Z3N

What I see

What I see is little fishes swimming around in bag while floating around in the ocean thinking that they are free, not realising that they are swimming only within the limitation of the bag.

You humans.

Greetings..

What a treat! the pretense of clever never ceases to amuse those that choose their wit to use rather than their originality..

Projecting one's personal limitations onto the rest of humanity only serves to magnify the limitation the projector tries to hide with the illusion that it is everyone else..

Be well..

• Like 2

Projecting one's personal limitations onto the rest of humanity only serves to magnify the limitation the projector tries to hide with the illusion that it is everyone else..

You get pretty damn profound late at night!

What I see is little fishes swimming around in bag while floating around in the ocean thinking that they are free, not realising that they are swimming only within the limitation of the bag.

You humans.

Us humans....and you are ? -- the fish Boss ? :D

It would be more procisley if said that us the "fish" -- think that we are in the bag and therefore just floating around in the same pattern.

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

Greetings..

You get pretty damn profound late at night!

LOL.. even a blind hog will find an acorn, occasionally..

Be well..

• Like 1

Where in Marbelheads pond or ?

Marbleheads ponds are in Marblehead's back yard. Marblehead's fish are in Marblehead's ponds.

PS Only a Buddhist would say there are no fish while he is eating fish for supper.

Ok I'll bite.

Define have.

As in, they are in ponds that are on the property I have legal control of.

"To have" is a difficult concept to speak to for a Materialist like myself who tries to hold to Taoist concepts. From a pure Taoist point of view, I control nothing, not even my own life. Therefore it could be said that "I have" nothing. But then, in order to have some balance and harmony in my life, as well as some security, I integrate my Materialism with my Taoism.

Therefore I have things but those things and even I won't last forever. So all is temporary.

• Like 1

As in, they are in ponds that are on the property I have legal control of.

"To have" is a difficult concept to speak to for a Materialist like myself who tries to hold to Taoist concepts. From a pure Taoist point of view, I control nothing, not even my own life. Therefore it could be said that "I have" nothing. But then, in order to have some balance and harmony in my life, as well as some security, I integrate my Materialism with my Taoism.

Therefore I have things but those things and even I won't last forever. So all is temporary.

Very nice. Love it.

I've come to a similar point albeit from a very different perspective not being a materialist.

I (insert idea/concept of what/who I am - still don't know for certain as still discovering) I would say I participate in an experience with something I identify as fish. Of which, there is one in what I call my home that seems to me to be blue and red and quite responsive whenever I walk by the tank.

This however for me, is not proof of fish, or not fish, nor fish and not fish.

It is proof of perception, which may or may not be illusion.

ps. I'm no buddhist and only a partial taoist.

Greetings..

What a treat! the pretense of clever never ceases to amuse those that choose their wit to use rather than their originality..

Be well..

yeah .... I tried to explain that to him in another thread

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33028-300-million-year-old-machinery-found-in-russia/page-3

... but he zoomed here and posted this <shrug>

Edited by Nungali

Well, I know for sure that my fish are in the ponds and I'm not.

Oh no! I know that you humans just think that ... whereas I see what is really going on .... you ARE in the pond Marblehead .... and its a pond where no one believes your wisdom - which you don't have any way ....

Nah! doesn't work .... that really didn't make me feel better at all :(

No ... marble head does the actual typing but .... he is 'challening' from the fish.

And frankly sometimes those fish make a LOT more sense than some people here

• Like 2

Very nice. Love it.

I've come to a similar point albeit from a very different perspective not being a materialist.

I (insert idea/concept of what/who I am - still don't know for certain as still discovering) I would say I participate in an experience with something I identify as fish. Of which, there is one in what I call my home that seems to me to be blue and red and quite responsive whenever I walk by the tank.

Nice response.

Hehehe. A thought I should clarify - I have nothing against Buddhists. I just don't accept many of the teachings for my life.

Your perspective might even be 'better' than mine because we materialists acknowledge the existence of what we perceive with our senses. Once acknowledged, attachments are created. Lose of these attachments oftentimes brings sorrow. (But then, I'm a big boy, I can handle it.)

• Like 1

Oh no! I know that you humans just think that ... whereas I see what is really going on .... you ARE in the pond Marblehead .... and its a pond where no one believes your wisdom - which you don't have any way ....

Nah! doesn't work .... that really didn't make me feel better at all :(

Hehehe. But you did try. Just that your efforts were misplaced and the thrust was negativity instead of positivity.

Life can be really beautiful if we give it a chance. And yes, sometimes I am in the pond when the water is warm and there is work to do in it. Even when the water is cold I sometimes must get in it but I wear protective attire.

We humans aren't doing all that bad, really. In fact, considering there are over 7 billion of us we must be doing something right now and then.

What a great discussion of evolution that would make! But I won't bore y'all with that.

Remember the "Ten Thousand Things"? I am one of them and the pond is another, different, one of them. And even you and Nungali are manifestations of them, each separate and different and special in your own way but so very true, of the same source - star dust.

Harder for me to differentiate the pond and Marblehead.

But I give benefit of the doubt... until the fish start typing.

• Like 2

Greetings..

Very nice. Love it.

Your use of the word 'fish' indicates your awareness/understanding of the referenced experience.. the dissertation 'about' the simple reference of 'fish' might indicate an attachment to intellectualizing your beliefs.. rather that dwell in the mind's distorted attachments and beliefs, direct simplicity seems to have many advantages.. as long as the parties understand the 'fish' reference, why deviate the conversation?

The claim, "there is no fish", seems like a lot of distraction by the mind's entertainment of its own self-imagery as a heavy philosophical presence to be reckoned with.. but, when someone says 'fish' i understand the meaning, and until the species is defined, the word is sufficient to convey an understandable concept, which i can relate to existence....so, rather than deviate into conceptual ideology, i keep paying attention to what is actually happening, simplicity..

Be well..

• Like 1

semantics for entertainment on one level for sure...

but a very relevant, relevancy of the forms within the 10,000 to make up the rest.

no matter the path, from and to... one source.

• Like 1