Sign in to follow this  
soaring crane

where I live

Kulmbach in winter:

Kulmbach_Winter2007-2.jpg

The town is over 1,000 years old (well, it's been burnt to the ground and rebuilt a couple times, but the history is 1,000 years old)

I just really love it here and wanted to share :D

• Like 10

'Our' castle is called the Plassenburg. Here's a nearby castle with religious significance:

eisenach.jpg

That's the Wartburg, in Eisenach, where Martin Luther translated the New Testament into German, triggering a 30-year war and a lot of other stuff...

• Like 3

One good share deserves another.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Dorrigo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=RAO5UqzvI8PxoASCk4KgBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=983&bih=401#q=Dorrigo+plateau&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

No Euro history like yours though … only been here 150 years (but non-Euro history over 40,000 years) !

Dorrigo is ‘famous’ for ; highest daily rainfall of 809.2 millimetres (31.86 in) highest in state ; On 31 October 2005, sixty-eight dairy cows, all in full milk, died on a farm near Dorrigo after being struck by lightning :o ; home to the Dorrigo Steam Railway and Museum which houses the largest collection of railway vehicles and memorabilia from the various Government and private railways of New South Wales (but its defunct and shut down :unsure: ) and the local newspaper, the Don Dorrigo Gazette, first published in 1910. It is believed to be the last newspaper in Australia printed using hot metal typesetting. Headlines : Lions club meats this weekend, Cow crosses road in main street!!! Mrs Jenkins cat finally found . :D

• Like 2

Is that a cycle way ... could I blast a Triumph along it? ... Looks too nice to disturb it. Nice place, thanks for sharing :) .... more.

Cute little houses ... lets hope the neighbours don't realise that there is a doorway to hell in one of them ? :D

• Like 2

Is that a cycle way ... could I blast a Triumph along it? ... Looks too nice to disturb it. Nice place, thanks for sharing :) .... more.

Cute little houses ... lets hope the neighbours don't realise that there is a doorway to hell in one of them ? :D

Bicycle, rollerblade, running, walking, whatever. None of those effing motorized things :).

My neighbors all think I'm evil because I'm white, they haven't even looked at further possibilities...

• Like 1

hang on YOU ARE White ? :blink: Oh well then ..... :D

What colour are they ... here whites HAVE been evil :(

(I forgot ... I run windows 7 Internet explorer and it used to work here fine)

• Like 2

One good share deserves another.

https://www.google.com.au/search?q=Dorrigo&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=RAO5UqzvI8PxoASCk4KgBg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=983&bih=401#q=Dorrigo+plateau&tbm=isch&imgdii=_

No Euro history like yours though … only been here 150 years (but non-Euro history over 40,000 years) !

finally got a chance to look at this - BOAH! I wanna go there, I wanna run through those hills and yawp like a crazy man. Wow.

oh, i remembered this photo. Taken this past spring (I think). This is the road to our village. There are always rainbows in the afternoon when the sun is at the proper angle, but this one was special. The photo doesn't do the reality justice, of course:

post-1311-0-39315100-1388012477_thumb.jpg

Sign in to follow this