Sign in to follow this  
BaguaKicksAss

Amazon drones

I think it's a pipedream for at least years to come, both from a technical/logistical perspective and from a regulatory perspective. Currently, there is NO provision within FAA regulations for ANY commercial use of unmanned flight, period. It is, in fact, specifically banned and actively prosecuted. Then there are liability concerns and airspace/traffic concerns and routing/flight-plan concerns, etc. What I DO expect to spring out of the discussion, though, is a huge increase of drone use by governmental agencies...

Personally, I think it was a marketing ploy carefully launched on the eve of "Cyber-Monday" to plant that vendor in everyone's mind.

• Like 4

Personally, I think it was a marketing ploy carefully launched on the eve of "Cyber-Monday" to plant that vendor in everyone's mind.

Exactly !!! :o

Apparently the "airspace" regulations in Australia are a little more relaxed, so you might be able to do something like this there... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

But if you knew the drone was carrying something decent & if you thought you could get away with it... wouldn't a non-law abiding person try to disable the drone & steal its cargo ?

(Tut, tut)

What, you mean use courier drones as target practice? ;)

Yup, much more exciting than Clay Pigeon Shooting & you've got the chance to win a prize !! (LOL)

• Like 3

Exactamundo. How do you get 10's of millions of people to talk about Amazon during Black Friday and Cyber Monday? Say you'll deliver by Drone, teleportation or super intelligent apes on motorcycles. It all works. :o

• Like 1

this was most certainly nothing but a cynical marketing campaign, timed for Cyber Monday. And it seems to have worked!

Why do I say cynical? Because they just assumed that it work for them. They count on people's gullibility to do their marketing for them, saves a hell of a lot of resources (=$$$). This stunt was in every major newspaper in the English language, and German, too, for free :P

Yeah well Barnes and Noble is delivering by teleportation in 10 minutes instead of 30.

Apparently amazon didn't start early enough, since I didn't hear about it until today lol.

• Like 1

Exactly !!! :o

Apparently the "airspace" regulations in Australia are a little more relaxed, so you might be able to do something like this there... :ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:

But if you knew the drone was carrying something decent & if you thought you could get away with it... wouldn't a non-law abiding person try to disable the drone & steal its cargo ?

(Tut, tut)

If you do the secret locater chip in the cargo will send out an alert and multiple amazon policer drones will arrive ... make sure you have a tennis racket handy.

• Like 3

Yup, much more exciting than Clay Pigeon Shooting & you've got the chance to win a prize !! (LOL)

What makes you think they wont be armed and be able to shoot back?

• Like 2

What I am really worried about is the Readers Digest drones delivering giant fake cheques, thick gold covered cardboard winner certificates and offers of free coaching ( you will need it when you win all this money - peoples lives change radically when this happens you know ... we are only hear to help).

Not only will I not be able I get out the door but what happens when the Readers Digest drone and the Amazon drone turn up at the same time competing for business ... taking the point that they will both be armed ...

Of course if one can have a delivery in 10 minutes that means they will need one drone for each delivery ... that's a lot of drones !

Cost; book = $ 39.95 + delivery charge $289.99.

• Like 2

Oh wow, spam drones! lol

It's all fun & games until the drones start malfunctioning and dropping cans of Spam from the sky. Won't seem so humorous then...

• Like 2

Oh wow, spam drones! lol

Can you hear that droning noise outside the window now ?

Drrrroooooone .... clunk!

This could also be threat to international security ; what if 'terrorists' get control of all the drones and get them to hover over one point on the Earth and blow the planet out of orbit into the Sun ?

Edited by Nungali

If a certain group of "Terrorists" are hiding in a cave, up a Mountain......(bearing in mind the CIA probably already know where they are)

The CIA could swap all of our Amazon Christmas Present orders for Rocks, then re-direct them all to be piled high, shutting off the mouth of the Cave !!!

Just one of my many useful ideas !!! ;) (LOL)

The CIA could swap all of our Amazon Christmas Present orders for Rocks, then re-direct them all to be piled high, shutting off the mouth of the Cave !!!

Or... SPAMGRENADES!!!

• Like 1

Sign in to follow this