chegg

For Psychotherapists - Creating elementals to help humanity

yes interesting it started off okay but got a little .... for me.

Mainly I saw a 'post modernist; approach here and not a 'most modern' approach to the subject, he seems to be not really focusing on the objective elements and both of his classification types seem subjective (projected out from the conscious or unconscious. They do have a life of their own though and can exist apart from human projection. This is the daimonic view I keep going on about, the' third possibility ' and the realm of man's lost 'soul' ... as opposed to spirit.

He does address an important point that, like soul, elementals will, 'clamour' for acceptance , incorporation and acknowledgement , if denied or repressed they will become 'adamant' and eventually troublesome. That's why so many cultures appease them; leave out offerings, food for the piskies, and make or reserve special places for them and leave their established spaces alone.

I like his ideas about how they can control you if not used in the right way. This is an essential understanding in magick and many a magician has been led astray on this point or started out on the wrong foot (purpose) in the first place. This can happen if one isn't in a good magical system or has a teacher with limited knowledge and not correct instruction himself:

• Like 1

Non magically I find elemental theory is very useful in making decisions. Dividing the factors into 'elemental' fire, water, air, earth and seeing how to respond.

Magic wise, I've found Bardon't work fascinating. I've enjoyed reading Mistele and Rawn Clark. Rawn Clark has a very nice hermetic element system (free at abardoncompanion.com) called the Archaeous system. I lke it a lot, particularly listening to the practice while standing.

Bardon hermetics talks of fire salamanders, water nymphs, earth gnomes.. Creatures the skilled and polite magician can converse with. I don't know how real such things are. They're so outside of my perceptions. They could be made up, and group imagined by those who 'work' at it. They could be all around us sharing or world, yet a dimension off, we lack the perception to see them. I don't know.

When the 3rd eye is opened and developed does that give carte blanche to see such things?

magickians do not create "elementals"

magickians create "artificial elementals"

and the magickian is also responsible for their actions- good or bad

An artificial elemental- example: FIRE/Salamander - can bring more problems than their worth

One cost me big bucks- er' forgetaboutit