Sign in to follow this  
i am

Notification Management

I'm a little confused on how my settings work.

Could be a fluke, but I just modified something today and it worked opposite how I expected.

I wanted to stop getting email notifications of when someone sends me, or replies to a PM. I did this successfully with "likes". I didn't see the need to get an email every time someone liked a post of mine.

But when I unclicked email notifications for PMs, what happend instead was that I got an email notification of a PM, but the PM never showed up in my mailbox here on TTBs.

I turned email notifications back on...no big deal. But I would guess it shouldn't work that way. Or did I do something wrong?

Er...

Interesting.

I'll put that one on my to do list as well...

I have a theory "this forum software is a little glitchy".

• Like 1

I have a theory "this forum software is a little glitchy".

I have noticed things work differently than they used to from a few weeks ago.

Before I could quote by hitting the quote button, now I get a blank Reply box with no quote in it.

Now, I have to hit reply open a reply box, make sure the top left button is on to show the posting details, then go back to the post I want to quote and click on quote then the quote appears in reply box..

The same with pasting, I could post before in an empty box (after saying yes in the little pop up), then it would go to the top of the reply box in front of any text already typed or quoted and I would have to cut and paste it again to the right part of the reply ... now I cant do that at all, I hit paste - nothing. But if I click the left top button and show the details I can paste, then click back to access the toolbar. Its okay, I have figured out ways to drive this thing ... but it has changed (unless I inadvertently did .... something ... to my settings ???)

And something is wrong with MY settings (in my brain) I still cant seem to manage to post a pic :unsure:

Edited by Nungali

Still an idiot ... If I click on that a box comes up with the image details little empty window. the rest of the screen grey ... I paste the address in it (?) and click okay, nothing ... then I have a stuck grey page

Cant click ok or cancel if I try to x then ?some of the options have been changed. “Are you sure to close the dialogue ?” ??? ‘are you sure you want to close the dialogue box’ ? But I cant close it.

and have to hit back button :( to escape

Everyone else seems to manage it … sigh <wanders off>

I have taken to using code for most of my formatting/post-management activities. Can't upload a picture to the forum that way but can do most other posting-related things (including linking to a picture elsewhere on the Internet...)

• Like 1

Still an idiot ... If I click on that a box comes up with the image details little empty window. the rest of the screen grey ... I paste the address in it (?) and click okay, nothing ... then I have a stuck grey page

Cant click ok or cancel if I try to x then ?some of the options have been changed. “Are you sure to close the dialogue ?” ??? ‘are you sure you want to close the dialogue box’ ? But I cant close it.

and have to hit back button :( to escape

Everyone else seems to manage it … sigh <wanders off>

If you use firefox try cntrl - a few times to make everything smaller, then what you need should show up. Also when you get that grey screen, just click on it and it will go away.

I'm supposed to be replicating an exact colour of yellow, with a slight greenish hue to it... noooot easy!

Now you now why I post so much on TTBs sometimes LOL.

I don't use firefox and when I click on grey it doesn't go away .... don't bother .... my jinx might rub off on you ( ewwww! )

Crl- works in any browser, so does ctrl+

Don't use IE no matter what.

While I have several others installed, I almost always use IE. It's nice to have options, though! ;)

Sign in to follow this