Sign in to follow this  
Aeran

hey hey

Apparently we have to do an intro, so here I am :P Uhm, I'm 24, live in Australia, my background is mostly in hermetics and western esotericism, but over the last year or so I've developed a real interest in Taoism after picking up and reading a copy of the Tao Te Ching.

Obviously I'm still very new to it, I tried learning qi gong out of it a book to supplement my hermetic practices, but had to put it down for the time being due to an energy blockage in my legs which was causing trouble - seem to be making progress in clearing that up though, so hopefully I'll be able to resume practice sometime soon. I'm doing my best to learn more about it, and about Taoism in general, which can be hard relying on books, but from what I have picked up it seems an awesome philosophy, especially with the huge number of parralels which exist with hermeticism, the two worldviews really supplement eachother.

Anyway, that's me, hi.

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums. You will find much here on Hermetics and Western Esotericism as well as on Taoism so good hunting.

Before you begin to post please read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need to know as things are pretty easy going here.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Sign in to follow this