Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Confusion: Why do I rather get what I dont want, instead of what I want?

Can we understand this as the universal law of attraction, that in my case it backfires so hard that my creation of 'what I dont want' I do get.. and LOTS of it? Since an aversion due to our natual evolution (abuse fear negativity) tends to be stronger?

When I say "I do not want X" - the Universe reads "I do want X" ?

I remember myself playing around with this as a child when my inner landscape wasnt fully confident with 'manifesting' by wanting in a direct way, I turned around the things I did want and made them into a do not want.

Simple: I wanted certain things to play with. But somehow something didnt feel right how I approached them in my wanting. So I formulated everything in a I do not want (what I actually did want) and got it in no-time.

What exactly did I do there, unconsciously? Did I manipulate my will or my intention?

What would be the effects when I now attempt this again, consciously? 'Karma'-farming (in terms of low vibes)?

Edit: Best example now is - a few years ago I wanted to be attractive, simply mundane worldly desire. Attractive towards women. I completely forgot about it and since last year I am in that position. I literally cant help myself with the tons of female contacts I have. It is too much (not to dramatic as you think) but it REALLY hinders my development with the goals I have positioned my mind towards.

Acceptance and build on it?

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

That is an interesting post, actually.

I shall meditate upon it, my friend.

Why do you..? I should.. but I.. well I greatly appreciate. I will aswell. Why am I even asking........

@Marble ... tiny individuals mind nods and giggles and searches for further purpose of this day ...

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

@Marble ... tiny individuals mind nods and giggles and searches for further purpose of this day ...

Yes, life is boring without purpose. Peaceful? Well, sure. And right back to expectations we go. Hehehe. No turning back - gotta' go forward.

Ever try really hard to remember some detail -- a date or a name or a phone number or the name of a song -- only to find that you recall it like a flash AFTER you stop trying?

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

Ever try really hard to remember some detail -- a date or a name or a phone number or the name of a song -- only to find that you recall it like a flash AFTER you stop trying?

Yes, similar to forgetting things. My whole team at my job discovered in a laugh when I was still at my office job a few years ago: We contemplated about "Why do we never recall what we forget, by forcing the thought to come back?" - whenever you tell someone this, he or she replies with "Well just do something different" which was then for us to understood as distraction. This wanting or finding is always a contraction. 'Science discovered' that this clinging to the memory acts as a black spot or an overwriting.. wasnt helpful for me at that time.

Ok seriously, I stop wanting everything. And I just continue to get... answered it myself HAHAHA

Mind: "But.. but how do I get?" oh sh!ts and giggles

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

there are also sayings like : (although not exactly related)

"what you fear shall come upon you"

"he who digs a ditch shall fall into it"

"cast your bread upon the waters for after many days you shall find it again"

Edited by 3bob

"cast your bread upon the waters for after many days you shall find it again"

Literally 'the' only sayings my mind always had trouble to grasp...

The concept of dissolving, removing something and then finding it again, or finding twice as much. Above general logic

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

I don't think its so much a 'Law' as a suggestion :).

Man tends to be more rationalizing then rational. We can wish for stuff, pray for it, work for it.. but there's a certain amount of luck/karma/crap that takes place in the universe. As the Rollings Stones put so well, You Can't Always Get What You Want.

• Like 2

I was looking for the scene from the movie Bedazzled where Dudley Moore sings "Want me, love me," and the girls go wild.

Then Peter Cook (the Devil) sings, "I don't want you, leave me alone," and the girls leave Dudley and start to go even wilder around Cook instead.

Poor old Dudley!

Edited by Captain Mar-Vell

I don't think its so much a 'Law' as a suggestion :).

Man tends to be more rationalizing then rational. We can wish for stuff, pray for it, work for it.. but there's a certain amount of luck/karma/crap that takes place in the universe. [...]

Simply more energy? Since energy contains everything. Your "luck" (wisdom) your karma (intelligence) and crap (DNA)

Everyone posting movie and song quotes tonight? Really? Haha

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1

Literally 'the' only sayings my mind always had trouble to grasp...

The concept of dissolving, removing something and then finding it again, or finding twice as much. Above general logic

But not above alchemical process (solve et coagula and 'circulation' ) ;)

It IS a process in nature though, so how can I deny it ( referring to the process by which a butterfly forms itself out of the dissolved mush of genetic soup the caterpillar dissolves into ).

In genetics; a clone will be progressively weaker ... we need a return to division and re-creation.

• Like 1

I find the 'Universe' (like a responsible parent ;) ) gives me what I NEED rather than what I WANT.

It tends to give me what I want, as it likes to remind me "be careful what you wish for" ;).

• Like 1

To want is to feel a lack.

Perhaps feeling a lack, a lack is what essentially manifests.

To feel one's life is abundant, perhaps abundance is what manifests.

It seems to me there is some process such as this at work.

If a song says something good , then maybe you have already heard and considered it , and so, just bringing it to the fore, may do more good than tossing up something new for novelties sake. No?

I thought the biblical quote was to cast thy bread in the wet faces.

:)

Edited by Stosh

... To want is to feel a lack. Perhaps feeling a lack, a lack is what essentially manifests. To feel one's life is abundant, perhaps abundance is what manifests. It seems to me there is some process such as this at work. ...
Hmmm very interesting... Im thinking more upon the lines though that the ironic solutions suggested by Lao derive from an accurate perspective which actually seems to blend well with the mystical manifestation paradigm I'm thinking is here suggested.
  • Like 1

Well I did say I would go and meditate upon it, and I did, and thas some pretty high grade meditation right there, even if I say so myself.

Great Sage Equal of Heaven!

Ha ha ha!

I will add humble thanks to the op author for giving me something so valuable upon which to meditate!

You are the teacher here, 4bsolute!

I thought the biblical quote was to cast thy bread in the wet faces.

:)

No, I don't think so. I think it was something like; if someone slaps one side of your face with a slice of wet bread then cast them upon the waters. Or ...it might have been if someone steals one of your sandals then chase them and slap them across the face with the other one ... ummm, I don't know I could be getting confused with the Urantia Book - ask Brian, he is the expert on this stuff (wet bread, fly fishing and sandals - not the Urantia Book).

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this