Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

How important is Apathy?

Dear Ones,

how important is Apathy in today's life?

Apathy's next-door neighbor is ignorance, yes. Why do I come up with such a term? Because first and foremost EN is not my mothertongue and for me this term is not fixed in my use and approach to life. Rather I would describe it is a mix of aknowledging, observing and ignoring.

What experiences in life brought me to this idea?

The points are such extremes like this morning when I woke up with rather increased clarity due to my small dinner and meditation before I went to bed last night; mixed with the usual Chakra 1-3 (root, up) subconscious chaos I have very often when I have no perfectly calm beginning of the day; and I then perceive all the unconscious activity of my family members and neighbors, all at once ... resulting me in a "God, not this again" full of disgust and literal hate.

Then seeing all of them falling into their patterns, day after day, like watching it all from above and understanding where they all make mistakes that lead to their suffering. But you can not bring them to see, because they take it as insults. So you watch them, you leave them.

Birds not singing anymore since a few years, rather than waking up and being all territorial. The air cant even clean itself fully, stinging chimney smell everywhere. What else is there to go up in the hills? Literally flee, to avoid the unecessary. The evolutionairy human brake.

This is then somewhat washed over by thoughts, mind knows exactly where these perceptions accompanied by these emotions are going vibrationally and are attempting to turn me over. This can then be managed by having a walk outside, where no one else is around.

This is me literally being 180° different compared to the other night before I went to sleep.

Apathy.. why do I come up with apathy?

Because I want to know honestly if it is perfectly fine to create such Mental Shielding- or Absorption mechanisms, in order to: Reach a certain threshold of vibration.

To be able to get out of this 1-3 root-, sex-, personality-mud with an "I dont care for anyone around me, including family and mind my own business" until we reach a certain level of stability and can return with a more expansive horizon in our minds.

Where is this threshold? Is it solely meditating on the Heart?

I have enough of this, I want to take the elevator above the maze.

I never thought I would hear such words from you.

Apathy is not the answer. Apathy serves no useful purpose.

We need to care. However, we need to understand the difference between those things we can affect and those things we cannot.

Those thing we can make better we should take action upon. Those things we cannot change at this time must be set aside, but not forgotten as there may be a day when we can do something to make things better.

And don't even try to run away from the problems because the problems are actually within as a result of not being able to descriminate between what our own capabilities and capacities are.

Your birds are singing elsewhere. Some of them may have come to my place. There are many in my gardens at various times throughout the day.

Yes, there is air pollution. Yes, there is noise pollution. We do our part to clean it up.

• Like 3

I think.. I think..

I don't really care.

How could you NOT care about apathy ?

Don't you see, this is the way apathy makes its first entry into your body/mind mechanism ? Once inside it starts to grow, un-noticed. Then one day, seemingly from nowhere, thoughts like this will unexpectedly slip into your mind :

"Good health is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die."

Trust me,... This is the place where not caring about apathy takes you.

But if you can catch yourself in time, start 'CARING !' about apathy right now,... then happy, positive thoughts like this, may well come to permeate your every waking moment :

"I used to be clueless about Maths, but I turned that around 360 degrees."

Edited by ThisLife

Perhaps see how the word detachment feels instead of apathy. You can care and feel compassion and even try to solve problems without letting it take over your emotional or mental state and vibrational rate. So you are connected always acknowledging and perceiving and you're thinking maybe ignoring the right choice. I don't know if you've been around kids much? Maybe apply it to a 2 year old, even if a toddler is screaming and fighting and nothing can sooth him or her til the course of the tantrum has run it's course, hopefully the caregiver can still feel love for the child even while it's going on and stay calm and patient without taking it personally. The interesting thing is sometimes if you can breath and find a peaceful expansive mind amidst stress it can really be a positive and calming influence.

Is it apathy or ignorance? I don't know and I don't care!

• Like 3

I never thought I would hear such words from you.

Apathy is not the answer. Apathy serves no useful purpose.

We need to care. However, we need to understand the difference between those things we can affect and those things we cannot.

Those thing we can make better we should take action upon. Those things we cannot change at this time must be set aside, but not forgotten as there may be a day when we can do something to make things better.

And don't even try to run away from the problems because the problems are actually within as a result of not being able to descriminate between what our own capabilities and capacities are.

Your birds are singing elsewhere. Some of them may have come to my place. There are many in my gardens at various times throughout the day.

Yes, there is air pollution. Yes, there is noise pollution. We do our part to clean it up.

They do sing, they sang today. A whole flock of Cyanistes caeruleus underneath I sat.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It was really a 'black day' for me. Long time since I had one of these before. I honestly cant remember. I did not block off any of these things but I felt their affection immensly today. Subconscious clean-up, it was.

Apathy can be the mask for Anger.

Repression of Anger can create Apathy and/or Boredom.

Peace

I felt anger the other days, despite my cultivation. That is a sign that I need to further tweak my negative to positive energy transformations. The Healing Sounds so far work outstanding.

Peace

Apathy = guilty by association.

Yeah, I used the term incorrectly. It was a mishmash of everthing, very unclear. Some specific terms, especially for emotions are hard to translate through different languages. Language in general.

Edited by 4bsolute

Where is this threshold? Is it solely meditating on the Heart?

The threshold is Imagination , Responsibility is the key .

This is not some haiku .

• Like 1

They do sing, they sang today. A whole flock of Cyanistes caeruleus underneath I sat.

Thank you for your words of encouragement. It was really a 'black day' for me. Long time since I had one of these before. I honestly cant remember. I did not block off any of these things but I felt their affection immensly today. Subconscious clean-up, it was.

Now I like hearing those words. Great. I had Sparrows, one Greyjay, and a couple Cardinals in my gardens today. I even had a butterfly.

But I see where you were and I think you handled that well. I am one who must release when things are wrong with me. Holding it in only makes it worse. So I suppose that you did yourself a good service by releasing.

• Like 1

Perhaps see how the word detachment feels instead of apathy. You can care and feel compassion and even try to solve problems without letting it take over your emotional or mental state and vibrational rate. So you are connected always acknowledging and perceiving and you're thinking maybe ignoring the right choice. I don't know if you've been around kids much? Maybe apply it to a 2 year old, even if a toddler is screaming and fighting and nothing can sooth him or her til the course of the tantrum has run it's course, hopefully the caregiver can still feel love for the child even while it's going on and stay calm and patient without taking it personally. The interesting thing is sometimes if you can breath and find a peaceful expansive mind amidst stress it can really be a positive and calming influence.

Is it apathy or ignorance? I don't know and I don't care!

I bloom when I am around kids and animals. I just have immense troubles with 'mature' human beings.. and that comes all down to their ignorance and arrogance. I have a hard time watching others suffer because of the these two unconscious factors.

Detachment.. I attempted a lifestyle change in that direction but it is one of the most hardest approaches to life in our society, because you get sooo easily thrown into a basket of "oh so you just dont care for anything anymore, do you?" Yes, which would actually only empower your training. What is next is then a sense of loneliness. Now mix this together with a non-monastic lifestyle where have countless interferences that tell you are not worth it. One throwback after another.

But I am not here to rant, it is how it is - let's make the best out of it and create more understanding. More of Mr. Acceptance! Either good or bad, do what you want - I love to walk inbetween corpses and roses. Those two combined make a magnificent smell.

It's like the threshold I spoke of - what threshold is needed in order to get Higher and stay there and then live compassionate and detached and can help and be not affected and... see what I mean? Propelling yourself high enough like in Taoist Practice: Nurturing the spirit through cultivation.

Edited by 4bsolute

The threshold is Imagination , Responsibility is the key .

This is not some haiku .

Responsibility is gained as a result. Responsibility is not simply dropped in your lap, waiting for you to examine it. Here have some responsibility, no. Responsibility is the perceived aftermath of self-reflection and contemplation after meditation. The ability to respond requires cultivation, requires Said threshold to hold in ones hand. What responsibility when you have learned nothing yet, have no access to knowledge, no life-experience ergo no wisdom? What responsibility is there when there was no preliminary growth?

True responsibility is gained from direct self-experience. Not from stories of a teacher, wanting to add some value and or meaning to your life, that they have found being important for theirs.

You discover, you understand, you learn to respond to life and then you apply.

The threshold is a certain level of spiritual growth / understanding / re-discovery of Self / energy-cultivation. Many names, same concept.

Yes, truly this is no haiku...

I personally feel more responsibility in my being after a deep session of meditation. I have previously explained it like more 'puzzle pieces' are entering the body and therefor filling every cell with more intelligence. This is a feeling I can hardly put into words. You feel you have grown on some level that is beyond material. You feel more mature. You know more about yourself, you carry more responsibility for every action you perform.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

Corpses and roses?

Garden blooms and grows better if you cultivate the soil by mixing in old dead decomposed things. Then there's weeds and pests to get rid of too.

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this