cihan

Kuji, chakras and sounds

Recently, I started to recognise my chakra sounds apart from the hissing, chirping and machine gun like high pitches in my head, and surprisingly, they really correspond to the info around, there are 7 distinct sounds in the different times of the day, most of the times, one note is active, and rarely two of them are distinguishable at the same time. I am assuming these sounds are coming from my most active chakras

I am a self learner with no visible living teachers around, so I move with reconciling my experiences with the info I get from other people's writings.

I am practicing kuji in meditation for a year,one interesting thing I discovered is the first mudra Rin really maintains a heated current from the tip of the spine to the head, but the dominant chakra seems to be the ajna which I was not expecting at all and in the literature it is said to be related with the base chakra. During the practice I only hear the sound note corresponding to ajna instead of the base chakra, although physically, the source of the current feels like starting at the tip of my spine and gives the effects of generic base chakra, so apparently it is doing much more than simply activating the base.

Any comments based on personal experiences on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Recently, I started to recognise my chakra sounds apart from the hissing, chirping and machine gun like high pitches in my head, and surprisingly, they really correspond to the info around, there are 7 distinct sounds in the different times of the day, most of the times, one note is active, and rarely two of them are distinguishable at the same time. I am assuming these sounds are coming from my most active chakras

I am a self learner with no visible living teachers around, so I move with reconciling my experiences with the info I get from other people's writings.

I am practicing kuji in meditation for a year,one interesting thing I discovered is the first mudra Rin really maintains a heated current from the tip of the spine to the head, but the dominant chakra seems to be the ajna which I was not expecting at all and in the literature it is said to be related with the base chakra. During the practice I only hear the sound note corresponding to ajna instead of the base chakra, although physically, the source of the current feels like starting at the tip of my spine and gives the effects of generic base chakra, so apparently it is doing much more than simply activating the base.

Any comments based on personal experiences on this ?

Thanks in advance.

Have very much the same experience with Rin myself. I use it to kick start my meditation practice -- in particular, it allows me to build up the energy and send it up my sushumna to my Crown. I find holding Rin while silently chanting AUM does the trick for this: beginning with the A at the base of my spine whilst ending with the M in my head.

Once I've done that I move straight into the Zen mudra, so as to use the roused energy to develop my Crown Chakra. Have you tried the different variations of the Zen mudra? I found one variation is far more overt in its effect than the others. I sometimes just love to sit quietly while holding the zen mudra during spontaneous meditation during the day.

I get other effects using the other mudras, but don't really bother with them much now. That reflects that the Indian school I belong to tells us to spend our time sending our energy to the Crown chakra.

I am not surprised that you've found the Ajna chakra the strongest; this is possibly because it is where the sushumna and the ida and pingala nadis meet.

Edited by altiora

Hi, this is a relevant publication

[Mod edit: can't share copyright material]

:)

Ok, here is the book for big bucks, in case anyone is wondering what the book is:

http://www.amazon.com/Qi-Gong-Kuji-In-Practical-Experience-Kuji/dp/0978110501

Actually, I have his other book from a few years ago, which is how I learned to do reverse breathing that heated up the lower tan tien. (Actually worked).

Qi-Gong and Kuji-In

A Practical Guide to

An Oriental Esoteric Experience

by François Lépine

F.Lepine Publishing

http://www.kujiin.com

© François Lépine, 2006

Revised and Augmented by Linda Wheeler

ISBN: 0-9781105-0-1

Edited by Tibetan_Ice

Thanks for your responses.

Once I've done that I move straight into the Zen mudra, so as to use the roused energy to develop my Crown Chakra. Have you tried the different variations of the Zen mudra? I found one variation is far more overt in its effect than the others. I sometimes just love to sit quietly while holding the zen mudra during spontaneous meditation during the day.

Altiora, zen mudra works wonders, I also discovered spontaneously that: holding it on throat level gives extra strength immediately, and holding it above the head makes (very strangely) the root & second chakra active and put me in a very good mood .

>Hi, this is a relevant publication

[Mod edit: can't share copyright material]

Thanks TI, I have read that already. (un)fortunately, there is not much written material around :), and Lepine's work I found really OK for a legitimate start.

forget all the "chakra" stuff.

cultivate your dan tiens and breathe.

Thanks for the advice, but growing up among high dogma and heavy beliefs, I have to do some sightseeing and discovery on my way. I am already cultivating for 25 years and do not like new age stuff much just like you might not also :)

• Like 1

I might be wrong in my assumption but if you have the Kuji method from Lao Xie I'd check directly with him.

For those who want to pronounce the words as they were originally, wikipedia shares that as: lín bīng dǒu zhě jiē zhèn liè qián háng.

Here is a website that can help with pronounciation of the pinyin. At least personally, it helps me to write it out as: "leen beeng doh juh jeh jenn leh cheeaan haang".