Cameron

surrender or suffer

Cam, you can embed Youtube videos in a post with the code:

[youtube]video-identifier[/youtube]

Video-identifier is the little snippet of code after the v= in the URL to a Youtube video. So for example in the video above, the identifier is bWOYbXS8Dgk

Also, why not post something personal about these videos you post? How did this video affect you? Etc. Just a thought.

Sean

Cam, you can embed Youtube videos in a post with the code:

[youtube]video-identifier[/youtube]

Video-identifier is the little snippet of code after the v= in the URL to a Youtube video. So for example in the video above, the identifier is bWOYbXS8Dgk

Also, why not post something personal about these videos you post? How did this video affect you? Etc. Just a thought.

Sean

Ok..cool..I don't plan on posting too much more of Adya but this one spoke to alot of what we have been talking about on other threads.

All of these teachers try to point us back to our natural state. Which in itself is hard to talk about. What is natural for you? For me? For anyone? Connecting to nature..following nature..flowing with our true nature rather than opposing our true nature..this seems to be what is getting pointed to.

There are lots of "storms" that arise in this process. Lots of not being ok with what is. That needs to be seen through also. Ime not sure how that will be accomplished. That not knowing is I think central to all of this. If I am not in control then I basically live every day not knowing.

Especially if you can come to this immediete experience of the NOW. It just erases all this grasping and holding on to identity and ego. It's way beyond concepts.

The challenge in embodiment is most people arent living in the NOW. The NOW scares the shit out of most people. So we need to plan and come with our strategies.

I am just at the beggining stages of investigating this. I have tried to not follow this path a couple times only to return. It seems to be the natural flow of my life now to investigate this deeply. But also in a balanced way. I live in the world..I have goals..I have strategies to "win".

:)

Are you lost?

LOL.. I don`t know how that got out of my fingers, maybe it was because it was a bit late and I was sleepy... :D

What I meant was more like, what have you been up to Sean? You haven`t been posting as much as you usually did for some time now.

The NOW scares the shit out of most people.

do you realise how painfull NOW is?

it's the safest yet most frightening place to be.

If you are NOW, all the shaodow aspects, all the dearly loved illusions are bared.

The question is - surrender to the pain or surrender to the illusion of comfort?

Also something else I'm discovering - to get to NOW, the only way is through relating to another. deeply.

Yes. The NOW is both wonderful and scary. Living in the now is another matter. For me, a teacher(s)are absolutely essential to open up to this new way of living. Like a new born baby in a new scary/wonderful world. There is still a constant grasping of ego to go into mind/illusion and stay away from this.

But I think mind/ego even realizes resistence is futile at this point.

LOL.. I don`t know how that got out of my fingers, maybe it was because it was a bit late and I was sleepy... :D

What I meant was more like, what have you been up to Sean? You haven`t been posting as much as you usually did for some time now.

Just going through a quiet phase. Happens from time to time. No worries, I will be back. :)

Yes. The NOW is both wonderful and scary. Living in the now is another matter. For me, a teacher(s)are absolutely essential to open up to this new way of living. Like a new born baby in a new scary/wonderful world. There is still a constant grasping of ego to go into mind/illusion and stay away from this.

But I think mind/ego even realizes resistence is futile at this point.

You're quite right - when you wake up (again), you need a kind of 'nowness parent' :D

someone who can see your soul even when you're still stuck with the ego. It's kind of hard being egoic when all the teacher's attention is on your soul. S/he can look through your 'stuff' and it can be scary/unnerving yet beautiful too.

I'm warming to Adya, it's great that you have easy access to him. For me Jerry Stocking has the same appeal, although his approach is a bit different, more personal - though this means he reaches a much smaller audience.

Wonderful.."nowness parent"..I love it!

Yes, I have a slew of nowness parents now and am grateful. If your really drawn to Adya we should all get together one year in Bay Area to do an intensive or retreat with him. I know Sean would be down if he has time. I actually haven't gotten that much positive feedback about Adya here besides a couple people so I'll keep any experience I have with him in my journal discussion.

Though my main advaita teachers here are Jeannie Zandi and Nirmala who are also great.

Also something else I'm discovering - to get to NOW, the only way is through relating to another. deeply.

Surely an old neurological relativist like yourself would like to qualify the tenth, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth words of that?

Or at the very least explain why every other possible method, in all times and for all beings, is futile. :D

There are lots of "storms" that arise in this process. Lots of not being ok with what is. That needs to be seen through also. Ime not sure how that will be accomplished.

A friend recently gave me some good advice. It went along the lines that one can initially realise that all one's thoughts are rubbish. They still come, in their millions, and can carry you along for a while, some of them, but you'll never really believe in them again.

But then the next stage is a little more visceral and emotional. And the realisation for that is much less verbal and consists of accepting that no emotional security exists whatsoever. And that so much of us is built on acting in such a way, with family friends and lovers especially, as to try and produce this security.

And there's a sort of state where you're ok with this. And it's good to abide there if you can.

Sorry. Less helpful than I intended.

Surely an old neurological relativist like yourself would like to qualify the tenth, eleventh, twelfth and thirteenth words of that?

Or at the very least explain why every other possible method, in all times and for all beings, is futile. :D

:lol: You're quite right, I couldn't possibly know that that's the only way. Maybe I was trying to emphasise in an emotional way?

I'll try and re-phrase it - I think for a modern human, living in a modren society and wanting to carry on living in such a culture, relating deeply with another will result in being able to relate deeply with yourself, without having to retreat into a cave for a decade...

But then the next stage is a little more visceral and emotional. And the realisation for that is much less verbal and consists of accepting that no emotional security exists whatsoever. And that so much of us is built on acting in such a way, with family friends and lovers especially, as to try and produce this security.

Family, friends and lovers provide us with the mirror to see ourselves fully - including the little emotional games we play that keep us in a fake sense of safety.

Relating deeply is letting all those emotional, dark, repressed and hidden parts of us be there in the moment in a kind of vulnerable way while being with another - it allows you to see those parts through another (like seeing your face in a mirror) and not hiding whilst in the presence of another person - it's quite transformational.

It happens naturally (or should I say accidentaly) all the time when we're with other people - but that's when we get embaressed and immediately cover those vulnerable parts up (oops I dropped my mask and someone else saw - they saw the real me without the mask, how could they possibly love and accept me now?!) It's hard to know what the mask is and what the real you is without another person. That's why we seek masters maybe...?

:lol: You're quite right, I couldn't possibly know that that's the only way. Maybe I was trying to emphasise in an emotional way?

I'll try and re-phrase it - I think for a modern human, living in a modren society and wanting to carry on living in such a culture, relating deeply with another will result in being able to relate deeply with yourself, without having to retreat into a cave for a decade...

Family, friends and lovers provide us with the mirror to see ourselves fully - including the little emotional games we play that keep us in a fake sense of safety.

Relating deeply is letting all those emotional, dark, repressed and hidden parts of us be there in the moment in a kind of vulnerable way while being with another - it allows you to see those parts through another (like seeing your face in a mirror) and not hiding whilst in the presence of another person - it's quite transformational.

It happens naturally (or should I say accidentaly) all the time when we're with other people - but that's when we get embaressed and immediately cover those vulnerable parts up (oops I dropped my mask and someone else saw - they saw the real me without the mask, how could they possibly love and accept me now?!) It's hard to know what the mask is and what the real you is without another person. That's why we seek masters maybe...?

Reminds me of what one of my teachers said, "I lost my face".

Awakened people have lost there face..or something..hehe.

Nice! Nature is impartial. If we intend to live in harmony with nature, we too need to develop impartiality.

listening to this man

i recall a quote

"a split mind rings like a cracked bell"

this is what i'm hearing

peace

paul