and in some ways dragged there names through the dirt as a result.

If your interested in getting control of your sexual energy i recommend you practice Qi Gong and learn to stop wakking off. This will empower you in many profound ways. There are many threads on retention in this forum.

Here's a link to a basic Spring Forest Qi Gong technique: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=gr5MkMLyoeI

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 4

Oh no, not drew, spring forest and remote orgasms again. Please no. Just the thought makes me want to start a few mo pai threads...

To the op - I'm sorry, I know that was not helpful in the least, and probably disrespectful, but I react to him pretty strongly, too, in the opposite direction.

You're attracted to him and that's fine, so I won't do the condescending thing by suggesting you break the bonds.

But I will say this - drew hempel does not know what causes RLS.

• Like 1

That reminds me of the people who try to argue that vaccines are causing children to be autistic.

You know what, I think automobile driving is causing early-onset erectile dysfunction. Seriously, the vibrations that constantly bombard the pelvis are causing blood vessels to constrict.

If we conducted a study, I bet you would find that at least one in three men with early-onset erectile dysfunction regularly drive automobiles.

• Like 4

If someone from thetaobums tells you you you can't learn any spiritual practices because you are a hopeless pervert, which is essentially what drew has done, you kind of have to get that out of the way before you talk about anything else, don't you? No need to be so dismissive.

Thank you for clarifying.

I would agree with the the fact his posts are very inappropriate on many levels.

The problem being that we have had members sign up for the forums only to follow a member around the board and trash on them in many posts for months on end. Just trying to nip anything like that right in the bud. I hope you are also here to join in on the regular conversations.

• Like 2

Please keep in mind, what some complete stranger on the internet tells you is usually not true, and especially not true if it is something as off the wall as this. Don`t take his posts too seriously. Uhm yeah no, that doesn`t sound right at all. He calls most people perverts from what I`ve seen reading the past posts in the forums by him. He`s just got something to work out (within himself) I figure.

• Like 5

Forget fascinating stories about others' travels to other universes. Work on your own story from the ground up, keeping at least one foot firmly in this world. Listen to your heart more than to the strangers on the internet.

I also found this part of Drew Hempel's account interesting:

"So then I went up to Chunyi Lin and asked him what I should do.
...snip...

Hetold me to "keep my mouth shut" -- which I took as a mysterious and funny

Ch'an command. It was said with seriousness yet was vague. I said you mean
when I'm meditating? He said yes. Then I realized that in fact I had been
keeping my mouth open slightly when meditating. But I understood that he also

meant to stop talking about meditation to other people."

Edited by Leif
  • Like 2

One quick example:

Legs bounce in Kunlun. If you practice that, the very first time- in 15 minutes your body will be moving around the chair's edge.

Lao gong points, Kwa/gates opening, meridians circulating energy- there are an array of POSITIVE REASONS for legs bouncing.

Focus on the good

Kwa

• Like 2

First off, stop thinking that you fit this description of whatever Drew said and look at it as though your body is doing things to make you aware of something that needs fixing. For example, if you eat something your body can't digest properly for whatever reason, you may have a bunch of symptoms as a result....like rashes, itching, swelling of the throat...etc. to let you know it cannot handle the substance. In your case it may be an issue with your nervous system (not trying to diagnose you here). So to consider yourself something based on an opinion of someone you don't know is nowhere in your best interest.

• Like 3

I find it quite dubious someone joining a forum and straight away trying to discredit and bash a forum member that does not even post here anymore.

• Like 1

I find it quite dubious someone joining a forum and straight away trying to discredit and bash a forum member that does not even post here anymore.

Elliot is trying to resolve a split in his well-being, which he has been carrying for years. He has identified what he deems to be one of the chief causes, and is trying to ascertain if there are others here who have had a similar experiential result from their interactions with Drew. He has taken care to explain himself clearly, articulating his words with due consideration, and more importantly, accepts that he shares responsibility in this matter.

I dont see anything negative about this.

• Like 3

Forget fascinating stories about others' travels to other universes. Work on your own story from the ground up, keeping at least one foot firmly in this world. Listen to your heart more than to the strangers on the internet.

there are an array of POSITIVE REASONS for legs bouncing.

Focus on the good

I liked these, thank you, they were helpful :)

• Like 1

Just to add if you look at the kids they are always bouncing , twitching and making "unreasnoble "movements . This is becouse this is their way to automatically release any strain or stress that comes they way .

We are being thought to be still and disconnect , ironed with greyness in order to fit in as we grow into adults .

It would do much good if many of us do shake their legs and/or their booty more often .

However , would be nice to see PTFL here again , he always has something interesting to say ..

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1