SonOfTheGods

Amrita - Anyone experience this?

Amrita is not something that everyone who meditates, will experience.

Lately, with Google being my friend, makes it appear, via web searches, that everyone has experienced an authentic Kundalini Awakening.

I highly doubt that - Pranotthana or Kundalini?

Here's a little about the Nectar of the gods

Studies show that about one-half of cerebrospinal fluid (CSF) removed from the cranial vault is cleared by extracranial lymphatic vessels. Transport of CSF through both the lymphatic drainage and arachnoid villi routes increases as intracranial pressure is elevated. Although the ambrosial liquid excreted from the sinsuses is the most potent form of amrita, during max kundalini all the CSF is highly charged and can also be classed as amitra, when it is thus superionized by the superfluid state of the activated central nervous system (CNS).

There are three main methods by which the amrita that is generated by the CNS is transported around the body:

http://biologyofkundalini.com/article.php?story=TheAmrita-HeartConnection

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amrita

After researching all of that, the Only fool proof way of knowing if you have truly experienced this, is relatively easy..

The unmistakable taste of it draining down your tongue as it rests on the palate.

Anyone experience that?

Edited by SonOfTheGods

In yogic philosophy (see yoga, Hindu philosophy) amrita is a fluid that can flow from the pituitary gland down the throat in deep states of meditation. It is considered quite a boon: some yogic texts say that one drop is enough to conquer death and achieve immortality. Amrita is sometimes said to miraculously form on, or flow from, statues of Hindu gods. The substance so formed is consumed by worshippers and is alleged to be sweet-tasting and not at all similar to honey or sugar water.

Sugar water -would be my exact description, from my own experience.

u know your close when you can perform kechari mudra at will

Mine happened spontaneously.

I do understand what that Mudra is though.

It was not a deliberate attempt by myself to access the Amrita.

I remained cynical as it happened, to be sure I wasn't fooling myself. I went left hemisphere to analyze what just transpired.

It ceased right after that.

Nope.

If it ever does happen, I really hope it's not like that time I had the flu really badly and... hey the description sounds similar to a horrid sinus ailment ;).

• Like 1

You very funny!

If it ever does happen, I really hope it's not like that time I had the flu really badly and... hey the description sounds similar to a horrid sinus ailment.

Yes! It does, doesn't it?

• Like 1

Although the ambrosial liquid excreted from the sinsuses is the most potent form of amrita, during max kundalini all the CSF is highly charged and can also be classed as amitra, when it is thus superionized by the superfluid state of the activated central nervous system (CNS).

And the rigorous scientific studies cited which supports these statements are found where on that site ???

Do not believe what you read on that biology of kundalini website. Its pure speculation-without-evidence from someone without the proper academic qualifications or research background.

And the rigorous scientific studies cited which supports these statements are found where on that site ???

Do not believe what you read on that biology of kundalini website. Its pure speculation-without-evidence from someone without the proper academic qualifications or research background.

Unfortunately, Western science scoffs at Kundalini.

• Like 1

Nope.

If it ever does happen, I really hope it's not like that time I had the flu really badly and... hey the description sounds similar to a horrid sinus ailment ;).

or an abscessed tooth :ninja:

• Like 1

In Khecarividya of Adinatha by the same guy, James Mallinson, its says there is an opposite to amitra you have to spit out.

Its a good thing I read the book before I learned kechari mudra.

In Khecarividya of Adinatha by the same guy, James Mallinson, its says there is an opposite to amitra you have to spit out.

the bitter metallic taste I suppose?