Apech

Urgent serious complaint

ROFL that reminds me of so many photos I see on the net where I wonder... that 30 seconds taken to take the photo could have been used to....

...send a tsunami of yin qi to make it burn brighter and kill everyone?

I'm trying to stay OT here

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

Sooooo let me get this right, just in case I misunderstand :). So you as a brand new member (!) come into an area that is barely ever noticed by most members, that is for board related talk and technical issues, and ask about the very one topic which has had such a high percentage of forum trolls for the past 8 years? To such a degree I might add that most members cringe at the very mention of it?

OK so once I went onto a raw foods forum and asked if mince and sushi counted, I'll admit ;).

I am sorry if it is confusing. I saw the topic title urgent serious complaint. So out of curiosity, I read the thread..

Since I am new, I feel a little intimidated to post into some 'serious' thread.

Before joining I was lurking and saw all the quarrels going on. I vaguely followed the fuss about the Mopai member. Because this thread had a joking flavor, I thought it would be a easy way for me to dive into the TTBs discussions

Now, my questions were genuine. I know next to nothing about Mopai and since it seems to be such a system, I wanted to have a clear, short, simple answer because I like a lot the KISS principle. :)

That's all, and it is not so important. I lived without knowing Mopai until I found TTBs, and I bet I can live the rest of my life without knowing more about it. :)

Am I OK?

Edited by Bar
  • Like 2

Now, my questions were genuine. I know next to nothing about Mopai and since it seems to be such a system, I wanted to have a clear, short, simple answer

NO! You're not worthy and you never will be. Loser.

(kidding, of course, you have have a legit question and what you're asking is all any of us really want but will apparently never get. Go to youtube and search John Chang, and amazon Magus of Java)

• Like 2

NO! You're not worthy and you never will be. Loser.

(kidding, of course, you have have a legit question and what you're asking is all any of us really want but will apparently never get. Go to youtube and search John Chang, and amazon Magus of Java)

Well, this is a kind of simple, clear and short answer :) I will try to make the most of it...

With gratitude soaring crane :D

• Like 3

It's this system of neigong, where they won't accept anyone but chinese students (how does that work when the teacher looks and lives over in Indonesia??), but where there are youtube vids of the head teacher guy lighting newspaper on fire. Oh alright, there are instructions for the first couple of levels floating around. I think it's the whole "you can't have this" that really makes it so popular.

Keepin it PG 13 yo, forum rulezin.

Mo Pai on tha forums HAI, hatahs say it ain't Pai

Others think they so fly-UGh, worshippin that Chang Guy-UGH,

People hate on the pai, trippin', think they are so sly ,can't hardly listen to how they just lie!

Haters be burning, yearning, practicing, still learning

Striaght out the hutong, hood of their own pai, sad chumps dissin on those other pais no dice.

The cosmic! micro! orbit! best that you do it,it's explicit, within it, offend if you must but baby boy get wid it

All brothas here doin rock the chi, rock the pai, Try cause you must, never die.

Rappin, playin, dancin, let that shen fly. Truth yo!

Ha I just stickin with da basics, none dat fancy pai but hadta share my rappin, it be happenin!

Font color not workin yo.

• Like 4

People hate on the pai, trippin', think they are so sly ,can't hardly listen to how they just lie!

Striaght out the hutong, hood of their own pai, sad chumps dissin on those other pais no dice.

The cosmic! micro! orbit! best that you do it,it's explicit, within it, offend if you must but baby boy get wid it

All brothas here doin rock the chi, rock the pai, Try cause you must, never die.

Ha I just stickin with da basics, none dat fancy pai but hadta share my rappin, it be happenin!

Uhm, you sure? :)

Can you please post some other posts and see if you still have trouble with this? And which browser are you using?

It's this system of neigong, where they won't accept anyone but chinese students (how does that work when the teacher looks and lives over in Indonesia??), but where there are youtube vids of the head teacher guy lighting newspaper on fire. Oh alright, there are instructions for the first couple of levels floating around. I think it's the whole "you can't have this" that really makes it so popular.

I am not Chinese, but I love their food. :)

A friendly member sent me some info via PM so I guess I am at the verge of being hooked, right? :o

Hopefully, being a loser helps a lot with this kind of condition, I will sooner or later resignate myself to returning to my daily zhan zhuang. When I can't have something, it's too boring clinging to it, that's why I always lose.

Edited by Bar

As long as said friendly member doesn't ever offer to sell you MoPai stuff for money it's all good. We had a couple of scammers here before who ripped off a few members, so be careful. Though there are some cool MoPaiers on here as well.

• Like 4

Try some Bagua, yo! :)

As long as said friendly member doesn't ever offer to sell you MoPai stuff for money it's all good. We had a couple of scammers here before who ripped off a few members, so be careful. Though there are some cool MoPaiers on here as well.

The PM's were really friendly, no money involved :)

• Like 1

ROFL that reminds me of so many photos I see on the net where I wonder... that 30 seconds taken to take the photo could have been used to....

Not to mention the 30 seconds taken to comment on it :D

Or the 30 seconds taken to comment on the comment on it :blink:

I am not Chinese, but I love their food. :)

Oh, same here .... but like the MP posts ... 15 minutes after reading them I feel strangely unsatisfied.

Hi,

I beg your pardon but what is exactly Mopai ? :D

I understand that a guy is able to light a bulb with some body part but what for in the end ?

Thanks

Ending the cycle of rebirth via spiritual immortality.

...send a tsunami of yin qi to make it burn brighter and kill everyone?

I'm trying to stay OT here

yang chi.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy

BKA, Do you seriously want an answer to your question... :)

It is well known in martial art circles that Chinese used to in the recent past only teach other full blooded Chinese students. Knowadays it doesn't apply as much in the western world, but it doesn't surprise me that its still happening in a country like Indonesia.

JC may be born and live in Indonesia but do not be fooled by the colour of his skin, if you look af his face he does not look like the average Javanese male. I worked very closly with a Javanese builder in the construction of my in laws house in Indonesia and the two ethnicities whilst similar are still very different even though they live in the same country.

My Chinese Indonesian father in law has very similar features to JC but the only thing that the two of them have in common with a Javanese male is the darker skin colour bought on by the Chinese person living in Indonesia for their lifetime.

Peace FT :)

Edited by Formless Tao
  • Like 1

Was looking for a Mo Pai thread to ask this question -- seems as good as any to divert.

Question: If the aim and goal of Mo Pai is to end rebirth, why not just follow Buddhism, since this practice, idea, and ideal is a Buddhist one which has been adopted by others. Sure, it is legitimately a part of the Mo Pai, but why claim that one needs to do this and that energy practice in such specific ways, when the path to ending rebirth never had these practices in its origins. Sure, we can see some energy practices in Tibetan Buddhism, but these are auxiliary additions, helpful, but later syncretistic additions.

And why have so much faith that these practices will work, when few get anywhere near 1/10th of the way there, while far more seem to "get there" following the original Buddhist practices which aimed to free one of re-birth.

I won't get into the idea of a spiritual path that seeks a miserable view of life rather than seeking how to augment, benefit, and use the means of life given to make it better, but, hey, go where you want to go. It's your time and your life and your needs to be satisfied.

• Like 1

Was looking for a Mo Pai thread to ask this question -- seems as good as any to divert.

Question: If the aim and goal of Mo Pai is to end rebirth, why not just follow Buddhism, since this practice, idea, and ideal is a Buddhist one which has been adopted by others.

Simple answer to your question, HE. No John Chang in Buddhism. :D

Jokes aside, MPG's idea of ending rebirth is quite different from the Buddhist one. At least, that is what i have picked up from reading some of his assertions together with the logic he has placed behind them.

Moreover, he places heavy emphasis on siddhi cultivation, places great expectations and demands on himself, measures others by way of those expectations and demands, and finally thinks that those who try to hush hush this aspect of spiritual accomplishment simply haven't the faintest clue about what it means and what it takes to end the cycle of karmic returns. C'est la vie..

What he does not realise is that there are a handful of Buddhist tantric practitioners here who have actualised certain siddhis, but like their masters, bound by samaya, do not speak about them openly. Its an oath which authentic teachers expect students to keep. Maybe the mindset in the West are by nature more suspicious of those who tend to keep quiet and are not prone to dramatising the effects of siddhic accomplishments. In the East, this is the norm -- there, the creed is: Cultivate quietly, conserve precious energy, be prudent, and exercise maximum restraint when temptations arise to show off, both in deeds and words.

The funny thing with Buddhist tantra is how each individual student approach the practices involved. Teachers often mention affinity and karma when asked why two students who are given the same set of instructions do not reach the same result. What i have learnt is that fundamentally, Right View and motivation are the key determining factors in this process. Those considered to have the correct motivation are usually found to have little to no desire to gain power for its own sake, and would have no hesitation to have such powers neutralised at the slightest hint of attachment to said powers (some masters can do this, its like debriefing, only a little more mystical ^_^ ).

• Like 4

Question: If the aim and goal of Mo Pai is to end rebirth, why not just follow Buddhism, since this practice, idea, and ideal is a Buddhist one which has been adopted by others. Sure, it is legitimately a part of the Mo Pai, but why claim that one needs to do this and that energy practice in such specific ways, when the path to ending rebirth never had these practices in its origins. Sure, we can see some energy practices in Tibetan Buddhism, but these are auxiliary additions, helpful, but later syncretistic additions.

And why have so much faith that these practices will work, when few get anywhere near 1/10th of the way there, while far more seem to "get there" following the original Buddhist practices which aimed to free one of re-birth.

I won't get into the idea of a spiritual path that seeks a miserable view of life rather than seeking how to augment, benefit, and use the means of life given to make it better, but, hey, go where you want to go. It's your time and your life and your needs to be satisfied.

There's just a few different ways to go about it, is all. That's how I see it.

Buddhism doesn't have the same advertising appeal ;).

If at one time Buddhism openly taught methods to end rebirth it no longer does.

Millions of times more seekers practice Buddhist paths, than do Mo Pai.

I have heard of not one Buddhist practitioner who has anything to show for it.

(masters of tummo aside)

At best it might narcotize someone to death and rebirth, making them at peace with it.

In my opinion as far as ending rebirth what is available now under the banner of "Buddhism" is worthless.

If such Buddhist techniques and methods are still taught somewhere they are not out in the open.

Edited by More_Pie_Guy
  • Like 1

Well, in my gardens I put a seed into the ground, watch it germinate, grow into a healthy plant, mature and put out flowers, and, if pollinated, watch the flower wither and a seed pod grow from it. Then the plant dies. The seed pods hold the rebirth. The old plant is never reborn.

Even plants that propogate underneath the ground are never reborn from the old, dead, plant that grows above ground. The new feed off the mature; just as children feed off their parents.

If we look to nature we will see that there really are no cycles of birth, death, and rebirth so there is no need to end something that does not exist. The cycles of reincarnation are nothing but the imaginations of man's mind - no substance in reality.

Therefore it is my opinion that we should not waste our time, our life, on imaginary problems but rather put our energy toward our 'real' problems. And if we are fortunate, and have done well, we will have a good life.

• Like 2

At best it might narcotize someone to death and rebirth, making them at peace with it.

Isn't that the obvious goal of 99.999% of all people in the "spiritual community" even if they would never admit it to themselves?

I mean why would these people otherwise waste their time with systems which will never lead to serious energetic development which could be established through outside observation and measurement?

• Like 2