SonOfTheGods

Satanic Temple *UP-DATED*

It's unfortunate that these satanists haven't attacked Islam. I'm against violence but it'd be interesting to see how they'd react.

How are they attacking anyone?

So erecting a monument is ok for Christians but not for those of other faiths?

• Like 1

How are they attacking anyone?

So erecting a monument is ok for Christians but not for those of other faiths?

They want to erect it next to the Ten Commandments. That is an attack on Christians, Jews and even Muslims but not directly so. The monument is a villain to these religions so YES, it is an attack.

Btw, don't pull that whole 'other faiths' crap either. Idiot, you know what's goin on.

Your faith can put a ten commandments monument on public property but other faiths don't have the same right? Hypocrisy!

For your information, the U.S. is not a Christian nation and was not founded on such principles.

Edited by ralis

Further info. with photo of statue.

“This is a faith-based nation and a faith-based state,” Rep. Earl Sears (R-Bartlesville) said. “I think it is very offensive they would contemplate or even have this kind of conversation.”

The above quote clearly shows the problem with religion. Authoritarianism, oppression, war, among other atrocities.

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2014/01/06/satanic-temple-unveils-7-foot-goat-headed-baphomet-statue-for-oklahoma-capitol/

Satanic-monument.jpg

And apparently if you think other wise you are an

... Idiot ...

Edited by Nungali

Your faith can put a ten commandments monument on public property but other faiths don't have the same right? Hypocrisy!

For your information, the U.S. is not a Christian nation and was not founded on such principles.

You clearly didnt read my post. Intentionally erecting a villain monument is an attack and an insult. Over half the population of Oklahoma is Christian soooooooo, that is an intentional slap to them. Try erecting a satanic statue in a Muslim country.

You clearly didnt read my post. Intentionally erecting a villain monument is an attack and an insult. Over half the population of Oklahoma is Christian soooooooo, that is an intentional slap to them.

To you it may be a "villain monument" but to others it is not. Given that any government property belongs to all persons of that state and in this case Oklahoma, to infringe on others rights while being inclusive of one particular sect is against the Constitution. Separation of church and state. Go back and read it! Furthermore, Oklahoma is not a faith based or religious state! Not everyone in that state is of your faith.

Try erecting a satanic statue in a Muslim country.

We are discussing Oklahoma and not a Muslim state. That is off topic.

They want to erect it next to the Ten Commandments. That is an attack on Christians, Jews and even Muslims but not directly so. The monument is a villain to these religions so YES, it is an attack.

But then the Ten Commandments monument is an attack on Satanists.

This monument is a villain to this religion, so YES it is an attack.

• Like 3

For politicians and religious persons in Oklahoma and elsewhere to claim that Oklahoma is a so called faith based religious state, is dangerous to the extreme.

Edited by ralis

Why not put up the spaghetti monster, xenu, Lao tzu, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhummad too? The Ten Commandments can be useful guidelines no matter which way you want to cut it. Worship of a demon is useful to about the entire population of nowhere.

Ah but you don't want to leave out atheists. You know how they love stirring it up. Take down all monuments. This isn't my country anyhow. I'm not american. I'm a Christian born in this country. You want to pull God out and assist in the declination of America go for it. :) Peace and blessings.

Why not put up the spaghetti monster, xenu, Lao tzu, Buddha, Jesus, and Muhummad too? The Ten Commandments can be useful guidelines no matter which way you want to cut it. Worship of a demon is useful to about the entire population of nowhere.

Says you and your beliefs.

Surely people have freedom of beliefs no matter what they are including Satanism, as long as they're not breaking the law?

Ah but you don't want to leave out atheists. You know how they love stirring it up. Take down all monuments. This isn't my country anyhow. I'm not american. I'm a Christian born in this country. You want to pull God out and assist in the declination of America go for it. :) Peace and blessings.

Have you read the history of the founding of this country? This is not a Christian nation! You are beginning to sound like the typical hell fire and brimstone preacher.

• Like 2

Simple fact, Christians, there are more of them, and they have a larger budget, thus better lawyers. That is all law is about for the most part. I don't see it getting approved / lasting.

• Like 3

Simple fact, Christians, there are more of them, and they have a larger budget, thus better lawyers. That is all law is about for the most part. I don't see it getting approved / lasting.

Here in the U.S. there are Constitutional matters to be considered. That takes precedent over religious belief systems, which in this case, persons advocating that a Ten Commandments monument represents the religious belief system of an entire state be given exclusive rights over other groups of different beliefs.

The First Amendment to the United States Constitution prohibits the making of any law respecting an establishment of religion, impeding the free exercise of religion, abridging the freedom of speech, infringing on the freedom of the press, interfering with the right to peaceably assemble or ...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1st_amendment

Edited by ralis

Worship of a demon is useful to about the entire population of nowhere.

You might be right there - many people see the Christian God as having a worse history and ideal and demands and causing his followers to go and commit atrocities much more than any 'demon'.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

Here in the U.S. there are Constitutional matters to be considered. That takes precedent over religious belief systems in regards to the expression of such.

I have unfortunately seen that amendment ignored far too often :(.

It's getting better over time though.

PS I did live in the US for 8 years (it was horrible lol).

Actually there are a few awesome Pagan Deity statues around the US now that I think about it, they are pretty awesome looking :).

One religion's Devil, is another religion's Deity.

• Like 1

Good ol' USofA Here you go buddy. A cause I'm sure you can back as well http://www.nambla.org/

You obviously don't understand the Constitution of this country or the system by which it was founded. The above link is way off topic and is considered trolling. Why not participate by adding something intelligent.

Because he is having some type of psychological problem, which has become apparent in some of his other posts today ... I just suggested he reads some stuff about part of his issue then came here and saw that link ... I wish I hadnt opened it.

This guy is in trouble and I just I just told him 5 mins ago it will spread into other parts of his life.

He needs some moderation advice as well.

The ONLY reason these satanists are wanting to erect a demon statue with kids on each side is because they want to stir it up. This isn't a "my religious freedom" issue and you know it. My post wasn't a troll because it all boils down to your first amendment. So because of the first amendment you're ok with this ? http://www.nambla.org/ cat got your tongue bud?

The OP is about a specific Constitutional issue i.e, the expression of specific belief systems on government property. The 1st. amendment is very clear on this issue.

I am not interested in side issues being used as diversionary tactics by right wing religious conservatives such as yourself.

The OP is about a specific Constitutional issue i.e, the expression of specific belief systems on government property. The 1st. amendment is very clear on this issue.

I am not interested in side issues being used as diversionary tactics by right wing religious conservatives such as yourself.

You used W A Y too many fancy words to describe me. I'm not on a wing. I don't vote. I don't care much for politics. I know I know, I'm anti Obama but that doesn't mean I wake up with a stiffy and turn on the news. As i said, Im not american. Religious? I love Jesus. A lot. I love people too. Satanists, everyone. What I find offensive is when someone does something deliberately. Like this statue situation. It is offensive because they want to get a rise. Why do that? Why not push for the removal of the commandments? That'd be too non offensive right? Exactly. Understand this, I HATE the sin, not the sinner. So don't wrap me up into this right wing whatever, or do, it doesn't matter.