Sign in to follow this  
suninmyeyes

dreamtime life

Inspired by current dream teaching thread I have decided to ask you about your dream life and learning in dreams as well as using your own lucidity within a dream for spiritual practise or raising vibrations ...

Interested to hear about dream teachers , guides ..do you have one for a long time ? How are you sure that this is your guide ?

Do you go places you never been , do stuff and meet people /beings you never saw before ?

Accomplish tasks , have work to do ? What kind ?

Dream techniques ?

What kind of dreamwork do you do ?

Do you write dream journals ?

Share and discuss -- specially would be intersting to hear from long term practicioners or people with more deeper understanding of themselves and interconnection between sleep and awake states .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 3

This is not really often discussed in awake life , I have noticed . Dreams tend to be sometimes told , but not much attention is payed to them due to prevalent understanding . It is almost a taboo .

Why ? Becouse the whole society structure is constructed mostly on anti fullnes and anti knowing of who we really are .

Becouse dream language is not understood by logic orientated mind , as well as could not easily translate into words and time frames we work with and that are commonly accepted while awake .

I am especially curious about learning in dreams and taking knowledge into being awake too , as well as practising in the dream .

One of examples of practising in the dream :

So dream starts and I notice that people (dream figures ) I meet have an unusual air about them ( common dreamscape ). This always makes me suspicious that I may be dreaming . With first hint of suspicion I usually start interracting with them (my way of checking out of whats up ), asking who they are .

According to their response -- understanding comes that this is a dream . Therefore I tell my self and them that they are in the dream to together with me , just like some ideas .

This usually wakes me up or the dream wipes of from the screen of the mind and I truly wake up in light or some meditation state by using discrimination , and /or listening to the inner sound and raising my vibrations .

Would like to add that this came on spontanious and I have never purposefully practised lucid dreaming .

At this point more consciously crossing into different dimensions of being can occur , this is where meeting and learning happens . Like a "door" that opens according to ones vibrational state .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 2

That sounds fantastic suninmyeyes!

But I'm afraid I can't help much.

But I hope others can help.

Perhaps my sleeping/dreaming life is something I should work on.

I often wake troubled, I know I have personal relationship things that need to be resolved, but I am sure they will in time.

Yes, maybe I should do more "dream" work.

We'll see.

My life is a waking dream.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

Have you ever suspected that your dream-self is up to something that she doesn't bother to inform your waking-self about?

I often have. My dream-self seems to have a completely unbridled version of many of the traits my waking-self has suppressed, so much so that I sometimes suspect the waking-self is the dream, and the dream-self is reality. The waking-self has been taught to be, well, civilized. The dream-self, no. Hell no.

What sometimes worries me is that some impulses of the waking-self that civilized life deems mandatory to inhibit may be acted upon by the uninhibited dream-self and affect the waking reality. But she does not inform the waking me because the waking me would freak out. However, I get some indirect evidence...

...does anyone know what I'm talking about?..

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 2

Have you ever suspected that your dream-self is up to something that she doesn't bother to inform your waking-self about?

I often have. My dream-self seems to have a completely unbridled version of many of the traits my waking-self has suppressed, so much so that I sometimes suspect the waking-self is the dream, and the dream-self is reality. The waking-self has been taught to be, well, civilized. The dream-self, no. Hell no.

What sometimes worries me is that some impulses of the waking-self that civilized life deems mandatory to inhibit may be acted upon by the uninhibited dream-self and affect the waking reality. But she does not inform the waking me because the waking me would freak out. However, I get some indirect evidence...

Zdravstvuje Taomeow , happy to see you here ..

I do actually see what you mean . Something is trying to work itself out .

In dreams some stuff that needs to be worked out is being worked out . So maybe little is overflowing , but little by little is good measure for healthy adjustment ... Kind of a survival mechanism .

.. Or it is something else .

In my case character wise I am actually becoming very similar to what I am in waking state , some slight exaghurations here and there (this does not mean I am flawless and wonderful by all means ) .

However I am working my own stuff out in dreams , sometimes in most curious way and sometimes boring .

What is amazing is the type of dreams I get in comparison to say 15 years ago . I often wonder about people and places -- wherther I somewhow invented them , based on various things or what ?

• Like 2

Zdravstvuje Taomeow , happy to see you here ..

I do actually see what you mean . Something is trying to work itself out .

In dreams some stuff that needs to be worked out is being worked out . So maybe little is overflowing , but little by little is good measure for healthy adjustment ... Kind of a survival mechanism .

.. Or it is something else .

In my case character wise I am actually becoming very similar to what I am in waking state , some slight exaghurations here and there (this does not mean I am flawless and wonderful by all means ) .

However I am working my own stuff out in dreams , sometimes in most curious way and sometimes boring .

What is amazing is the type of dreams I get in comparison to say 15 years ago . I often wonder about people and places -- wherther I somewhow invented them , based on various things or what ?

Thanks for the warm privet into the thread!

My waking self and my dream self are also similar, the way the map and the territory are similar...

The waking self thinks about stuff and observes and muses and, more often than not, decides against any action. The dream self doesn't think -- she acts. The waking self sees the dust settle after the fact, when the dream self is done and gone. And thinks, "wow, did I do that? I wouldn't.. I wouldn't dare... wasn't me..."

Lots and lots of indigenous peoples have always believed that events of the waking world are arranged and planned in the dreamtime. In my case it's not a uniform spread -- some things my dream self does not intervene in at all. My waking self is supposed to work them out without any "supernatural" help, probably because they are things, events and entities of the artificial world, as un-anchored and random as the rest of the non-magical, civilized human stuff which has no roots in the miraculous and therefore is blown about with no rhyme or reason.

But the dream self has her pet peeves, things that she will never let slide into the wasteland of the random and meaningless. On those, she acts close to one hundred percent of the time -- with repercussions in the waking world.

• Like 2

Was away for few days ...really interesting Taomeow .

Ah , OK . My dreamself doesnt think either , but acts . Infact if thinking starts I wake up , which can be really annoying sometimes .

Only in begging of falling asleep there may be a thought of some sort , but this would not be classed as dream but falling asleep period (by me) .

It is hard to describe , but if there is thought coming up when deep in dream , even a very subtle one -- I already know that I will wake up . At this point I start using abiltiy to speak with sound in the dream , and everything starts dissolving -- fading away .

Last time (and not the only one ) I was having an important converstaion with one teacher whom I do not know , but still remeber his physical and mental picture and place he told me to remeber.

He was telling something important but thought came and I knew that I will become more dense and not be able to hear rest unless he hurries up . So I started to appologise and tell him that I will disspear soon and that my voice is going to and urged him to hurry up with what he has to tell.

Dream me thought awake me a lot , infact it is through dreams and its connection with waking state that most understanding come . Goes both ways .

Yes in comparison everyday "civilised" life can be pretty dry , to refresh the connection with more magical way of being is a true art .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

All that is now real was once merely imagined.

Our dreams become real.

And have you noticed -- our "real" becomes dream. It's isomorphic... The golden age was real once. Or childhood -- ours or someone else's.

I have dreams of other lives, where everything is real except me of this-here life, who is a weird dream to the huntress of some 40,000 years ago, or to a spirit reader for a nomadic tribe, or to a much stranger person who finds me-of-this-life very strange too. Each one of these is a dream "here" but real "there," they have nothing on me, I have nothing on them -- just like a bead on a necklace of pearls has nothing on another bead, many more beads removed -- except the common string they are all revolving around, and the occasional reflections of one another they catch if you turn the necklace in such a way that you can glimpse them. :)

• Like 2

Reflections and refractions - unending fractal symmetry.

Yes.

A new golden age dawns.

I don't know what it means.

Oh don't get me started i'll zone out.

My life is so strange.

The synchronicities make my head spin.

And whilst reading or watching something I'll get these weird deja flu type flashes and connections..

That is how my past life recall works.. I think.. its strange..

Parallel lines..

Sorry to ramble.. maybe try to edit into some sort of sense later.

Really my best work is on my blog.

Problem is its probably too subtle.

hehehe.

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

I've had myriad lucid dreams, starting with one of my earliest memories in which I became lucid during a nightmare and experiencing an OBE.

The dream scape has every bit the weight, value and impact on my sense of self and reality as any events that have occurred in physical reality. In many respects, waking life to me is like a collective dream state, where the impact of intention takes 'time' by our perception due to the vibrational level at which it is experienced.

Dreams respond instantaneously to the slightest intention.

This first experience dissolved any fear of death before I ever knew what death was... (I was four).

It is directly related to my lifelong quest to seek out and explore altered states of consciousness.

Currently I'm working on the MCO while dreaming. I've had several successes, mostly becoming aware while already engaged in the MCO, rather than becoming lucid and then beginning the cycle.

In recent years, my lucidity experience has been more of the 'aware I'm dreaming' and just going for the ride while aware, rather than impacting the dream scape with direct intention.

I view two categories of dreams, small and large.

The small are rather mundane, set in very earth-like conditions.

The large bend my sense of self and reality beyond words/emotions or even images.

I'm endlessly fascinated by dreams...

• Like 3

Hi Taomeow,

Perhaps I'm misinterpreting only knowing you as I do from your online presence, but let me say this: whoever is writing your posts has an awful lot of Zing! I'm not sure we could handle the unbridled dream alter-ego self. Not that you should let that stop you.

Hmmm....on second thought, why not? Bring it on.

Liminal

Edited by liminal_luke

Liminal, the worst thing you can get from a map is a paper cut. And the self that writes the posts is the map...

The territory -- well, imagine in your waking life you bang your elbow against the edge of a table that had somehow obnoxiously placed itself in your way. You didn't do anything to that table yet it hurt you. Well, what are you going to do about it? Nothing. You go, "Ouch!.. God damn it!.." and then forget all about it. That's the map. But then you have a dream and the dream-self actually dances right into the celestial palace of a certain god specializing, among other things, in damning tables, and points out the injustice that particular table had perpetrated. In the morning you wake up and the table's leg is broken. That kind of a territory... :ph34r:

• Like 2

Sign in to follow this