Sign in to follow this  
4bsolute

Cultivation from Sneezing?

Yes: Sneezing.

There are lots of cultivation methods which use the orgasm, in whatever form possible and redirect it. Did you ever notice that sneezing feels sort of like an orgasm?

I have only heard about that it is a phenomena that only a few people can look into a very bright spot, sun, and then feel the urge to sneeze. I have this since birth, actually my entire family and only read about it on the internet, that this is not normal. I remember well whenever I was younger and I sneezed that my grandmother always asked me, if I caught a cold. I had to explain her every time without exception that it simply is from looking into the sun. She never recalled my words and always asked me over and over again.

Have you ever experimented with sneezing?

Holding it back for example feels super negative for me. I mimiced school mates back in the days, when they were too shy to sneeze out loud and did it by holding back their breath. I did it once and it felt like my lungs would explode.

The second exeperiment I did was early this year for the first time in my life and the results were quite noticable. I just did it a few minutes ago and it still feels actually really great. It goes as the following:

If you feel the tingling sensation do not go on autopilot and breath in quickly so that you sneeze ordinary, rather breathe in slowly and follow the tingle and 'ready to sneeze'-sensation up your chest, neck, spine and by doing so it disappears, for me, somewhere in the region at the end of my spine.. it does not seem to go fully into my head. The feeling that persists is actually a slight energizer.

If you sneeze normally, you feel that you have somewhat depleted yourself. Still it feels okay. Sneezing with 'this' method leaves a sense of that you have increased 'something'. I can not put it better into words.

Has anyone experienced similar?

Are there any methods out there who further refine this?

I appreciate any feedback.

A lot of people do breathing exercises for spiritual practice. The reason why these exercises "work" is probably due to the changes they produce on intra-thoracic pressure. When you sneeze you drastically increase this pressure to very high and potentially hazardous levels, as this case illustrates:

Acute aortic dissection provoked by sneeze: a case report

http://emj.bmj.com/content/22/10/756.full

So it should not be a surprise that sneezing leads to effects that you might perceive as spiritual.

It is my understanding that Hmong believe(d) the spirit briefly exits the body during a sneeze and finds its way back in by following the hair on one's head.

Sign in to follow this