Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Punk's not dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l2BYzw6bTAk

not afraid to cover songs from those who had powerful voices , like eric and grace

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R7hui5OQu1E

when the truth is found to be lies

and all the joy within you dies

when the garden flowers baby are dead yes

and your mind [, your mind ] is {so} full of RED

your eyes, i say your eyes may look like his [yeah]

but in your head baby I'm afraid you dont know where it is

tears are running [ ahhh they're all ] running down your breast

and your friends baby treat you like a guest

• Like 1

Actually, I have some Garage Rock in my collection, which isn't very far removed from Punk.

And then there are The Kinks but we won't talk about them.

Edited by Marblehead

Never have been a fan of the genre. Just doesn't do ANYTHING for me. I used to party with these guys after I got out of high school, they were all about "punk rock spirit" along with the rest of my friends. Still don't get it, I guess the "punk rock spirit" isn't inherent in all of us.

Yeah, I feel about Punk the same way I feel about Disco. It just wasn't worth collecting or even listening to.

I do have two albums of Disco music though. By accident. One Rod Stewart and the other The Beegees. I loved both and was buying whatever they were putting out. Those two albums were the last two I bought from those artists.

Disco was popular in Italy when I was there and if you went to a dance hall that was the primary music they were playing.

I ran out of my collection of "Into The Mystic" recordings and have switched to my collection of 'covers' of this song:

the rolling stones even have selections in punk and disco lol. we wont sample them now tho. and i reckon for those years i considered the who to be the greatesr r&r band

dwight yokam has his cowpunk rockabilly,,different critter there tho,,,

i went to see a Who concert once and the opening act was, well the 2 styles did CLASH

they even have punk in nashville but nashville is a drinking town with a music problem,,,

mh, ya never went for any elvis costello or talking heads even?

how about? this one, its kinda punk and disco both imo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jxpe1oSp_sg

mh, ya never went for any elvis costello or talking heads even?

how about? this one, its kinda punk and disco both imo

Nope. No Costello, no Heads, no Blondie.

Elvis Presley, yes.

Here`s some (older) punk from my city :)

These first 3 don`t listen if you get easily offended

Yes, DOA do actually have their own hockey team lol. (saw a game once)

And here`s them live in our local park in Vancouver (do not watch the video unless you live in WA, CO, or Amsterdam)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QZvHN3cpb4

A female punk band :). Pretty good for a group of teens.

and another

Edited by BaguaKicksAss

I have nothing to say.

its understood, but did you do the egyptian walk? or must i play the tune to inspire you?

hehehehe

its understood, but did you do the egyptian walk? or must i play the tune to inspire you?

hehehehe

No, I remained seated on my ass. And then I returned to listening to my collection of Blues I am currently listening to: Jimmy Reed and Joe Williams.

Punk's not dead, but many seventies punk rockers are: the entire front line of the Ramones, Joe Strummer, Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan from the Heartbreakers, Ari Up, Poly Styrene, etc. They seem to dropping at an earlier age than most of the hippies. Different drug choices maybe. What's really strange is that David Crosby and Keith Richards still live on!

• Like 2

Yeah. Sad that the music prefession is such a great media for drug use. Always has been and likely always will be. Some of the artists think they become more creative when using drugs and alcohol. I find this to be an incorrect understanding.

And then, some people can handle the misuse of drugs better than others can.

The 1960s and 1970s were bad years for many artists. Sad that more have not seen the harm associated with drug and alcohol abuse.

Punk's not dead, but many seventies punk rockers are: the entire front line of the Ramones, Joe Strummer, Johnny Thunders and Jerry Nolan from the Heartbreakers, Ari Up, Poly Styrene, etc. They seem to dropping at an earlier age than most of the hippies. Different drug choices maybe. What's really strange is that David Crosby and Keith Richards still live on!

Well the local punk rockers are still alive.... but..... well we can say the drug use has worn on them a bit. Well accept that last band on my vid list, they are all doing very well and healthy. This is sort of true (unfortunately) for every music genre though, especially the folks who became famous. I used to work in radio and would go after the various concerts to interview bands. I ended up knowing more than I would ever want to about many of them! Such as their drug habits.

No, I remained seated on my ass. And then I returned to listening to my collection of Blues I am currently listening to: Jimmy Reed and Joe Williams.

• Like 1

Now you're talking about music.

Any band that wants to learn how to play Blues will learn to play at least one of his songs.

I do have the entire collection of his recorded music.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this