Sign in to follow this  
bax44

best qigong program?

Hi

after having done the horse stance for the past month and recieved some nice benefits, I was thinking of starting a regular qigong practice..I have no teachers in my area and have looked online for starter programs I can purchase..but its kinda confusing..Does anyone have any recommendations?

there are a lot of threads on "best qigong" you can use the site search function or google:

https://www.google.com/search?q=best+qigong+site%3Athetaobums.com&start=0&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8

the thing is where are you coming from and what kind of qigong are you looking for, what are your goals with it

10 essential qigong exercises from Jenny Lamb, Flying Phoenix Qigong and the qigongs from Warrior Body Buddha Mind, online Stillness Movement course offered in Jan/Feb by Michael Lomax, qigongs by Bruce Franzis, Christopher Matsuo, or you can do internal martial arts for similar purposes, then there are likely tens if not hundreds more

some are to develop specific energy, some martial, some spiritual, medical,.....

best one is the one that you'll enjoy doing

If you are willing to invest at least 1/2 hour of hard work every day, I would recommend to you to buy Gary J. Clyman's Tidal Wave Chi Kung DVD set.

You will get results soon concerning developing a strong vitality by making your chi more dense and increasing its frequency.

Thanks guys I will check all those out..Dorian I have no issue devoting a half hour everyday.. having a DVD would be perfect because Like I said i have no teachers anywhere near me, so something in home would be awesome.. Ive heard good things about qigong and just want a basic starting out program to help me to go along w my meditation practice

• Like 1

Bagua! :)

Well that and if you can find a local teacher, you would progress about 100x as much, IMO.

PS, keep up the hose stance no matter what, don't go swapping that out for other stuff, it will bring you further than mos other practices.

• Like 1

Hey hosers.

Bagua! :)

I've learned a little Bagua chi kung and it's good stuff.

PS, keep up the hose stance no matter what, don't go swapping that out for other stuff, it will bring you further than mos other practices.

Sounds good, but I'm not familiar with the hose stance. I thought I knew most of the postures, but I have a good imagination.

We could have TTB drawing contest to see who can best illustrate the hose stance.

• Like 3

Hey hosers.

Sounds good, but I'm not familiar with the hose stance. I thought I knew most of the postures, but I have a good imagination.

We could have TTB drawing contest to see who can best illustrate the hose stance.

rofl.gif

Hey hosers.

Ha! German kids learn the "hose stance" already in kindergarten!!!

1d0853f418.jpg

• Like 5

Hey hosers ... ...We could have TTB drawing contest to see who can best illustrate the hose stance.

Luv it :D

re best qigong - please start small, learn real basic basics regarding posture and breathe and then add very simple (meaning mentally simple, not much to think about, no complex choreographies, very little leg work if at all, etc) arm movements as an extension of your basic posture (which is going to involve some motion even when standing still).

I find the 'Shibashi' 18 Taiji-Qigong movements a perfect introductory qigong that can bring you very far if you stick with it and develop your knowledge over time (gong means time, among other things).

Here's a pretty good introductory video:

He says you can 'master the 18 movements in a week, but that's advertising, and not good advice, imo. You should concentrate on the first and second movements for as long as it takes to feel they've become second nature and they happen holistically. Don't think about the whole sequence.

And you really need an instructor to help you get any qigong done correctly, but you can still see good results with home practice (and asking people here for advice).

anyway, that's my 2c

Still thinking ...

Another exercise you could look into is the spiraling 'teacup' movements (from Bagua). That qigong really has it all. If you youtube it, you'll find some really advanced, complex stuff but it can be very simple too, so long as you understand the basic concept of contraction and expansion ...

The problem with youtube and videos in general is that the arms become the main focus of the exercises when in reality, the qigong is happening deeper inside and the arms are an extension to the internal movement. Your success with horse stance might provide you with a clue as to what I mean ...

Oh, another qigong in the teacup/spiral vain - Swimming Dragon - very very good stuff, especially for winter time as it build up body heat pretty quickly (and is really fun, too). The narrow stance is a good supplement to your horse stance:

• Like 2

Bax44,

do you have already

a Qigong in mind

you wanted to test?

No sir I had never heard of the practice until I joined here. Then started doing the horse stance under the advice of some posters in a thread id started about my development w meditation Ive been doing for 9 months.. and have seen some cool results from the horse stance which led me to wanting to try more energy type practice, and qigong seems to be the one ive been hearing the most about. I have no experience except for meditation and horse stance so thats why I started the thread. I guess a healing type qigong would be great as Im trying still to get over some physical ailments that have plagued me for years. But I am open to any suggestions.

No sir I had never heard of the practice until I joined here. Then started doing the horse stance under the advice of some posters in a thread id started about my development w meditation Ive been doing for 9 months.. and have seen some cool results from the horse stance which led me to wanting to try more energy type practice, and qigong seems to be the one ive been hearing the most about. I have no experience except for meditation and horse stance so thats why I started the thread. I guess a healing type qigong would be great as Im trying still to get over some physical ailments that have plagued me for years. But I am open to any suggestions.

Actually you may read through this forum

and see which one resonates with your expectation.

For most people have said about what exist and how

they expirience and rate it.

Usually people would recommend Qigong they practise

as they practise it because they think it is one of the best

or by the information is said about practise.

Choose one which fits your ethics and agenda, in methods,

one you respect, one that may give you the results you seek,

and you have fun with.

Since you exercise Horsestance and do Mediation,

seek one that make use of the things you already exercise.

Yes, that's it. I practice that one myself sometimes. Only with hands further away, good for the root chakra and the whatchamacallit, sperm palace and vagina palace?

• Like 2

I want to see the after pic! :-)

Also, the one little boy seems to have confused 'hose' with 'nose' haha

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this