Starjumper

Interesting picture - your feelings.

I'm curious to know how or what do you feel about this picture. Like for example, if you saw it on Facebook would you click 'like' or 'share', and if you have an emotional reaction to it, how did it make you feel? Thanks.

1479383_10202704200230646_1661401247_n.j

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 11

My initial reaction was to think of Arrakis.

Edited by Brian

Thanks Brian, I can see that in the picture. I edited the first post to clarify the question. Good, Vortex likes it, I'm glad this forum has a 'like' button.

Edited by Starjumper

I like it very much. It raises questions and invokes feelings of foreboding and desolation and power.

Edited by Brian

1. Ultimately, one must walk the path alone, no matter how dark and insurmountable the journey.

2. Rebirth. From the source of non-dual light, through the Mother, into this world of form, with the massive walls on each side symbolising the weightiness of dualistic existence.

• Like 2

My immediate emotional response was ; 'I want to do that.' I would like to walk along that sand and stand there.

The secondary response was that I felt like it is a landscape similar to ones I call 'internal landscapes' , they are gateways and entry points into the 'other world' (whatever one wants to term that) that are accessed internally - wether one sees it as the unconscious or the shamanic world or maybe even the dreamtime , I prefer the term and theories of 'Daimonic world'. But in this picture and in my 'internal landscapes' it feels more internal and less of an outward reality (but 'work' in there seems to be able to effect outward reality - the objective material plane.

Some practices use this interior realm and landscape to find/create 'temples' sanctuaries, power sources, etc. Some connect to nature, deep cythonic levels of psyche or astral or perhaps 'astro' or cosmic concepts.

This one seems like a constructed temple or sanctuary ... 'out there' .

To look at it another way it could be an actual place, inside a temple, pyramid or ? looking out through a gap that aligns on a certain day, with the Sun seen through a dusty desert atmosphere?

Is the person walking out and looking at the sun or is it someone walking in.

Are we (the viewer) looking out and seeing someone enter or are we in looking out and that is ourselves looking out at the sun.

Obviously I quiet like it ... :) but I don't do face book , so ...

Yes I like it - makes me feel powerful although I don't know why, reminds me of a computer game Journey

The chosen one?

Like an ant, like a grain of sand on this massive earth?

Indiana Jones the ark of the covenant?

Peace FT

I'm curious to know how or what do you feel about this picture. Like for example, if you saw it on Facebook would you click 'like' or 'share', and if you have an emotional reaction to it, how did it make you feel? Thanks.

1479383_10202704200230646_1661401247_n.j

Yes, I would "like" that :)

Beauty, freedom, liberation and escape come to mind.

But in particular, a one-to-one connection with God/Universe/Tao....perhaps...enlightenment.

Someone's dropped the 'Mens' toilets sign in the gutter and is looking for it with a torch?

... sorry ... really I like the pic.

• Like 2

OK, thank you all for sharing. I'll explain why I did it.

I frequently share and 'like' pictures I see on facebook and you know how it goes, some people like some pictures a some pictures get no likes. Well after I posted that picture I got two likes, but who liked it was significant for they are both people that are very advanced as far as energy and spiritual cultivation go. One is essentially a Taoist wizard/jedi/martial arts grandmaster and the designated leader of ... never mind. The other is a high level Reiki master/chaneller/psychic healer who I can tell has advanced far along the path of cultivating spiritual growth.

So, why only them and no one else? That was what I was wondering, and along with that, if cultivators here would like it, and who they might be. I like it myself quite a lot but didn't bother to ask myself why that is. It may have some mythical base, but I would say (now that I started thinking again =) that it FEELS like a person has traveled the path and are about to pass into the realm of light, so to speak.

Edited by Starjumper
  • Like 2

On another note, it might be nice to have a thread here, like the haiku or quotes threads, that is for people to post pictures that seem powerful or uplifting.

• Like 1

My first thought was that he is going out to find an interior decorator.

My second thought was: Is this the movie 'descent' ?

My third thought was: He is going to catch a nasty cold walking through all that water.

On another note, it might be nice to have a thread here, like the haiku or quotes threads, that is for people to post pictures that seem powerful or uplifting.

there already is a picture post thread, it's great!

re the Jewish memorial - unfortunately, it seems to have tarnished my view of the pic you posted. It's quite a heavy experience walking through it. It's in the middle of the city, with lot's of hustle and bustle, noise everywhere. But as you begin walking into the center of the memorial, you go deeper and deeper, it goes downhill toward the middle, while at the same time, those concrete slabs, which could obviously be seen as grave stones, or prison walls, get bigger, higher, more imposing. And the sound of the city becomes muffled, distanced. The weight sinks in and you (well, I) feel it very poignantly. And it gets darker ... and the paths through it aren't straight lines, you can feel lost, trapped. If you go in with a friend or a group and you go different paths, you lose track of each other very quickly and begin looking forward to exiting on the other side.

The thing is brilliant, one of the best art works I've ever experienced.

How about feelings instead of thoughts?

I am not sure I separate them as much as we think they are separated... it's just semantics when it comes out in words; but systemic when inside.

The problem is... I knew what you were looking for from the start... so I was prejudiced by it already... so I just let any thought arise... that's what arose... I saw the mundane. That was my feeling/thought. Maybe this is not want you want someone to share, so I can bow out.

there already is a picture post thread, it's great!

re the Jewish memorial - unfortunately, it seems to have tarnished my view of the pic you posted. It's quite a heavy experience walking through it. It's in the middle of the city, with lot's of hustle and bustle, noise everywhere. But as you begin walking into the center of the memorial, you go deeper and deeper, it goes downhill toward the middle, while at the same time, those concrete slabs, which could obviously be seen as grave stones, or prison walls, get bigger, higher, more imposing. And the sound of the city becomes muffled, distanced. The weight sinks in and you (well, I) feel it very poignantly. And it gets darker ... and the paths through it aren't straight lines, you can feel lost, trapped. If you go in with a friend or a group and you go different paths, you lose track of each other very quickly and begin looking forward to exiting on the other side.

The thing is brilliant, one of the best art works I've ever experienced.

I understand, the Jewish memorial sounds like a powerful piece of art.

Where can I find that thread with pictures? Is it in General discussion, or off topic?

• Like 1

Where can I find that thread with pictures? Is it in General discussion, or off topic?

here it is:

cool picture thread

ps - just scrolled through it a bit and realize there's lot's of goofy stuff in it, too. but some pages have the kind if images you're talking about ...

But go ahead and start a new thread, see if it catches on

Edited by soaring crane

I'll give some context to my comments...

When in my christian heyday, I used to like to listen to Frankie Schaeffer who once chided the inside about how they like to take a picture of nature and then felt compelled to put words under it: Like show a vast mountain and then write "God takes you to new heights"...

And, if memory strikes me, he effectively said: Why impose a thought on another person... let them see the mountain and let it just be a mountain sometimes. There is not a need to spiritualize the mundate all the time. If one can't see the mundane then how can truly see the spiritual. Anyways, not saying your really doing that but just sharing some contexts.

Sorry to side track... that is just my take.

Not side tracking, I think this thread has run it's course anyway, and the picture thread I just started asked for art without writing.

Also, I was just looking for likes and feelings here, I didn't say the reasons why till the 'end'.

here it is:

cool picture thread

ps - just scrolled through it a bit and realize there's lot's of goofy stuff in it, too. but some pages have the kind if images you're talking about ...

But go ahead and start a new thread, see if it catches on

I asked to have that thread deleted and it was done already. thanks for the link.

Edited by Starjumper