Sign in to follow this  
liminal_luke

Family

Reminds me of things like this http://noosphere.princeton.edu/ and experiments with random number generators where people try to mentally influence data that has already been collected, just not observed yet.

I've heard of a similar practice too. It makes sense if you believe that information from our ancestors is hidden in our genetic codes and it is possible for the energetic body to access this library.

Taking good care of our parents and grandparents and respecting our elders generally would take on a whole new importance. As they say "Filial piety is the root of all virtue."

Reminds me of things like this http://noosphere.princeton.edu/ and experiments with random number generators where people try to mentally influence data that has already been collected, just not observed yet.

I've heard of a similar practice too. It makes sense if you believe that information from our ancestors is hidden in our genetic codes and it is possible for the energetic body to access this library.

Taking good care of our parents and grandparents and respecting our elders generally would take on a whole new importance. As they say "Filial piety is the root of all virtue."

I recently ran across a pointer to this show over on the Healing Dao Forum. The show is about recent scientific work which seems to indicate that experiences and environmental factors that influenced our ancestors do result in changes that are passed down genetically.

The Ghost in Your Genes - Part 1

The Ghost in Your Genes - Part 2

The Ghost in Your Genes - Part 3

The Ghost in Your Genes - Part 4

For having your energetic body access the information you are on your own.

Be well,

Charlie

Wow! That was amazing and brings up so much.

It seems as if this is a field where there is opportunity for research into qigong and meditation. For instance can one observe an epigenetic change in descendants of holocaust survivor's stress hormones if those descendants are on a cultivation path?

And if a cultivator can flip the genetic switch is this also passed down to their offspring?

I admit it would be hard to do a multi-year study like this for such "fringe" research.

Also you could do experiments in the field of external qi effects. I've heard that if you have a master it's a good thing to have some sort of contact with them at least every four months or so, possibly because there are limits to the changes they can effect before your DNA is re-copied.

Could a master effect changes in an experiment like the one with mice where the inherited genetic disease switches are turned off at a selected generation?

On the whole this film gives me an urge to get out of the city and return to the land. An organic mixed farm someplace where I can live a more natural and simple life for my own benefit and for future generations.

Sign in to follow this