Sign in to follow this  
Sirius Li

zen tao anarchist

hi

i came across this site on a zen tao search. i have engaged meditation and chi movements for many decades. i do not follow anything, anyone or any doctrine in my spiritual walk. i also, for reasons of integrity, do not believe in leadership or master/subordinate hierarchies. if it's reasonable, it's reasonable - if not, it's bullshit designed to feather the nest of someone's vanity or ego. i refer to myself as zen taoist, partly because i don't fit a specific category, but more so because those are the two affiliate practices i have the most substantial relationship with through my life thus far. also, i embrace a married practice, born of two established practices, in the vein of what i regard as dialectic spiritualism.

i have a lot of interests - mathematics, environmental sustainability, theology, philosophy, quantum physics (mainly in the rich cast of characters and some of the illuminating aspects of its historical development), gardening, geology, ornithology; and a lot of activities i engage in, including rock climbing, mountaineering, x-country skiing, running, longboard skateboarding, freeline skating, land paddling, hiking, fixed-gear cycling, snowshoeing, and general nature exploration.

i'm bipolar which is regarded as a form of illness. i'm not sure i would characterize it that way, but i'm okay with whatever. i am interested in dialogue with others, sharing thoughts on our various personal paths of inquiry. i have absolutely no interest in established tradition, doctrine or classical underpinnings of personal practices, but enjoy frank discussions with civil peers. i don't get into online critiquing, bullying or pushiness. i am gentle and compassionate, and receive the same from others or i leave the room. hope to become a regular visitor.

Sirius Li

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums. You certainly have a wide and varied range of interests and are sure to find much here on your chosen subjects.

Before starting to post please be sure to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all you need be aware of to get started.

Best wishes,

Chang

Sign in to follow this