Thunder_Gooch

Issuing A Challenge To The Community

I'd like to issue a challenge to the community.

Most of you don't like me, and I don't like most of you.

You want me gone, and I don't particularly like being here either.

So let's reach some sort of closure shall we?

I feel you guys need to cough up some sort of cathartic hair ball, before you can move on so either we will get this hairball out or I will get banned from this forum.

My idea is for you all to post in my personal practice forum here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33037-community-challenge/

Say whatever you want, pick a fight if you want, whatever, no holds barred.

But let's get this out of your system, or let's reach the point that my account is banned.

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

• Like 2

Well MPG, I don't post in anyones PPF so you won't see any negative info from me there.

In fact, I don't even have anything negative to say to you.

Furthermore, I don't dislike you. Sure, we don't always agree. Big deal. My best friend (a Christian) don't always agree. And Deci Belle will never agree with me. But I really don't even dislike her.

You have your interests and I have mine. They rarely overlap.

I think it would be a sad day when we are not allowed to express our opinions and understandings on this forum.

Things almost always get nasty when our discussions get personal. Been there, done that. And I dislike myself whenever I allow something like that to happen with me.

When our interests do over-lap I always find your input very valuable.

You will, of course, do what you feel you must do. But know that there is at least one person here who has no problem with you or your input on this forum.

• Like 8

MPG, I have noticed on the board many times, that when there are a handful of members who are very vocal about something, and post a lot about it, it *seems* like it's the whole board, but really it isn't. If one looks at each of these situations when the vocal minority does this, it has never been more than 10-12 people out of over 3500 members. Yeah OK so we only have say 100 active posters. So at *most* only 10% argue with you. I wouldn't go so far as to say don't like you though. Sort of like your posts may give some people the impression that you don't like a certain member here (and I know you are more neutral about him), I think that for the most part, it is the same with others regarding you and your posts.

Though after many years of hearing about JC and MP, I'm sure quite a few are sick of it. That doesn't mean hate you though, perhaps more annoyed by your posts.

OK over to the lets huck rocks at MPG thread

coke%20and%20popcorn.gifcoke%20and%20popcorn.gifcoke%20and%20popcorn.gifcoke%20and%20popcorn.gif

• Like 3

I think that it would be a pity if you left or got yourself banned under these circumstances - not only for you but also for the underlying ethos of this forum.

It's only a tiny clique who are actively actively calling for "disciplinary action" against you; the vast majority of us seem to be more tolerant (or are familiar with the First Rule of TaoBums :))

• Like 5

It's only a tiny clique who are actively actively calling for "disciplinary action" against you;

...a new-age cult clique which master's passive-aggressively claimed infallibility is gravely endangered by the evidence MPG is presenting again and again. That's the sole reason behind all the backstabbing against MPG.

From time to time, new-age cult's stars arise and fall again in this forum which seem always to attract the same kind of people.

Wouldn't it be entertaining if the kunlun cult would still be flourishing on the taobums?

Then our MPG 100% would have to fight a two-front war against delusion and inflated egos! :P

• Like 3

He asked for insults, we are giving compliments, does this count as trolling? :D

No, but some people might interpret it as blasphemy!

• Like 1

Taking things way too personally. For the record it should be clear that I don't dislike you, more pie guy, nor do I wish you gone. Each taobum is like a different spice added to the dish...without you the forum isn't the same.

If you can I suggest you just let the personal shit go and use the forum for its purpose: discussion of spirituality, energy, teachers, systems, etc. Things that are interesting. Not 'everyone dislikes me I dislike everyone' type of posts. Who cares about that?

I'd like to issue a challenge to the community.

Most of you don't like me, and I don't like most of you.

You want me gone, and I don't particularly like being here either.

So let's reach some sort of closure shall we?

I feel you guys need to cough up some sort of cathartic hair ball, before you can move on so either we will get this hairball out or I will get banned from this forum.

My idea is for you all to post in my personal practice forum here:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/33037-community-challenge/

Say whatever you want, pick a fight if you want, whatever, no holds barred.

But let's get this out of your system, or let's reach the point that my account is banned.

The gauntlet has been thrown down.

I agree with the posts above and would say ... why bother (if one breaks the rules one 'does the time' if one annoys someone by not breaking the rules but dancing close to the line, that's the annoyees prob. If that is sooooo bad, change the rule.)

Until I read this bit you wrote; " I don't particularly like being here."

If that is the case , well then, my opinion changes ; 'well what the fuck are you doing it for then?'

I have no problem with you ... unless you are doing something you don't want to do or enjoy ... deep down in your self .... THAT is against 'my religion' and therefore I cant support it .

Go and do / be where YOU want to be ... you will be happier. But do it for that reason, not because you feel driven off or anything.

I might add that the subject matter of your posts (not the perceived tone) is something relatively new to me, and even if I am sceptical I am not closed to the idea ... so you have sort of introduced me to a new concept ... thanks MPG. :)

{however I kinda 'work' in an 'irregular ' way. ;) }

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

I hope you stay , this is such a colourful comunity and thaks god that not everyone thinks the same otherwise it would be

boring and uniformed and there would be not that much to discuss either . There is space for all of us and most of us a bit bonkers one way or another .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 3

Until I read this bit you wrote; " I don't particularly like being here."

If that is the case , well then, my opinion changes ; 'well what the fuck are you doing it for then?'

Looking for others that care about something real and meaningful.

• Like 3

MPG, I have noticed on the board many times, that when there are a handful of members who are very vocal about something, and post a lot about it, it *seems* like it's the whole board, but really it isn't. If one looks at each of these situations when the vocal minority does this, it has never been more than 10-12 people out of over 3500 members. Yeah OK so we only have say 100 active posters. So at *most* only 10% argue with you. I wouldn't go so far as to say don't like you though. Sort of like your posts may give some people the impression that you don't like a certain member here (and I know you are more neutral about him), I think that for the most part, it is the same with others regarding you and your posts.

I feel much the same. If anything, the more I practice and learn, the less inclination I have to debate with people. So long as I can offer clarity here and there when I percieve a misunderstanding as having occured, it seems unnecessary to say much more.

• Like 3

So long as I can offer clarity here and there when I percieve a misunderstanding as having occured, it seems unnecessary to say much more.

You mean that everything we read on the internet isn't necessarily true? WoW!

• Like 1

I'd be really suprised if anyone here could truthfully say that they don't care about something real and meaningful.

• Like 4

I have done the same.

I stopped posting magickal in-depth discussions here for that reason.

Albeit there are a couple of individuals here that have the ability to get deeper in magick, most would just troll the threads.

I have done the same.

I stopped posting magickal in-depth discussions here for that reason.

Albeit there are a couple of individuals here that have the ability to get deeper in magick, most would just troll the threads.

Troll-after.jpg

• Like 1

See; that's when I think (for my own 'selfish' ;) reasons ) that you should stay ... a simple answer to my question that doesn't hiccup at my directness ... now I have more clear info about the situation (instead of being stuck in a loop)

That is the same reason I am here.

I have been in this situation before myself and talked to others in a similar situation (often to do with magic or martial arts groups) I usually say " Well, If you find a group that has a teacher with no faults and no dickhead members in it, please inform me."

Ummmm , I guess the first part is ..... :D - put my foot in that one.

• Like 1

Spilt Christmas treats on the computer screen?

Something I 'put my foot in' ?

What happens if a small group of non-trolls decide to have a conversation that is in-depth and intelligent and they decide as a (say, 5 person group) that they will only respond to each other and just ignore all other attempts at invasion ?