skydog

Does cultivation make other people anxious around you?

Yes I know how it sounds, stop talking crap and justifying things.

But please show some tolerance and respond respectfully.

When I talk with some people, my silence seems to have an energetic effect on others like make them stop thinking, which maybe they are not so used to, and then they feel weird, or maybe their energy moves up.

Also I am naturally very firey, when I am around watery kind of people or become watery myself, I feel anxious.

Or is this just a case of too much time around people makes a sensitive person overstimulated needing time to one self...

Or do I take in other peoples energy...

And solutions..probably all about being grounded right.

Edited by skydog

maybe it's not energetics but instead the personality you are projecting.

IME think this is a flawed way of perceiving this situation. The energies you project or where your vibing at can have powerful influence on your personality and vice versa. The 2 are not separate.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi

Yes.

Being around certain people calms me. Being around certain people brings my level of ability at things up a few notches. Being around certain people brings energy to my head in kind of a bad, jittery giddy way.

So I'd assume that you're at least somewhat correct.

Once I get more sensitive to feeling my own energy and others energy, working on maintaining my center and not getting pulled to other peoples centers is definitely part of what I want to work on.

• Like 3

That perhaps cultivation isn't the issue at all, but instead the personality he is projecting.

Gotcha. Thanks

I *think* what MPG is getting at is that different people's energies affect one another. He's naturally repelled by newage energy, and at a guess it would be mutual.

I've noticed that the various qigong and martial arts exercises that one does daily REALLY helps to keep others' energies out of one's energy body :) :) :).

I spent a lot of my life trying to "get along", and so the tendency to meld with other people is pretty natural for me. But I'm getting better at avoiding it.

• Like 1

I *think* what MPG is getting at is that different people's energies affect one another. He's naturally repelled by newage energy, and at a guess it would be mutual.

I've noticed that the various qigong and martial arts exercises that one does daily REALLY helps to keep others' energies out of one's energy body :) :) :).

I wouldn't use the word energy so much, most people have no more than they were born into the world with.

I am repelled by newage personalities.

It is funny, my entire life half the world seems very much repelled by me, and the other half VERY drawn to me (for some reason they can't figure out). I mean even before I have spoken a word. Has to be an energy thing I figure. I think some of us just have different or strong energy. Well also if you actually *do* practice a decent amount, people can feel it.

• Like 1

Church -goers and new age white fluff bunnies can feel my energy and get all discumbobulated around me- Big Time.

They drop stuff, trip, walk into walls, and they don't even try to pretend they aren't staring at me.

Of course, being a big powerlifter, covered in demonic-looking tattoos and having an aura of magick -doesn't help the situation. ;)

Best thing of all is the element of surprise. I am the guy who pushes your car out of traffic, helps old ladies across the parking lot, and returning your lost cell phone.

• Like 4

Sure newagers annoy me, however I have met a few who take their practice seriously (as in a few hours per day everyday) and can actually do some stuff, and those folks I respect. I know, I know, I should respect them all as they are fellow beings... not there yet lol.

Now funny is when a fluffy peace loving, heal the world newager comes up to me, takes the Daemon necklace (as in strong presence of said entity) I wear in their hands and goes on and on about how spiritual and good it feels ;). Had this happen more than once. I just don't have the heart to tell them...

• Like 2

Edited by skydog

I don't think the question was about New Agers that's just something MPG brought up for some reason. The question is if you cultivate energy do you affect those around you? Answer yes. Some people react badly to it and some well depending on their own state.

PS. the problem with New Age people is not their energy its their lack of it. But that's another issue.

PPS. I have also observed non-cultivators who seem to display energy ... this can be very confusing (and sometimes dangerous).

• Like 3

What makes people anxious around me is if I piss them off . People are very sensitive often without even knowing or being able to word of what is going on .

Also there is many kinds of silences (refers to Skydogs OP) . There is silent silence , grumpy silence , fuck off silence , i told you silence , violent silence ...people can feel that .

So if one wants more peaceful and relaxed enviroment -- watch your actions , thoughts and deeds carefully , not someone elses . Especially if cultivating becouse not only one can burn their own self , but others too quite more easily than regular person . Everything goes to quite extreme .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 8

I shield myself all the time to avoid other people's energies, mostly it's the low vibrational sort - materialistic ideas, hate-talk, complaining and so on that I want to avoid.

Ya Mu talked once about hiding / compacting your energy body so you don't get noticed, not sure whether you can use it. The move is in GOT III, I think.

Anyway, regarding other people in general I practise being humble, non-judgmental, appreciative towards them even though it is tough. I don't like having a hard HEART so it comes naturally that I want to soften it.

:wub:

• Like 5

I think that we can take the word "newager" and replace it with any group of people who's energy we are naturally repelled by. We each have our own biases, different path energies don't always mesh, and so forth. I've actually personally found that I am often drawn to or repelled by people based on which Deities or spirits they work with, since that energy is around them.

Btw, that shrink and condense your energy field thing is easy enough, not good to do it too often though or you can cause yourself problems. I mean the practice in general, I have no idea how SM does it.

• Like 3

I don't know about people, but I'm fairly certain animals react to energy in a strong way. The other week I was out in the back yard practicing, when I finished an exercise and opened my eyes only to see that the 10 or 15 Rosellas who hang out in the big gum tree there had all gone perfectly still and silent and were all sitting there with their heads tilted, staring at me. Pretty cool moment.

• Like 5

I don't know about people, but I'm fairly certain animals react to energy in a strong way. The other week I was out in the back yard practicing, when I finished an exercise and opened my eyes only to see that the 10 or 15 Rosellas who hang out in the big gum tree there had all gone perfectly still and silent and were all sitting there with their heads tilted, staring at me. Pretty cool moment.

Animals can definitely feel energy, and I have found are far far less judgmental than humans.

Birds and cats come to me.

Follow me.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell
  • Like 4

Yup.

When I was studying with my first meditation teacher/group, when we were doing a mantra for one of the beauty goddesses, a lot of students started mentioning that birds started hanging around more. I was doing mantra in my room in front of my altar, there was this small scraggly leafless tree next to my window and I heard what I thought was the tree tapping against the window. There were like 5 birds in it, one of them tapping. I find it's not all that unusual (still surprising and wonderful) when I really focus on mantra for a good stretch, that happens. Some with people, too, but more noticable with birds.

• Like 8