Sign in to follow this  
runner11

Dreams affecting the body

Just curious what you folks' opinion is about the ability for dreams to affect the physical body.

Last night I had a dream that I was with some friends just hanging out and outside on a nice day, and we were doing handstands on the grass. In my dream I kept doing handstands for what seemed like an hour, having a good time and goofing around. When I woke up, I had a pretty bad stomach ache, which was weird because I didn't eat right before bed and felt fine before bed. I stayed awake for 20 minutes and I started feeling better.

I'm sure we've all also had the kind of dream that's just a perfect scene, and it causes you to wake up in a great mood. And of course there's the erotic dreams which can lead to orgasm during the dream, but actually having a stomach ache after dreaming about handstands was really wild to me, and has never happened to me before.

Anybody have any similar experiences?

There's a well known book out there about lucid dreaming, I forget the name atm though. The author talks about a lucid dreamer who in his dream was talking to a dream character who was smoking and told her "You're not real, you're just a dream character". She got pissed and said "really?!" and then stubbed the cigarette on his arm. He woke up with a burn on his arm.

I've read anectdotal reports like this elsewhere as well. Personally, I've had dreams where I'd get an energetic feeling and wake up with the same energy in my body. The most intense of these was when I was lucid dreaming and I asked to meet my higher self and then was projected infront of a huge ball of electric blue energy which caused my physical body to convulse in bed. I woke up like that, in convulsions.

• Like 1

Before I drift off to sleep, I usually stay for long periods in trance state. Sometimes during that state I play around, not the same as lucid dreaming but still... One time I looked into the sun and had to get up in real life to use the bathroom, when I got up from the bed I had bright sunspots, even though the sun only existed in my mind.

• Like 2

Yes dreams can influence body , some people use dreamtime for healing .

Infact many times people wake up and go around in strange mood and do some stuff they would not normally -- in my opinion it has a potential that it was the dreamlife influnced . As much as dreams are influnced by daily life , daily life gets influnced by dreams .

Maybe something in subconsiousness shifted or something and produced such effect .

Dreams are not some sort of non being .

• Like 1

Before I drift off to sleep, I usually stay for long periods in trance state. Sometimes during that state I play around, not the same as lucid dreaming but still... One time I looked into the sun and had to get up in real life to use the bathroom, when I got up from the bed I had bright sunspots, even though the sun only existed in my mind.

I like this, MPG! Don't be so certain about the section I bolded above, though... ;)

Sign in to follow this