4bsolute

Has anyone ever tried to concentrate ones mind into ones Dantian?

Not only to put ones attention on it, but really attempting to 'dive' into it in a very short period of time?

I did this today, have no idea what I exactly did intentionally, just 'went in it' for less than one second and what I got was a sort of flash through my entire body that felt really, really good. I did this with a kind of very short obsessive focus.

What did I trigger? Can it be used for anything other than creating this rather strong and pleasant sensation?

Edited by 4bsolute

Are you a teenager...????

I have wondered the same thing. His topics that he posts are wanting of some advice or attention.

• Like 3

Nothing wrong with being a teenager. Or seeking advice or attention for that matter.

4bsolute,

I think you're really onto something there. Can't say for sure what it is, or will be, for you. Anyway, there's no substitute for personal experience. Why not concentrate your mind into your dan tien regularly as a practice, and report back what happens?

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke

Nothing wrong with being a teenager. Or seeking advice or attention for that matter.

I agree! However, to seek advice with assumptions such as needing a more intuitive approach, which seems to me he wants an undisciplined practice, usually leads nowhere. Qigong forms are structured for a reason.

The least structured that I know of are Bradford Keeney's shaking medicine and Max Christensen's Kunlun.

• Like 1

What did I trigger? Can it be used for anything other than creating this rather strong and pleasant sensation?

When you ask a question like this, you could get all kinds of answers from all kinds of people. Realistically there is no way of knowing if any answers you may get are even remotely related to reality. I think a much more important question is, are you looking for a better understanding of reality in any way at all, or are you just looking for some sort of support for your beliefs and ideas?

Here's my answer, but it is certainly every bit as questionable as any other answer you will ever get:

Sensations, perceptions, and feelings are sensations, perceptions, and feelings. Playing around with such things is playing around with such things. If you are lucky, you won't cause any harm to yourself. :)

Edited by NotVoid
  • Like 3

I do full lotus, and delve into all 3 tantiens, everyday. 2-3 hours sometimes

Sometimes I "balloon them up" and I am literally inside them.

So, of course, you will experience phenomenon - that's why you are doing it in the first place.

Edited by SonOfTheGods

You can dive in, but you still have to come out. Then you want to dive in some more, just for the sensations available from that exercise. This is a common theme for most beginners, but this comment is not directed at you. Just that such experimentations come in all shapes and sizes, and their aim is nothing other than to cause distractive possibilities.