SonOfTheGods

Satanic Temple *UP-DATED*

Wow that's enormous! Oh wait...I didn't see the benches, and only thought I saw windmills.

Turtle shell ! Isnt it bad enough that people jot nailed to crosses, let alone windmills (well, I guess they did ... I'm sure someone thought of that :( )

On second thoughts, it's not a bad way to go out for a heretic ... so they will probably do it to me (after the kick-arse video is released) with some added features.

Better set up the video equipment again, this time for Nungali nailed to a cross (equal-armed cross thanks), then fireworks start coming out the ends of the cross and start the whole thing spinning.

Edited by Nungali

It would be rather expensive ... how about this ... for a fraction of the price you could hire me and a goat ( I have two front hair curly bits on top of my head like that Pan fella ) ... you know like one those 'human statues'

( I want to explain with a pic but I found this instead ... is this the answer ???

http://kinooze.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Human-Statue3.jpg

PS. You may need to drug the goat so it keeps still ... actually, you can drug me too while you are it ^_^

No, no, no, no budget version for said front yard! Either styrofoam or paper mache' with waterproof coating, like the movie props. OK so you have to carve a bit, but sooo worth it!

Turtle shell ! Isnt it bad enough that people jot nailed to crosses, let alone windmills (well, I guess they did ... I'm sure someone thought of that :( )

That would be an awesome ceiling fan for my temple :D

Not for long

{every time I go to leave to go to town lightening and thunder comes .... hmmm

- getting hungrier ! }

Has anyone see the giant crosses? I have seen several while driving across Texas and Oklahoma. Such structures can be seen from 20 miles away. I imagine very few complain in those states.

Groom-Texas.jpg

Does this look good in anyone's eyes? It looks so out of place.

I would look kinda cool tie dyed :). They weren't very creative with it as is.... Hopefully they don't get strong winds in that area either.

I would look kinda cool tie dyed :). They weren't very creative with it as is.... Hopefully they don't get strong winds in that area either.

With all those windmills in the picture I would imagine they get a fair share of strong winds there. :)

I find it amusing that the sentence lauding Hanuman for being a perfect grammarian was grammatically flawed...

• Like 4

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/unmasking-lucien-greaves-aka-doug-mesner-leader-of-the-satanic-temple

They are raising funds for this via indiegogo ;)http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/put-a-satanic-monument-at-ok-capitol/x/3532086

And Huffington posts's article on this: http://goo.gl/YZrYYl

If they were smart, they'd try to get the backing from various churches/religions which were against the particular form of Christianity that the original statue was from ;).

What a buffoon! The AFA has been a joke since it was founded, back when it was called the "National Federation for Decency." The idea that one should define the word "religion" to mean "my religion" and then use that definition to reject free expression is both obscene and dangerous.

There's a pony in his pile of manure, though. This whole issue would largely be a non-issue if we hadn't started to "interpret" that which needed no interpretation. The "religion" clause in the first amendment reads:

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof"

There is no ambiguity here crying out for assistance by anyone, regardless of their bent.

Here is a new interpretation of the first amendment. He is reacting to the Satanist monument. A complete laughable joke!

http://www.rawstory.com/rs/2013/12/11/right-wing-radio-host-bryan-fischer-says-first-amendment-only-protects-christians/

that guy posts here: :P

http://thetaobums.com/forum/223-hermetic-and-occult-discussion/

Edited by SonOfTheGods

Monday, January 6, 2014 14:33 EST

Satanic-monument.jpg

The Satanic Temple, a religious group based in New York City, on Monday unveiled their design for a monument they hope to erect at the Oklahoma Statehouse.

The 7-foot-tall monument would include a goat-headed Baphomet figure sitting cross-legged on a stone slab, flanked by two smiling children. The monument would also include quotes from poets Lord Byron and William Blake.

“The monument has been designed to reflect the views of Satanists in Oklahoma City and beyond. The statue will serve as a beacon calling for compassion and empathy among all living creatures. The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation,” spokesman Lucien Greaves explained.

The group offered to donate a monument last month, after State Rep. Mike Ritze (R-Broken Arrow) and conservative Christians were allowed to erect a Ten Commandments monument on the statehouse grounds.

Lawmakers in Oklahoma, however, have insisted that the Satanists should not be given the same treatment as Christians.

“This is a faith-based nation and a faith-based state,” Rep. Earl Sears (R-Bartlesville) said. “I think it is very offensive they would contemplate or even have this kind of conversation.”

After other groups — including PETA and the Church of the Flying Spaghetti Monster — asked for their own displays, the Oklahoma City Capitol Preservation Commission placed a moratorium on new monuments at the statehouse.

But the Satanic Temple insists erecting a monument of their own is within their constitutional rights.

“Our monument celebrates an unwavering respect for the Constitutional values of religious freedom and free expression,” Greaves explained. “Satanism is a fundamental component at the genesis of American liberty. Medieval witch-hunts taught us to adopt presumption of innocence, secular law, and a more substantive burden of proof.

“Today, we are rightly offended by the notion of blasphemy laws and divine fiats. Acknowledging wrongful persecutions has helped shape the legal system that preserves the sovereignty of our skeptics, heretics, and the misunderstood. It has shaped a proud culture of tolerance and free inquiry. This is to be a historical marker commemorating the scapegoats, the marginalized, the demonized minority, and the unjustly outcast.”

The group hopes to raise $20,000 by January 17 to build the monument.

“We trust that this unique monument will also prove a favorite tourist attraction to Oklahoma’s Capitol for years to come,” Greaves remarked.

• Like 1

It's unfortunate that these satanists haven't attacked Islam. I'm against violence but it'd be interesting to see how they'd react.