林愛偉

Forging Unintelligence

Actually, survival of the fittest and social Darwinism is VERY NATURAL and is what allows species to adapt to ever-changing environental conditions. The problem is more that we've tried to resist that and so our species keeps growing larger and weaker with no quality control. End result is the overall health of our species continues to deteriorate and suffering increases with each generation.

Actually, survival of the fittest and social Darwinism is VERY NATURAL and is what allows species to adapt to ever-changing environental conditions. The problem is more that we've tried to resist that and so our species keeps growing larger and weaker with no quality control. End result is the overall health of our species continues to deteriorate and suffering increases with each generation.

Hi :)

it is conditioning. Our thoughts that are beliveed to be real begin to be shaped by that believing, and thus we have the situations in our lives and call some of them natural, because we couldn't find anyother explanation.

Competition is based on the idea of needing, greed, ego. Even if it is seen as healthy, it still leaves the thought in the mind that there is an self, others, living beings and a life as a foundation of daily living. It is more of a learned condition then human nature. And human's original nature is the same as all other sentient original natures.

If you are talking about the mind before modern development, then it is just on raw emotions, and though they come without someone saying I want that feeling now, it is still based on thought and belief in the thoughts which cause one to feel those emotions. It is still conditioning.

The manner is to look at ever cause of our outcomes till we can let each and everyone go, and see the original nature. Get past dual thinking, and see that which is non dual. Then we will realize that there is no ego, separation, living beings and life. THat there is no competition, and no Need at all. But that doesn't mean one will just sit there like a lump on a log.. hahaha

Peace and Happiness,

Aiwei

All things expereinced are conditions. Mind experiencing a mind full of conditions fluttering here and there.

THe capacity to see is based on the conditions of the mind. If the mind is skeptical towards seeing spirits, then one will not see them. If the mind isn't skeptical, but has no cultivation of the ability to see, then the mind will not see as well. Either way, one may attain a level of enlightenment, but still must cultivate because they may have not ended their afflictions/karma (good or bad).

What is looking isn't the causes, but we use the causes to turn the light inwards to transform the causes. It goes further, but not so confusing. Basically, turning the attention inwards instead of in things of our desires.

If you think and believe there is someone seeing the illusion, there is still illusion. The condition of seer and object being seen is only a method to turn inwards. Once the concentration is steady, one must drop the idea of a seer and an object seen, and drop the function of seeing as a function. Using afflictions to lessen afflictions. The concentration is what causes the mind to detach. The end result doesn't do t, it must be done on the road to attaining the end result.

Non recognition is still a dual process. That means there is something that is doing the non recognition. Dual thinking is not the original nature, so it must be dropped at some point in one's cultivation. Dual thinking results in separation, and afflicted mind, a mind full of attachments to desires, emotions, thoughts, etc.

Even the experience of non truth of separation is still saying there is a truth of non separation. There is dual thinking again.. haha

A direct experience of truth is the illusion. Truth doesn't need to be experiened at all. THere is no real truth because there is no real non truth. Any idea that there is one experiencing any state at all is the illusion of separation.

And lastly.. lol There is nothing Buddhist and non Buddhist about anything I say. For one thing, to say I have said anything is to miss the whole point in the first place.

Peace and Happiness,

Aiwei

call some of them natural, because we couldn't find anyother explanation.

Competition is based on the idea of needing, greed, ego. Even if it is seen as healthy, it still leaves the thought in the mind that there is an self, others, living beings and a life as a foundation of daily living.

Uh, it is natural...and healthy. As I said, it is Nature's way to allow adaptation and ensure quality control.

As is the ego. Your ego is what keeps you alive. The problem is not so much that we have localized egos...but when we limit ourselves to our localized egos...

As far as natural competition - YOU are the product of repeated competitions. Men competed with each other to drain their nuts in your mom. And then millions of sperm competed against each other to fertilize your mom's egg. The end result of this, repeated over untold generations - is YOU.

Now, imagine the alternative where competition was eliminated. Every man got to phuck your mom. Every sperm got to fertilize her egg. Each woman would thus give birth to MILLIONS of babies - and a high number of them weak and defective!

So, you cannot deny the inherent need for and natural existence of COMPETITION here!

Edited by vortex

You are right. It wasn't nice of me to ask a question that cannot be answered and then to request that you respond in a fashion different from how you normally would. I'm not sorry though.

In regard to what was said in response-- first off, there is no end result. Any mention of seeing or not seeing is a reference to the path onto which you say concentration leads us. There is no conclusion in true seeing, or true not seeing. True anything has nothing to do with what the mind first thinks upon hearing of it, even if those thoughts are very spiritual and subtle.

Allright, I'll stop there with regard to the end result, because it doesn't get any better trying to explain it, and either you see it or you don't.

With regard to the dual perception perceivable in my statements, I could speak for a long time about the dual nature inherent in everything that you, I, or anyone has said. It is the nature of of words, thought, emotions... They destroy themselves.

Pointers to this dual quality and motivation are like lassoes around the feet of people who are running everywhere because they have forgotten that there is such a thing as stopping. The lasso is pretty useless after a person realizes that there is such a thing as stopping, takes the lasso off and starts walking around, and even running if they want. It is also more comfortable just lying or sitting here if we don't have that thing around our feet.

To keep the lasso around one's feet amounts to a fear of life, and of folly.

Are you participating in this wholeheartedly, or are you assuming a role? Roles and wholeheartedness are not contradictory, but is there assuming?

I already know that everything I say is imcomplete and wrong from various perspectives; thankyou for inspiring it, as it is a part of my unfolding.

Uh, it is natural...and healthy. As I said, it is Nature's way to allow adaptation and ensure quality control.

As is the ego. Your ego is what keeps you alive. The problem is not so much that we have localized egos...but when we limit ourselves to our localized egos...

As far as natural competition - YOU are the product of repeated competitions. Men competed with each other to drain their nuts in your mom. And then millions of sperm competed against each other to fertilize your mom's egg. The end result of this, repeated over untold generations - is YOU.

Now, imagine the alternative where competition was eliminated. Every man got to phuck your mom. Every sperm got to fertilize her egg. Each woman would thus give birth to MILLIONS of babies - and a high number of them weak and defective!

So, you cannot deny the inherent need for and natural existence of COMPETITION here!

It is perceived as competition, but if you look at the process more closely, it is nothing more than karma.

What will be will be no matter what, according to one's karma. A man who spent years and years looking to build a wealthy life doesn't get it, but one who meets a person who decides to help them in business becomes a millionaire over a few years.

It isn't chance, and it isn't competition that really matters. It is one's karma. Being wealthy is an outcome of good things done in the past. Being poor is an outcome of bad things done in the past. No matter how one tries to succeed in business, if they don't have that karma to succeed, they won't. They can change their destiny, but it is alot of work, and some people do not believe it is necessary.

One can be poor for 10 yrs and within the ten years do no harm to others. Then one day, because they didn't cause others to be afflicted with anger, ignorance and greed, they find an opportunity for work, and now they can make money, live as most others do.

It is all due to one's causes and the conditions manifested from it. Nothing to do with an outcome of who is stronger. Because one may be more wiser and physically fit, and strategize about how to win and win, but they will not win really. It just looks like they won, but in the long run, their greed becomes their quick downfall.

Peace,

Aiwei

Edited by 林愛偉

You are right. It wasn't nice of me to ask a question that cannot be answered and then to request that you respond in a fashion different from how you normally would. I'm not sorry though.

In regard to what was said in response-- first off, there is no end result. Any mention of seeing or not seeing is a reference to the path onto which you say concentration leads us. There is no conclusion in true seeing, or true not seeing. True anything has nothing to do with what the mind first thinks upon hearing of it, even if those thoughts are very spiritual and subtle.

Allright, I'll stop there with regard to the end result, because it doesn't get any better trying to explain it, and either you see it or you don't.

With regard to the dual perception perceivable in my statements, I could speak for a long time about the dual nature inherent in everything that you, I, or anyone has said. It is the nature of of words, thought, emotions... They destroy themselves.

Pointers to this dual quality and motivation are like lassoes around the feet of people who are running everywhere because they have forgotten that there is such a thing as stopping. The lasso is pretty useless after a person realizes that there is such a thing as stopping, takes the lasso off and starts walking around, and even running if they want. It is also more comfortable just lying or sitting here if we don't have that thing around our feet.

To keep the lasso around one's feet amounts to a fear of life, and of folly.

Are you participating in this wholeheartedly, or are you assuming a role? Roles and wholeheartedness are not contradictory, but is there assuming?

I already know that everything I say is imcomplete and wrong from various perspectives; thankyou for inspiring it, as it is a part of my unfolding.

Even though words, thoughts, emotions, and all things seem to have a dual nature, it is only that way because of our perception of separation. Once we create a difference in the mind, we have opposites.

Words can be used to describe profound things, but once the understanding is attained, the words must not be held to as the end all be all explanation. One's own wisdom becomes awakened so to say, and their own understanding begins to bloom. This is good, and is the way it is due to the myriad conditions of living beings.

For examle, you may read a sutra and commentary , and after many of the explanations given to you, you finally awaken. Then you, because of your exercising of understanding and stripping of excess, awaken to its principle, and begin to illumine your mind. You then create a manner inwhich you understand it very clearly, and tell someone else about it. The words change, but the principle is the same. Then that person , depending on their capcity to understand and let go, awaken faster because you recognize certain conditions in their mind and can touch on it directly to allow them to see their non dual nature. They inturn do the same thing you did, but with their own bright wisdom to describe things to someone else.

Roles and wholehearted, though are different in characteristics, play a similar "role" in eachothers use.

You can use a manner of character to its fullest capacity, and that would be being a wholehearted expression. Or you can be that manner for a few moments, and then disregard it. The thing is to neither disregard or regard, use or not use.

Assumption is an outcome of confusion. Do not assume and do not be confused. If one hasn't watered their seeds of inherent wisdom, and they haven't bloomed, then they are confused. Living with the ups and downs of emotions, desires, and thoughts in endless karma is a confused being. Therefore they will assume things are a particular way because of not being sure of the causes and conditions.

Peace,

Aiwei

I'd like to add two things:

One: "Survival of the fittest" originally meant survival of the most suitable, the best fit, in that sense, not survival of the biggest, strongest or most aggressive. We have come to completely misunderstand it.

Two: I believe relatively recent research has suggested that the egg plays an active role in selecting the sperm which will fertilise it, rather than just waiting passively for the fastest swimmer.

Cheers,

I

One: "Survival of the fittest" originally meant survival of the most suitable, the best fit, in that sense, not survival of the biggest, strongest or most aggressive. We have come to completely misunderstand it.

"It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent; it is the one that is most adaptable to change." - Charles Darwin

Two: I believe relatively recent research has suggested that the egg plays an active role in selecting the sperm which will fertilise it, rather than just waiting passively for the fastest swimmer.
Lol, are you serious?

How so and on what basis?

Which one has the longest tail or the cheapest cologne on? :lol:

I dont know on what criteria, but the mechanism is simple: the egg creates some kind of tubular structures in the liquid surrounding it, like a pathway. It is directed to the one sperm cell that the egg perceives to be more... well, energetic, I'd say.