bd2

Are you able to redirect sexual energy?

8 members have voted

1. 1. The Big Draw: Are you capable of doing it or are you capable of performing similar energetic practices which enable you to have sex [b]as long and as intense[/b] as you wish?

• I have mastered the Big Draw (I can deflate my erect penis mentally)
    • I have nearly mastered the Big Draw (I can deflate my erect penis using a few contractions of my buttocks)
    • I am a beginner at doing the Big Draw but at least i can redirect the energy using strong muscular force
    • I am a beginner at doing the Big Draw and i cannot redirect the energy

I am desperate. I think about the teachings of Mantak Chia for several years. However, i cannot even do the Big Draw. I read that the microcosmic orbit has to be open so that the Big Draw works but i am not disciplined enough to meditate regularily

I know that most of you think that it is ok to ejaculate. In my opinion, ejaculating is not ok. How can i learn to let the aroused sexual energy flow upwards? How can i learn to conserve it in my navel?

I am desperate. I think about the teachings of Mantak Chia for several years. However, i cannot even do the Big Draw. I read that the microcosmic orbit has to be open so that the Big Draw works but i am not disciplined enough to meditate regularily

I know that most of you think that it is ok to ejaculate. In my opinion, ejaculating is not ok. How can i learn to let the aroused sexual energy flow upwards? How can i learn to conserve it in my navel?

I am wondering nearly the same thing. What say you, bums of Tao?

I tried the big draw a few times many years ago and hated it the forcefulness of it, and have never done those manipulative, external sexual practices again.

But, I can deflate a raging hard-on fairly rapidly by shifting the sexual energy into the Lesser Kan and Li...if I am willing to find the energies of the woman inside me.

OFFTOPIC

Why?

--> The Big Draw increases sexual pleasure. I believe that the Big Draw also helps to preserve jing, to preserve a youthful body (full hair, no wrinkles), to stay healthy, to stay sexually potent in old age, to feel always well (also in stressful situations, when having tragic fate) and to pleasure your sexual partners. I also think that sperm is lost irreversibly. Every man is only limitedly capable of generating sperm. Once all sperm that the body could produce is spilled, you become impotent. I think that this is a natural law.

Edited by bd2

works but i am not disciplined enough to meditate regularily

Seek guidance and motivation. Practice something like Chi Gung or Tai Chi. Consider every desire and feeling an altered state of consciousness to navigate. I would suggest Taoist emptiness meditation w/ abdominal breathing to build your awareness of your dan tien. Avoid practicing visualizations. Fixing your attention is enough. Accumulate and build off your personal kinesthetic experiences.

...energy flow upwards? How can i learn to conserve it in my navel?

You will be unsuccessful w/o practicing some type of Gung regularlly.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

I'd link to the post but am not able to...

To get the link to any specific post within a thread,

go to that post and click the "Post #_" listed at the upper right-hand corner of post.

Fer instance, here's the link to #8 of that thread.

Imagine my embarrassment...I've been trying to copy and paste post links...no worky.

Thank you Trunk.

Edited by xenolith

Imagine my embarrassment...I've been trying to copy and paste post links...no worky.

Thank you Trunk.

PS - I already explained this to you at the bottom of this post but you were too busy being snarky to listen.

It is only called sexual energy because of it being experienced in the genitals.

How to get energy from not concentrating in one place? Begin by understanding why you feel sexual attraction.

If you think it is a natural thing, then you will have a harder time, a longer time working through it.

The key is realizing the cause of sexual desire, not just thnking it, but literally seeing the root cause of your own sexual desire, all images and feelings you have associated to it, and all images and feelings, views you have associated to it by having society;friends, family, movies, advertisements, influence you over the years.

Once it is taken apart.. seen for what it is, it is easier to "control". It will be easier to not ejaculate, to not feel the desire emphasized by our own thoughts about it.

To begin, you should take a vow of practice. This means make a promise to your self you will not have sex, not masturbate, and be mindful of when you have lustful thoughts over women and anything else in general. Then you must start recognizing when the thought of sex desire arises, to what it arises by, towards, etc. THis manner makes it easier to control your own thoughts.

Because sexual desire is nothing but a thought away. COntrol your thoughts about it, change your daily habits..things will get easier, and you will be able to open up a different wisdom. Give in to sexual desire, and you cloud your mind.

Peace,

Aiwei

I may generate alot of disagreement from other Bums, but my own experience with Chias sexual energy practices is this:

A big detour. For young men, having a relaxed attitude and relationship towards your sexual energy is paramount.

It's ok to have conventional sex, and please do NOT feel guilty about it, or think that it is detrimental to your spiritual cultivation or your energy level.

Just focus on regular practice, and increase your time doing that, and the sexual issues will fall away. Sexual qigong practice has a place much later in practice. After a truckload of other stuff has been worked through.

The only thing you need to take care doing is to feel how often you can have sex without depleting yourself in the long run. This, you'll find out from experience, and listening to your body. There are also many practices that will make you recover much faster after sex.

h

I'm not terribly sure how useful my post will be to you as I have no idea what the 'big draw' is and have only a vague notion who Mantak Chia is.

I've practiced non-ejaculatory sex for many years now and found it extremely gratifying. One emission every month or so seems to keep things running smoothly and a loving partner, patience and good humour all go a long way to making ejaculation control a reality.

BUT... most important of all: you have to enjoy it!!

With or without ejaculation, sex should be fun! Ejaculation control works for me, but everybody's different. Don't make sexuality a chore and remember that anything taken to an extreme can be equally harmful.

'If what I claim seems incredible,

Try feeding this [aphrodisiac] to the oldest tomcat.

Within three days he will rut without pause,

Within four days he'll chase after dogs and rabbits too.

His fur will turn from white to black

And finally he'll keel over dead

From neglecting to empty his bowels.

So remember the fate of this cat,

And don't neglect to empty your bowels.'

Hou Hui: The Golden Lotus

(And don't worry too much about emptying testicles ;) )

Peace,

ZenB

It is only called sexual energy because of it being experienced in the genitals.

How to get energy from not concentrating in one place? Begin by understanding why you feel sexual attraction.

If you think it is a natural thing, then you will have a harder time, a longer time working through it.

The key is realizing the cause of sexual desire, not just thnking it, but literally seeing the root cause of your own sexual desire, all images and feelings you have associated to it, and all images and feelings, views you have associated to it by having society;friends, family, movies, advertisements, influence you over the years.

Once it is taken apart.. seen for what it is, it is easier to "control". It will be easier to not ejaculate, to not feel the desire emphasized by our own thoughts about it.

To begin, you should take a vow of practice. This means make a promise to your self you will not have sex, not masturbate, and be mindful of when you have lustful thoughts over women and anything else in general. Then you must start recognizing when the thought of sex desire arises, to what it arises by, towards, etc. THis manner makes it easier to control your own thoughts.

Because sexual desire is nothing but a thought away. COntrol your thoughts about it, change your daily habits..things will get easier, and you will be able to open up a different wisdom. Give in to sexual desire, and you cloud your mind.

Peace,

Aiwei

Gosh. I dont like this attitude of control at all. But then, I'm a woman. I feel the ebb and flow of sexual feelings in my body and welcome and enjoy them, and they arent specifically related to the opposite sex or the act of sex or erotic thoughts or attractions. I'm a sexual being. I love it. The energy is a wonderful pulse. It IS a natural thing. And if I feel on fire from looking at a beautiful man, that's a pleasure of life I can savour as I do a hot cup of tea or the smell of roses.

Isnt it possible to revel in the Big Draw as an accentuation of one's sexual response to life?

edited, 2012 to add Ai Wei is a very wise sage.For myself I didnt have to work on 'control' to move forward, it happened as a result of life practice. Ironically, seeing others pulled around like puppets on a string by their fiery sexual desires really really helped me to let go of it, to see through it as distraction.

Probably be back in 2017 with yet more commentary..:rolleyes:

Hi Guys,

Yes I can redirect Sexual Energy, I started with Testicular Breathing, moved on to the Big Draw and then had a go at Lins exercises.

I have ended up moving the energy constantly during sex so that their will be no real requirement to do a hard Big Draw, I also focus on moving the energy so that it travels in my partner. The trick is to focus on the energy and moving it.

To practice some times I have sex only as a way to get in touch with the energy as it builds.

Regards

Ian

PS - I already explained this to you at the bottom of this post but you were too busy being snarky to listen.

sean, allow me to take this opportunity to apologize for being snarky, something that I presume is closely related to not listening (reading) carefully. I now see that you were advising me to do other than the right click and "Copy link location" that I was doing and was frustrating me when it wouldn't paste the post but rather the first post of the thread in which it existed. I didn't recognize this difference in what you wrote and what I understood at the time that you offered it. Funny how clear it now is that you advised me exactly as did Trunk. Must have been that rascally snarkiness!

I offer you my most sincere apology...and expect my experience here to be considerably less frustrating...only good can result.

Love.

xeno

edit: well I'll be durn, I just became a Bum! :D Instant karma!

Edited by xenolith

Gosh. I dont like this attitude of control at all. But then, I'm a woman. I feel the ebb and flow of sexual feelings in my body and welcome and enjoy them, and they arent specifically related to the opposite sex or the act of sex or erotic thoughts or attractions. I'm a sexual being. I love it. The energy is a wonderful pulse. It IS a natural thing. And if I feel on fire from looking at a beautiful man, that's a pleasure of life I can savour as I do a hot cup of tea or the smell of roses.

Isnt it possible to revel in the Big Draw as an accentuation of one's sexual response to life?

Your ebb and flow is just your thoughts and emotions following them. You "being" a sexual being is all in your thoughts. Energy is energy, regardless of its pulse. It is you who likes it or dislikes it resulting in your view of pleasant and non pleasant.

It is natural of your conditional response to things, but not of an over all human nature to just follow wht you feel. It is ignorance which causes one to follow what they feel, go on the up and down, and think it is fine and natural to do, but it only results in constant desiring and feeling, identifying.

Feeling the fire, is only desire, and it is only that way because of one's thoughts and attachments to what they experience. It is only a pleasure because you decide it is. And just because the majority of the people of this world think the same, doesn't make it actually a very practical manner of living.

To cultivate this big draw is just to detach from the thoughts and desires, utilize the energy without attachment and cultivate proper wisdom.

The way it is does not rely on people believing in it or liking it. It just is that way regardless.

This is the most direct post I have made here. I am not attacking you in anyway. I have seen your outlook on sexual energy from many many many people, and it only results in desiring and covering a "deeper" wisdom. I used to have those thoughts as you do as well...many many years ago, and I have tranfromed them.

I do sincerely hope that this post only makes the thought process for anyone turn moreso, and somehow point towards your non dual nature. For this post has no underlying attack of opinion or discrimination of anyone's thoughts.

What you feel makes sense for you is what will be for you. I am just simply laying out the process of things.

This will make for a good discussion.

Peace and Happiness,

Aiwei

the funny thing about "the me" directing energy is.....

hahahahahahahahahahaha

That is golden! When one has reached the state which is only called a state to focus the discussion, of no self, there will be no distinction between a "Me" and an "Energy" to direct. The mind and body illuminates. Then any thought is already controlled...just for the sake of saying controlled.

Peace and Happiness

Aiwei

Me?

I'm wondering...

...is it ok to applaud after a really great shared orgasm?

I've been doing it for many years - might be hard to change the habit. :blink:

Me?

I'm wondering...

...is it ok to applaud after a really great shared orgasm?

I've been doing it for many years - might be hard to change the habit. :blink:

When there is substance, it can be directed. In the directing, there should be no disticntion of substance.

:D

Peace,

Aiwei

I guess that I've successfully redirected sexual energy into applause.

Should I be applauded for that?

Or are you saying that there's no cosmic difference between a shower of semen and applause?

Seems both can be offered as a sign of appreciation.

Edited by beancurdturtle

I guess that I've successfully redirected sexual energy into applause.

Should I be applauded for that?

Or are you saying that there's no cosmic difference between a shower of semen and applause?

Seems both can be offered as a sign of appreciation.

If there is delight in it, therefore there is a view, and a distinction of something to delight in..

Whether you have successfully done anything or not does no good for my cultivation.. :D

Your wisdom as an outcome is all we should be looking for. ;)

Peace,

Aiwei