suninmyeyes

bad energy , negative attacks, what to do ?

This is one way ...Just reading this book and feel like sharing ..

"Cultivating the empty field " by Hongzhi

(a :) for you know who you are )

ALL BEINGS ARE YOUR ANCESTORS

Fully appreciate the emptiness of all dharmas . Then all minds are free and all dusts evaporate in original brilliance shining everywhere .

Transforming according to circumstances , meet all beings as your ancestors .

Subtly illuminate all conditions , magnanimous beyond all duality .

Clear and desirelss, the wind in the pines and the moon in the water are content in their elements .Without minds interacting ,(wind and pines or moon and water ) do not impede on another .

Essentially you exist inside emptiness and have capacity to respond outwardly without being annoyed , like spring blossoming, like mirror reflecting forms . Amid all the noise spontaneously emerge transcendent .

• Like 8

Kinda obviates the current and idle pastime of de-bunking …anything— not to mention simultaneously elevating and exposing the mystery of nonoriginated emptiness carrying out enlightening activity in the face of ignorance in action.

Amid all the noise spontaneously emerge transcendent —is not merely the province of the absolute.

It is in every cycle in the three kalpas of karmic evolution, but ignorant activists don't know this.

Is it obvious that the hobby of "topical debunking" is for those who cannot "fully appreciate the emptiness of all dharmas"? People such as these would mistake this line for an equivocality that condones self-perpetuating ignorant action.

In dealing with ignorance of emptiness, it is the action of those ignorant of emptiness that requires response, in any case— even if response amounts to withdrawal. Yet ignorance itself void of grasping the two extremes is the dharma eye, which is the subtlety of mind "clear and desireless…".

All this is lost on those taken up by the idle pastime of "debunking".

Selfless mind, "transforming according to circumstances, meet all beings as your ancestors" is the characteristic of those who have seen the source progenitor. Knowledge of one's own and others' ancestor is not a person. All beings have this.

Yet migrating ignorant activism does not know this, and somehow imagines itself equivocally, facetiously enabling entitlement issues of "free speech" on top of duplicity in that the dull impedance of one's own ignorance on another is only to be entertained, while a sharp counter is already "magnanimous beyond all duality"— yet who but the dull cannot recognize it as such.

"Essentially you exist inside emptiness and have the capacity to respond outwardly without being annoyed…".

Evidently the dull-witted do not appreciate the sharpness of enlightening "mirrors reflecting forms" …as if I mind.

Knowing the joy of ripping holes in ignoramus' illusions (even as they do not realize it) doesn't mean one's countering of dull impedance is a hobby. Spontaneously meeting the inevitable is the selfless achievement of enlightening being.

It's just a mirror~ what else would a buddha be? (to answer sun's thread's title)❤

ed note: sweep through post indiscriminantly

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 3

T.S. said:

If something disturbs it, tell it to get lost.

Told that to the usual suspects trolling around here lately, T.S.?

Actually, unminding in the face of glib leadenness is the nature of mind itself— not a method. The quote by Hongzhi is not relative to anything outside of essential aware nature and the spirit of those working in the midst of karmically hung-up individuals bent on the task of obstructing their own enlightening activity's discovery, expression and subsequent transmission outside of doctrine.

Practices, exercises, or formal meditation is like the cartoon figure who calls a "time-out" to stop the action to take or make a call.

Though therapeutic exercises can be helpful for those who, in the aftermath of unskillful absorption of karmic residue, must then use technique to regain a meditative clarity due to an inability to deal with events spontaneously in the first place. This is the shortcoming of a reliance on technique— meditative or otherwise, brought out by Chuangtzu's famous story of the butcher.

Enlightening effectivity in the midst of chaos must be the skillful application of a spontaneous matching of potential realized from within the situation itself in terms of mindful clarity, not of a response dependent on elements of polluted karmic phenomena— much less telling a relentlessly cloying hominid to "get lost".

The lexicon of Honzhi is universes or eons beyond Alexander Lowen's Bioenergetics …but might make a fine topic for a thread if you like, or at least a link here for the bums reading suninmyeye's thread, T.S.

The fact is, people are basically relentless, and many hapless targets could use the help provided by his Bioenergetics exercises.❤

In fact, dealing with attacks is equal to dealing with showers of flowers. These must be immediately seen through for what they are without entertaining personalistic bias or inclination.

ed note: add T.S.'s quote

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 1

Hongzhi said:

Then all minds are free and all dusts evaporate in original brilliance shining everywhere .

This is exactly what I am talking about— no doubt, inferred by suninmyeyes as well. This is what happens to "negative energy" by subtle operation of skillful means or in the parlance of taoist alchemy: seeing potential, culling the elixir and refining it in the crucible of heaven and earth.

Even so, one doesn't move. When Mara approached the Buddha, all he did was touch the earth from his seated position. This is symbolic of the position of the Center of one's immaterial body of Complete Reality, which has no location and is the incipience of life, including its temporal karmic expression. In conquering the relentless life/death dealing forces of polarity, one doesn't deal with polarized energy on its terms, one deals with energy in terms of its potential state— that is, uncreated, selfless.

This is to "Fully appreciate the emptiness of all dharmas", when…

"all minds are free and all dusts evaporate in original brilliance shining everywhere"

Because this is what really happens when pristine awareness "refreshes itself", in the words of Padmasambhava. It is not like nothing has happened, it is like what has never happened, again and again, and again.

Energy, regardless of its polarity, doesn't go anywhere or do anything because immortalists steal its potential in its essential state simply due to the fact that that is where immortalists are coming from already. It is up to the person having no personal history in terms of not having sticking points for energy to adhere is what determines one's relationship with karma.

When Buddha sat and faced Mara's army, he already knew the nonorigination of essential nature, selflessly aware. I hope it is obvious to everyone here that beginninglessness has no history at all, personal or otherwise. Those who have seen this beginninglessness know their own nature, selflessly aware. This is freedom from personal history on the cosmic level, whereby despite conditions, karma has no place to stick to the real awareness body of buddhas, wizards, immortalists and adepts.

This is why I say a "bioenergetics" isn't even in the same universe as Hongzhi's teaching in Cultivating the Empty Field.

This is the celestial power of the emptiness that is not void. Cultivating this is just refining away one's acquired polluted energy to arrive at one's inherent aware nature naturally replete. When you finally see this for what it is, you realize it has just been thus all along.

I went to town, eh sun?❤❤ Pardom moi, madame-cherie!!

ed note: add comma in 5th paragraph

Edited by deci belle
  • Like 4

T.S , I think everybody has their own path , and everyone is at certain point of life and important part of everything as such . It is just that we were discussing Hongzhi and this particular way and I was curious what would people say/add on topic , if anything ... (however anyone is welcome to add whatever extra too )

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

In fact, dealing with attacks is equal to dealing with showers of flowers. These must be immediately seen through for what they are without entertaining personalistic bias or inclination.

Just highlighting this .

• Like 1

Laugh! Laugh at them!!! ha ha ha!!!!!

Tell them: "Let's dance! Motherfuckers!!!"

Then beat dem up..

afterwards take them out for tea....

realize that nothing is worth getting upset over, because life is an infinite jest.

Keep a jester in your pocket and let him loose when people get too serious!!!!

• Like 3

Energy, regardless of its polarity, doesn't go anywhere or do anything because immortalists steal its potential in its essential state simply due to the fact that that is where immortalists are coming from already. It is up to the person having no personal history in terms of not having sticking points for energy to adhere is what determines one's relationship with karma.

Just rereading this thread .Very cool , this is skill . So in this case battle is not being fought with own strenght , which no doubt is going to be tiering at some point ..but by noticing and not acting up ones own personality ( notice difference between individual and personal ) .

• Like 1

...also you can just be equanimous and inhale the negativity as if it is a breeze of fresh air- just another incoming sensation-perception passing through..don't take things so personally, because really there are no people there - its just an illusion of perception that there is a 'you' and a 'them' in the first place...when you take this step back, the real you, which has none of the characteristics that you impose upon it, cannot be harmed or insulted, as it is empty of self...it is only the false you, which you wear as a mask, which gets upset at negativity...that false you is doing the real you as much harm as anyone is, with all its sensitivities and its shoulder chips...it is like a program you have built which states that if such and such occurs, then produce this feeling of anger, etc. Either re-write your program or get rid of the program altogether...

Yes sun, the battle is null for oneself alone in terms of seeing potential, but since the world does not know this (or see this in TS' case), the immortalist is sometimes required to to "go along", so to speak, in order to introduce guidance in what seems to be a situation of following compulsions (along with the world).

This isn't a matter of differing paths (or opinions). The situation is inherent in oneself already. Here there is no one to tell to "go away" per the "bioenergetic method" as practiced by TS. Not that telling folks to BEAT IT doesn't work momentarily.

Just using your example throughout this post, TS— this is not a personal attack, but a formidable response, ok?❤

Unfortunately, in the negative sense, people are relentless. They are also very lazy. And TS naturally assumed this thread would be an easy mark.

In TS' case, he sees something as his own path, i.e. something is not his path (only when he finds himself at an impasse— much like a certain mega-poster), because his is the perspective of a personalistic bias ignorant of selfless illumination (the subject and power behind Hongzhi's words), whereas the reality is there being no path outside of the totality of shining brilliance here and now. This is precisely what engulfs energy, bad or otherwise.

What effect of bad energy and negative attacks would there be here at this time? But nobody sees this except for those who see potential in the context of phenomena. Enlightening being is seeing through phenomena without denying characteristics.

The exposition of Hongzhi is one of inconceivable transcendence not apart from all beings being ancestors in the present moment actualized by oneself alone~ not issues of a preferential therapeutic method, which seems to be TS' deliberate perspective. One has to see this in order to avail oneself of its power. This is the path of no one.

Actually, I believe TS decided to cover up an ill-thought simplistic drive-by comment (a literal phenomena learned and perpetuated under the auspices of the recreational philosophers in residence) that didn't work out so simply. It is just the self-conscious habitually relative view of the human mentality, just getting in its own way, as usual— ultimately requiring the subsequent and not-so-graceful back-up dance (philosophers don't dance).

Evidently TS saw the title (and a fresh deci post to piss on) and saw an opportunity to over-simplify something he has never conceived of and then created a spray about his assiduously followed path-of-technique without ever bothering to recognize the import of Hongzhi's teaching, and this is how threads come and go in the real world— hello de-railed thread, anyone?

Amid all the noise spontaneously emerge transcendent .

…is not a method. The doing of this is impersonal awareness. So who does this oneself? No one does this.

When the real human with no status opens his eyes, demons flee. When the no one of one's selfless aware nature acts…

Clear and desirelss, the wind in the pines and the moon in the water are content in their elements . Without minds interacting , (wind and pines or moon and water ) do not impede on another .

Essentially you exist inside emptiness and have the capacity to respond outwardly without being annoyed , like spring blossoming, like a mirror reflecting forms .

A mirror reflecting forms only sees what is, without grasping appearances. When no one acts (and nobody sees it), what interacts? what impedes? "Springtime" is the kind of energy it is. It's not nice, its pristine~ and it has an edge.

My mind not interacting with TS' is not impeding TS' mind. TS' does not see this mind. It is TS' mind impeding TS' mind.

Why should I be annoyed?

This, sun's powerful and short quote from Hongzhi's book Cultivating the Empty Field, is an entire teaching unto itself.

Please respond to the topic, people. There were over 300 views with not a single response before I posted. TS' quickly rejoined with a point that neither grasped the OP nor my response.

Let us please elevate what is so and endeavor to see what is so.

Posting shouldn't be a pastime, but evidently, for some bums, it seems to be. Do not take it lightly. Getting to talk and hear about things like this is a one-in-a-million proposition. This is the matter of life and death, not a method of comfort and ease.

I hope it will be obvious to bums that literal reactivity is not "transforming according to circumstances". It is following one's own path oblivious of circumstances, creating danger where there was none.

If TS hadn't missed the point of Hongzhi's quote entirely, he would have been able to relate how "his path" relates to the title of the thread (IN THE CONTEXT OF THE OP) in a real way (that actually requires an expertise AND effort in expressing it to others)— and not just another drive-by consisting of telling us to "just tell it to go away" amended by the immediate follow-up post (with no link) about the fly-by-night transcendental path of the bioenergetic method, which TS says he follows.

It is obvious that TS' post is an example of casual selfishness, void of the spirit of contribution. It's not even my thread, but still I suggested he provide a link. Maybe only certain elected illuminates are permitted to know the secrets of the path of Bioenergetics …when they're not just telling spreaders of bad energy and negative attacks to "go away", of course.

Who would follow the path of discipline, precision and self-restraint no different than any other path with heart, and forget that which only injures oneself and others through habitual unconscious action.

Fully appreciating the emptiness of all dharmas when all minds are free and all dusts evaporate in original brilliance shining everywhere is the result of a precise, disciplined restraint of the habitual self-identity engulfing bad energy and negative attacks.

What to do?

It is obvious that sun sees this or she would not have ventured to start this thread and suggest this one way to realize it in the first place.

• Like 1

Just managed to delete my post by mistake .

I think that thread had many views due to its name :D . But than after -- b.o.r.i.n.g. .. haha or : thinking there is nothing to say ?

If someone really wants not to get bothered as much with negativity or whatever than one has to have understanding of this at least to some degree . Otherwise there will be always so much bother of some sort .

This is life , it is not ectasy every day 24 hours per day -- anyone noticed that ?

So what ?

....and the beat goes on .

As deci mentioned it requires discipline and alertness . It also depends what someone desires .

Edited by suninmyeyes

Ah OK I think I get it , well than in that case that person is pretty much sorted really . Also not to mix numbness (which is actually supresion of desires) with desireless.

I have several of these experiences. First, you are being attacked because you yourself have certain psychological, spiritual, and mental vulnerabilities. This could be certain issues you are refusing to deal with and etc. Your weakness manifested in your dreams or meditations. Another forms of attacks are from randomness entities. I just spent an hour meditating and I was in another room in my apartment. In my meditation, I saw this angry looking woman (on the heavy side) with an angry face and holding some sorts of weapon in her hand. It appeared out of nowhere in my vision. I wasn't alarm but I chuckled a bit realizing what I saw during my meditation. I was like "what is this?" I have my shares of dealing with vampires in my dreams. Those are interesting. :) My recent dream involved a couple. In this dream, I was lying down and this little woman was making some obnoxious demands. They were so out of place and not in the context of the dream setting. I got so annoyed that I stood up and transformed myself into a giant. Here, she became a little 4 year old woman, no taller than 3ft, bitching about something. Her male companion, next to her, began to apologize for her.

Edited by ChiForce
  • Like 3

I have several of these experiences. First, you are being attacked because you yourself have certain psychological, spiritual, and mental vulnerabilities. This could be certain issues you are refusing to deal with and etc. Your weakness manifested in your dreams or meditations.

Yes , dreams are really good to learn from in that way .

There needs to be something in personality that resonates . So that is why acting from personal point with personal strenght is going to be bothersome and tiering and seemengly a big deal .

San Bushman saying is :

Anger attracts

Love transformes

• Like 2

This is one way ...Just reading this book and feel like sharing ..

"Cultivating the empty field " by Hongzhi

(a :) for you know who you are )

ALL BEINGS ARE YOUR ANCESTORS

Fully appreciate the emptiness of all dharmas . Then all minds are free and all dusts evaporate in original brilliance shining everywhere .

Transforming according to circumstances , meet all beings as your ancestors .

Subtly illuminate all conditions , magnanimous beyond all duality .

Clear and desirelss, the wind in the pines and the moon in the water are content in their elements .Without minds interacting ,(wind and pines or moon and water ) do not impede on another .

Essentially you exist inside emptiness and have capacity to respond outwardly without being annoyed , like spring blossoming, like mirror reflecting forms . Amid all the noise spontaneously emerge transcendent .

Very good. Yes there are many ways to send negativity into emptiness.

I like to transform this energy and use it. Why throw it away when you can recycle it and "gain" ? :)

It has nowhere to go.

I like to transform this energy and not use it.

It is up to the consciousness of the individual as regards its transformation, yet still it is up to the situation itself in terms of the timing of response.

• Like 1

What if one is desireless?

With nothing to resonate with, the energy of the "attack" flows through as there is nothing to hit.

• Like 3