Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

How to 'heal' Looping Thoughts?

Is this a sign of less focus?

Yesterday before I went to bed I noticed myself being in the usual twilight state of sleeping and not-sleeping and found myself in a random place, flew a straight direction and at a certain point I wanted to do an action and this action then looped and looped and looped. I could not bring myself consciously out of it, so I had to open my eyes and look somewhere in my room until the unpleasantness that came along with it... somewhat agitated... disappeared.

Shortly after I was drifting like falling into a vortex which I could not control. I felt helpless and also fear came up. No idea if this matches together with the loop of thoughts...

Also when I have an idea and do not express this idea in verbal form or any other physical, it tends to loop until I distract myself from it.

When I am alone saying my thoughts out loud helps to remove them from my mind and put them 'outside' but it is not that they are then forgotten - I can rather then use this to empty my mind from thoughts and at the same time those verbally expressed thoughts can be recalled for me later in a very easy way.

I wonder what causes looping thoughts and how to bring them into a healthy state.

Any self experience?

Edited by 4bsolute

I've had this before. For me it was sometimes the imagination of a physical object or action which was say spinning in a direction, but it felt uncomfortable and I wanted to swing it in the other direction to balance it out. I think I even might even of had a mild form of OCD with obsessive thoughts like this.

What's helped me the most is Eckhart Tolle, and just observing the thoughts in a non-judgemental way, opening space and letting them dissolve.

I'm not quite sure this is the right piece of advice, but i always found this useful:

• The words focus on the center are most sublime. The center is omnipresent; the whole universe is within it. This indicates the mechanism of Creation; you focus on this to enter the gate, that is all. To focus means to focus on this as a hint, not to become rigidly fixated. The meaning of the word focus has life to it; it is very subtle.
  • The terms stopping and seeing basically cannot be separated. They mean concentration and insight. Hereafter , whenever thoughts arise, you don't need to sit still as before, but you should investigate this thought: where is it? Where does it come from? Where does it disappear? Push this inquiry on and on over and over until you realize it cannot be grasped' then you, will see where the thought arises. You don't need to seek out the point of arising any more. HavIng looked for my mind, I realize it cannot be grasped.' 'I have pacified your mind for you.'

It's from 'Secret of the Golden Flower'.

• Like 2

The method of Byron Katie turns the energy of a thought in on itself, its remarkably effective I find. It's not that you actually get rid of the thoughts themselves its that when they are questioned in that particular way it is shown that the exact opposite thought has an equal validity, which deconstructs the belief in the thought as being represetitive of reality so the dynamic colapses and the thought leaves you, you don't have to get rid if it.

• Like 1

In line with Byron Katie, I recommend Sedona method or Abundance course, both based on the ideas of Lester Levenson.

I'm not quite sure this is the right piece of advice, but i always found this useful:

• The words focus on the center are most sublime. The center is omnipresent; the whole universe is within it. This indicates the mechanism of Creation; you focus on this to enter the gate, that is all. To focus means to focus on this as a hint, not to become rigidly fixated. The meaning of the word focus has life to it; it is very subtle.
  • The terms stopping and seeing basically cannot be separated. They mean concentration and insight. Hereafter , whenever thoughts arise, you don't need to sit still as before, but you should investigate this thought: where is it? Where does it come from? Where does it disappear? Push this inquiry on and on over and over until you realize it cannot be grasped' then you, will see where the thought arises. You don't need to seek out the point of arising any more. HavIng looked for my mind, I realize it cannot be grasped.' 'I have pacified your mind for you.'

It's from 'Secret of the Golden Flower'.

Very good. And yes, the mind is everywhere. As far as I understand it from this perspective: Your brain is simply the antenna for it.

The method of Byron Katie turns the energy of a thought in on itself, its remarkably effective I find. It's not that you actually get rid of the thoughts themselves its that when they are questioned in that particular way it is shown that the exact opposite thought has an equal validity, which deconstructs the belief in the thought as being represetitive of reality so the dynamic colapses and the thought leaves you, you don't have to get rid if it.

Yes, I can already see why it can not work to get Rid Of Something. This only means that it will stick even harder.

Have you ever heard of Kundalini Syndrom? It basicly means gathering more energy than your body can work with, which then results in all kinds of halluzinations and sensory phenomena that surely and mostly create fear.

/meditate

treat these as the resonances that they are. these are not singular entities of unmoving scalar potential. they are vectored resonances that are furthered by the associated habit energy and entrained pathways thereof.

the way to conquer is to do with it what nature does with all energy on a contextually appropriate timescale - transform.

recognizing the arising potential is the first step.

next, find an appropriate redirection.

then, as you recognize the arising potentials in ongoing situation, seize the moment and redirect before manifestation occurs.

never be perturbed about the old resonance popping back up. positively or negatively, it is furthering. simply return, unperturbed, to the redirection of your choice.

putting the awareness into timing and analysis of physical mechanisms is one way.

turning the light around is another.

doesnt much matter, so long as you find, transform, attenuate that which needs redirection - so attenuation doesnt work if you just try to suppress. the potential still exists. do something with it!

helped a buddy of mine overcome stress to the point he could taste it with these methods.

Sign in to follow this