Sign in to follow this  
Helixer

Hi

A while back I downloaded Mantak Chia's Taoist studies torrent with books and videos. After some psychedelic experiences and getting familiar with Graham Hancock's work some of the stuff Chia wrote about that I dismissed before I've begun to explore further.

And while the microcosmic orbit made me a believer, his emphasis on pc muscle strength for multiple orgasms which actually(for me at least) leads to premature ejaculation makes me wonder about some of the other stuff Chia wrote about. I've come to Taobums to find out from people more knowledgeable than I am if my rigorous training routine and meditation based on his writings is perhaps doing more harm than good.

At first I thougt with the pc muscle I was maybe doing it wrong coz Chia isn't the only one claiming to bypass ejaculation using it, but on this site I came across Dr Lin and his anal breathing(tailbone) and it made sense coz I was inadvertently using these muscles after a Super O using the Aneros and when I worked out on the Fleshlight after that I was having no trouble at all with premature ejaculation, coz the Aneros trained me while in Super O mode to use the right muscles.

At the moment I'm doing things like Male Deer exercise, sperm breathing, testicle massage and cosmic sounds and I've been doing the microcosmic orbit on and off for about 3/4 years, but just this last year disciplined and daily

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums.

I am sure that you will fine the answers you seek here but before you get started with posting please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of to get started.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

I would stay away from Mantak Chia. Some of his stuff can be "forced" and downright harmful to your body.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

@Chang: Thanks!

@OldChi: Could you be more specific? Do you mean the techniques are proper Taoist techniques but novices shouldn't attempt it yet, or do you mean he's teaching wrong techniques and possibly has a sinister agenda?

@Chang: Thanks!

@OldChi: Could you be more specific? Do you mean the techniques are proper Taoist techniques but novices shouldn't attempt it yet, or do you mean he's teaching wrong techniques and possibly has a sinister agenda?

Some of the techniques are good.....others are downright harmful and many have been hurt utilizing them. It's can be hit or miss with his stuff....there are better and safer systems for internal work than his....which is why I usually recommend people to avoid his stuff.

My 2 cents, Peace

I see what you mean with hit and miss. The MCO worked great from the start, but cultivating chi or prana isn't exclusively Chia nor is it exclusively Tao. Perhaps my mistake has been to accept(to the point of gullibility or even trust)his other stuff coz the MCO worked.

For example I tried the cosmic sounds and noticed(like the pc muscle)that it brought on the opposite effect of what I was trying for. So if I was doing the lung sound for courage and righteousness I was getting sadness and depression, the kidney sound for calmness,alertness and wisdom. I was being everything apart from calm, alert(scatterbrained)and wise and again was getting the opposite> anxiety.

I'm not quite sure now if I was asking the Universe to present me opportunities where I could display these virtues, and in so doing showing me how inflexible my behaviour is and punishing me with the negative side of the organs energy by not being courageous, calm etc. Or if I'm actually programming my subconscious with the opposite by visualising these sounds, colours and affirmation- like virtues???

Or possibly it's because I'm asking the Universe to endow me with this type of behaviour while the rule is give to receive?

Anyway I think you're right, from now on I'll avoid Chia like the plague and hope the effort(many, many hours) I've put into it already hasn't been detrimental to my health and mental faculties

http://thetaobums.com/topic/25528-testicle-breathing-mco/?hl=%2Btesticle+%2Bbreathing

And perhaps it's not just Chia that uses MCO as basis for belief?

Other Taoists use scaremongering in the way that the religuous try to scare (non)believers into doing/believing certain things. And Tao like religion holds up certain benefits, things like rejuvenation, immortality, and super abilities to entice people to practice Tao. I'm starting to think it's all one big scam.

And perhaps worse than just a scam

Edited by Helixer
  • Like 1

Don't get me wrong…..Internal Alchemy IME is one of the most beneficial and rewarding things you can do with your life. Jjust remember to keep your BS meter on vibrate. Talk to people and hear their experiences of whatever system you may be working with (Not just Mantak Chia)….do your research like you would do with anything else…...before investing any amount of money, time and energy into something.

What i have heard the most problems with Chi is regarding his sexual techniques. I am not sure how he conveys the MCO or the healing sounds but they are genuine techniques and you can see similar techniques in esoteric systems.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 1

The MCO was the one thing that does work. With the cosmic sounds I was doing the sound, the colour, the organ and the smiling but instead of experiencing the virtues I was getting the negative emotions associated with the organs. It was almost as if I was conjuring up the circumstances to experience e.g. righteousness or courage but I was too inflexible to change my responses. Perhaps it's not even anything magical but it just seems that way in retrospect. Like I was issuing challenges to the Universe to experience these virtues. The only thing I'm sure of at the moment was that the practice, like with the sexual exercises, had the opposite effect, yielded only the negative emotions(depression, anxiety, anger, heartache, worry).

Can you overdo something like cosmic sounds, can you smile too much to the organs?It just doesn't make sense that by putting too much 'smiling energy' into the organs would make you experience the negative emotions of the organs. I know the practice has definitely done something, and it's also true that stopping the practice has stopped the continuous negative thoughts/emotions. I've also stopped the testicle breathing/-massage/spine breathing. When my emotions are stable again I'll start the cosmic sounds again and see if it has to do with the intensity of the smiles, if so there's almost a magical realm that's opened up, especially if the sounds actually 'program' the Universe to present opportunities to act in a certain virtuous manner. But still I don't really feel like getting challenged, I don't exactly want to be virtuous, I just want to get rid of the negative emotions. And I know, that displaying a virtue might eliminate a negative emotion, it's just I'm too inflexible so if that's the requirement and if you don't you get punished with the negative emotion, then this cosmic sound is nothing for me. But the way Mantak Chia explained it, you would make the lung sound with the smiling etc if you were depressed. He didn't say you had to show courage or righteousness before the negative emotion went away or getting punished with the extreme negative emotion if you didn't change.

Anyway I don't like the idea of issuing a challenge to experience equanimity and being rewarded with hearing I've only got a few more months to live.

And a lot of the virtues you had to visualise feeling when doing the sound I don't even know what that feels like. It's like the John Lennon song: How can I give love when I don't know what it is I'm giving.

Whereas the negative emotions, now that's something I can imagine....

I wonder if the sounds work without the virtues?or if maybe these sounds are a kind of 'carrierwave'

Man, it's good to be stoned again:)

Its possible that your experiencing detox with the healing sounds. Often when we practice these things they bring negative states to the surface. Bu then i again i never practiced any kind of healing sounds. You should make a post on the forum about it, i am sure there are others on the forum whom have experience using the healing sounds technique….they perhaps can give you feedback.

My 2 cents, Peace

Sign in to follow this