Sign in to follow this  
mat black

the Talmud of Jmmanuel

On the top 5 thread, Yoda mentioned that Jesus doesn't get much coverage here.

I get put out off by so many institutionalised religious connotations surrounding Jesus, 'cause it's pretty apparent that the bible has been tampered with for centuries to serve the interests of the christian politicians

The Talmud of Jmmanuel is purported to be an unaltered account of the man known as Jesus and is the basis from which the subsequent gospels were written.

In terms of whether it was a first-hand account of Jesus' teachings or not is still being debated.

When i read it, the power of the words hit my heart. That's the only authetication i need.

This link

http://www.fourwinds10.com/journals/talmud/talmud.pdf

has a full version in pdf with some background to it's discovery and a great peice at the end by John Grau. (which incidently reminded me of Yen Hui's post about the cat and the minds' power to create the universe)

this link http://www.gaiaguys.net/Jmmanuel.htm has a 6 chapters from the Talmud with a nice introductory chapter.

Interestingly, the chapter titled 'creation' reminded me of LAO TZU, and the great taiji symbolising creation embodying yin-yang as a complimentary whole

Quote from chapter 34:

44. "Only human thinking can be incorrect, not the laws of Creation.

45. "For this reason, it is said that everything emanates from a unity, and a duality seems apparent only because humans, in their limited thinking, cannot grasp the truth.

46. "Since everything is a unity and everything emanates from it, no duality or trinity whatsoever can exist because it would violate the laws of Creation.

47. "Therefore people should make the two or three into one and think and act according to the laws of Creation

and, further ........

57. "A unity always consists of two parts, which are one in themselves and are a duality only in appearance.

58. "Since a person is a unity of two parts, the spirit is a unity of two parts, but both are one in themselves and one together.

59. "The body cannot live without the spirit and conversely, because spirit and body are a unity despite their seeming duality.

60. "The spirit, however, lives according to the same law, because in itself it also consists of two parts and is one in each part; thus it is one in itself.

61. "The two parts of the spirit are wisdom and power.

62. "Without wisdom of the spirit, its power cannot be utilized, nor can any wisdom emerge without spiritual power.

63. "Hence, two things are always required that are one within themselves, so there is a oneness within the unity but not a duality.

64. "Thus the law says that a human being is a unity in itself, which consists of two equal parts that form a unity, both within themselves and also together.

On the top 5 thread, Yoda mentioned that Jesus doesn't get much coverage here.

I get put out off by so many institutionalised religious connotations surrounding Jesus, 'cause it's pretty apparent that the bible has been tampered with for centuries to serve the interests of the christian politicians

The Talmud of Jmmanuel is purported to be an unaltered account of the man known as Jesus and is the basis from which the subsequent gospels were written.

In terms of whether it was a first-hand account of Jesus' teachings or not is still being debated.

When i read it, the power of the words hit my heart. That's the only authetication i need.

This link

http://www.fourwinds10.com/journals/talmud/talmud.pdf

has a full version in pdf with some background to it's discovery and a great peice at the end by John Grau. (which incidently reminded me of Yen Hui's post about the cat and the minds' power to create the universe)

this link http://www.gaiaguys.net/Jmmanuel.htm has a 6 chapters from the Talmud with a nice introductory chapter.

Interestingly, the chapter titled 'creation' reminded me of LAO TZU, and the great taiji symbolising creation embodying yin-yang as a complimentary whole

Quote from chapter 34:

44. "Only human thinking can be incorrect, not the laws of Creation.

45. "For this reason, it is said that everything emanates from a unity, and a duality seems apparent only because humans, in their limited thinking, cannot grasp the truth.

46. "Since everything is a unity and everything emanates from it, no duality or trinity whatsoever can exist because it would violate the laws of Creation.

47. "Therefore people should make the two or three into one and think and act according to the laws of Creation

and, further ........

57. "A unity always consists of two parts, which are one in themselves and are a duality only in appearance.

58. "Since a person is a unity of two parts, the spirit is a unity of two parts, but both are one in themselves and one together.

59. "The body cannot live without the spirit and conversely, because spirit and body are a unity despite their seeming duality.

60. "The spirit, however, lives according to the same law, because in itself it also consists of two parts and is one in each part; thus it is one in itself.

61. "The two parts of the spirit are wisdom and power.

62. "Without wisdom of the spirit, its power cannot be utilized, nor can any wisdom emerge without spiritual power.

63. "Hence, two things are always required that are one within themselves, so there is a oneness within the unity but not a duality.

64. "Thus the law says that a human being is a unity in itself, which consists of two equal parts that form a unity, both within themselves and also together.

Have you checked out http://reluctant-messenger.com/essene/gospel_intro.htm ?

What jumped out at me the most while reading through the Talmud of Jmmanuel were the spiritual aspects described and their relations to much of Eastern philosophy. After reading this post, I looked into how widely available this translation is. It seems that in just about every copy of the translation available, the main focus is on the extraterrestrial beings that are mentioned in the text. People care much more about that than the significance of this as the true, unabridged teachings of Jesus. I think the majority of people who may be interested in it would not necessarily be as inclined to read a book with a flying saucer on the cover that talks about the translator's relationship with aliens, as a more legitimate spiritual text. I believe people have focused on the wrong message here.

As a stand-alone text with no misleading and interpretive introductions, the Talmud of Jmmanuel is brilliant. I have always been a tentative member of the Christian faith, but certain aspects of the Bible and the Church seem a bit off to me. If this is a legitimate document it would fill in those gaps for me, and probably for many people who feel the same way I do. Having a copy of Jesus' teachings that has been in no way tampered with by the Church or politicians throughout history, like the Bible has, would be amazing. It is that tampering and manipulating that has disillusioned so many people in the past, and this could undo that if people accepted it.

Edited by Flynn

Flynn, you articulated exactlly what i originally intended to say, but way better than i did.

The similarity to eastern wisdom is what i loved about the book as well.

I mean no disrespect to anyone, but by compasrison, the conventional bible doesn't even come close to the Talmud in terms of spiritual profundity.

i think whole alien/flying saucer theme is a bit unecessary as well, it just seems, among other things to give the impression of a lop-sided emphasis (especially when such images appear on the cover)

I have long been interested in something which could be considered the closest thing possible to Jesus' original teachings - Much in the same way that Sri Ramana Maharshi's words are recorded verbatim (translations notwithstanding)

Maybe Jesus' unaltered words are in the Talmud, maybe in the esscene new testament, maybe the gospel of Thomas. Then there's the explanation given in the 'Thiaouba Prophecy' and also the 'Urantia book'

i just like reading accounts of masters (Buddha, Lao Tzu, Jesus, Sri Ramana Maharshi) because something about their words touches me deeply

Ulimately, only i can find out who i am. :)

It seems that in just about every copy of the translation available, the main focus is on the extraterrestrial beings that are mentioned in the text.
What's wrong with that? I mean, the whole mythology behind its discovery was attributed to "alien direction" to Buddhist UFO "contactee," Billy Meier in 1963. So, it's no surprise that ETs would be a central focus in the text here.

f066.jpg

However, I'd like to see some more actual authentication of this document first and foremost. How come the "original scrolls" don't even exist today? Did they ever? What happened to them?

What jumped out at me the most while reading through the Talmud of Jmmanuel were the spiritual aspects described and their relations to much of Eastern philosophy. After reading this post, I looked into how widely available this translation is. It seems that in just about every copy of the translation available, the main focus is on the extraterrestrial beings that are mentioned in the text. People care much more about that than the significance of this as the true, unabridged teachings of Jesus. I think the majority of people who may be interested in it would not necessarily be as inclined to read a book with a flying saucer on the cover that talks about the translator's relationship with aliens, as a more legitimate spiritual text. I believe people have focused on the wrong message here.

As a stand-alone text with no misleading and interpretive introductions, the Talmud of Jmmanuel is brilliant. I have always been a tentative member of the Christian faith, but certain aspects of the Bible and the Church seem a bit off to me. If this is a legitimate document it would fill in those gaps for me, and probably for many people who feel the same way I do. Having a copy of Jesus' teachings that has been in no way tampered with by the Church or politicians throughout history, like the Bible has, would be amazing. It is that tampering and manipulating that has disillusioned so many people in the past, and this could undo that if people accepted it.

Is there a translation on Amazon?

Was there an description of an "air chariot" or the like?

The beings that Zeev Kolman was kidnapped by had a humanoid resemblance with no hair, no nose, a big head, and a translucent body. I've seen a lot of little figurines of taoist immortals with big heads. The nasal cavity and hair is supposed to be left behind once attainment is high enough. The translucent body is supposed to be an attainment too.

Was there an description of an "air chariot" or the like?

These things are supersensible, spiritual or spirit-like phenomena, which can only be talked about by representing them as material things. But they're forces, powers and energies that the material description is simply pointing to but can't fully describe. This is where we have to develop our supersensible organs of perception to bring our own light to the understanding of the material, and that's why esoteric literature is designed to be frustrating to the intellect :).

"Air chariot" could be a reference to the air ether, which is the vehicle for the astral body.

-Karen

What's wrong with that? I mean, the whole mythology behind its discovery was attributed to "alien direction" to Buddhist UFO "contactee," Billy Meier in 1963. So, it's no surprise that ETs would be a central focus in the text here.

Vortex, I did not mean to say that there was not necessarily any validity to that aspect, I was merely referring to the fact that it might deter people who may be otherwise interested in this text. As a culture we tend to be more attracted to things with which we are familiar, and aliens are not very widely accepted as a legitimate topic of discussion. I find this tendency to be very closed-minded, and my personal feelings on the issue are that anything is possible. There is just as much speculative evidence to back up the contact with extraterrestrials in ancient civilization as there is to back up many major religions and beliefs. All of these ideas deserve equal attention, but society usually lacks the ability to accept something as abstract as this. In case I have just been rambling and not answering your question, there is nothing wrong with it. It may, however, push people away who do not like to deal with the idea of extraterrestrials and religion in the same sitting. Perhaps it is better that way.

Is there a translation on Amazon?

Yes, there are several.

Sign in to follow this