SonOfTheGods

Satanic Temple *UP-DATED*

Er nm, this thread is derailed and pushing it enough as it is :).

As long as they erect a statue of Dong Hai Chuan here in my city all is good.

It has been derailed and it shows sort attention span, failure to engage in critical thinking by some and personal religious agendas.

• Like 1

What about couples with an agreed upon open marriage?

OK looked them up, screw the whole no graven images, or no Gods before me bits... I mean for me personally.

Yea, it gets sticky to apply old laws with relevance today... since definitions have shifted with awareness, very different conditions of life and understanding... there's no mention of slavery in the commandments either... for contextual reasons I'm guessing, hard to say how slavery was viewed at that time. Necessary evil, or productive way to protect those who could not fend for themselves... my old teacher and I went round and round on this stuff...

Ralis is right though, I derailed. I'll let these old tapes play while I do my morning practice... thanks for the good food for thought though guys. As always, this place rocks.

Peace!

• Like 1

Ralis is right though, I derailed. I'll let these old tapes play while I do my morning practice... thanks for the good food for thought though guys. As always, this place rocks.

Peace!

Being aware of those old tapes is 99% of the work.

• Like 1

As long as they erect a statue of Dong Hai Chuan here in my city all is good.

*note to self* never put the words 'erect' and 'dong' in the same sentence

• Like 2

There is only one God. God Almighty is not responsible for bad actions of people.

You may be right about that ... I should have said the followers use their God to commit and justify wrong doing more than any demon ... thank you for the correction.

*note to self* never put the words 'erect' and 'dong' in the same sentence

and never put erect, dong and DONG! in one statue.

When I was working at the Gold Coast in QLD. they made a new giant shopping mall, out the from was a giant statute of a 'man working' - Jubal Cain it was actually, now aside from the issues of Freemasons taking over public space with their statuary ;) the interesting thing was he appeared to be down on one knee and hammering a cold chisel he grasped with one hand while the other held the hammer above his head ready to strike ... all very clear as one approaches from the main front road (its a MF big statue ! ).

Prob is if one approaches from the back road and gets a 45 deg view from the back right hand side it looks as if he is squatting down and grasping a huge erection with a big knob that he is about to hit with a sledge hammer ...something about subduing passion ?

• Like 1

You may be right about that ... I should have said the followers use their God to commit and justify wrong doing more than any demon ... thank you for the correction.

I refuse that I may be right about that. I AM RIGHT ABOUT THAT.

the Dark Ages called - they want their 'god almighty' back

the New Age is calling. They want their "Satan" in an open and explicit way with a Satanic temple.

Edited by Isimsiz Biri

I refuse that I may be right about that. I AM RIGHT ABOUT THAT.

Even when I agree with you , you disagree :D

Isimsiz Biri, what statue would you like to see put up in a public place ?

Edited by Nungali

That is the statue they want to put up? In Oklahoma? Beyond philosophical, moral and legal arguments; its not going to happen. It just isn't. Even if it won all the arguments hands down, it just isn't going to happen, not with that statue.

A 'regular' devil would have a better chance then that one. The inclusion of little kids staring admiringly at the pseudo Egyptian demonic figure with his hand lovingly touching the boy. No freakin way. Our liberals aren't that liberal. I doubt that even ACLU would touch it, other then to make a stand to remove all religious icons.

I could be wrong, but I doubt it. There's a chance the Satanists will win and get to put up some figurine, but not that one, its over the top and pushes too many buttons and I bet, that is the point of it,

Edited by thelerner
  • Like 3

Though in all honesty, its kind of a cool an interesting statue. Lots of symbolism, some most over the top. If it was in a museum it could be famous and quite a work of art and what ever. Particularly if it was 7 feet.

• Like 1

Even when I agree with you , you disagree :D

Isimsiz Biri, what statue would you like to see put up in a public place ?

A Holy Quran made of gold.

A Holy Quran made of gold.

Fine ... you send me one and I will put it up in my front garden .

On the 'Gentle Baphoknum - protector of children' statue; maybe the plan is to offer a statue so rad that they will say; "Right! That's it! No religious statues at all." ?

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 1

These right wing fanatics just don't know when to shut up!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/10/satanic-group-mocks-oklahoma-lawmaker-for-pushing-new-ten-commandments-bill/

An Oklahoma legislator is sponsoring a bill that would allow the state to erect Ten Commandment monuments on all public grounds.

According to the Associated Press, in the wake of the Satanic Temple’s plan to erect a goat-headed Baphomet figure sitting cross-legged on a stone slab on public land, Republican state Representative John Bennett authored a bill that would declare “historically significant documents [to be] treasures that should be displayed proudly and resolutely in public buildings and on public grounds.”

The bill specifies that “[t]he Ten Commandments, Magna Carta, Mayflower Compact, Declaration of Independence, United States Constitution, Bill of Rights, Constitution of the Great State of Oklahoma, and other such historically significant documents are recognized throughout the world,” and are therefore worthy of display.

Satanic Temple spokesman Lucien Greaves told Raw Story that this “unlettered little bill” is an attempt to “codify certain opinions into law.” After acknowledging that Adolf Hitler’s Mein Kampf is a “historically significant document” that meets Representative Bennett’s criteria for displaying on a monument, Greaves said that this is yet another attempt to establish the Ten Commandments as something “uniquely American” that played a “pivotal role in the establishment of the Constitution and constitutional law.”

The problem is that, here as elsewhere, Bennett fails to cite any material that would support that presumption. “It’s like it needs no citation — it’s just assumed that the Ten Commandments were somehow primary to the development of American law,” Greaves said.

He is also worried about the undue burden the passage of this law would put on the state’s Attorney General, as the bill declares that “n the event that the legality or constitutionality of any such display is challenged in a court of law, the Oklahoma Attorney General is authorized to prepare and present a legal defense of the display.”

Greaves believes that such challenges would happen regularly, and have the potential to “strangulate” the Attorney General’s office.

• Like 1

Fine ... you send me one and I will put it up in my front garden .

On the 'Gentle Baphoknum - protector of children' statue; maybe the plan is to offer a statue so rad that they will say; "Right! That's it! No religious statues at all." ?

Usual bullshit of Nungali

If that Satanic statue is finally erected in Oklahoma, the christains will just destroy it, per their own comments.

When they do not agree with something, they burn, destroy, blow up, boycott, etc

Now go and smite Amalek, and utterly destroy all that they have, and spare them not; but slay both man and woman, infant and suckling—1 Samuel 15:3

• Like 2

Dogma is a harsh mistress. She promotes intolerance, separation, judgment and aggression.

Anyone who claims membership to organized dogma raises my suspicion.

All it takes is a short conversation to reveal the intolerance and aggression inherent in this paradigm which is basically: there is a war between good and evil. You are either with us or against us.

Which I've never really understood. In the end... if you're comfortable with your beliefs, why in any possible way, could my disagreement in a conversation threaten it? Unless of course you're still trying to convince yourself by convincing others, which was what I experienced in the christian church. The talk is good, but the actions never lie.

There are thankfully some exceptions to this walking around. But compassion and tolerance do not grow easily in dogmatic soil in my experience.

Keep your old translated tomes, I'm taking my son to the beach.

• Like 6

I agree with you silent thunder. It's interesting - With modern Christianity it greatly depends on the church a lot of times. I have some friends in a charismatic/evangelical church, and their beliefs often leave me speechless because they are so different than mine (Russian Orthodox). As far as I'm concerned, if my beliefs really make me happier and present the most worthwhile way to live, you'll see that when you talk to me and will naturally be drawn towards them. I don't think I should have to strong-arm you into my church, because in theory you would already go willingly if there's something attractive there.

Edited by Dolokhov
  • Like 1

But compassion and tolerance do not grow easily in dogmatic soil in my experience.

Not many realize this, but neither do they grow easily in nondogmatic soil.

• Like 1