BaguaKicksAss

Untying the Knot: Your Heart is actually a Spiral

I :wub: Bagua! Bagua is all about spirals and spirals within spirals. It is also about the twisting and turn of the body as well as the energy. Needless to say I found this quite interesting ;).

(thanks to Wong Yuen-Ming for finding this)

"And I began to think about spirals. And I began to understand that spirals are almost the master plan of nature in terms of structure and in terms of rhythm.… if you pick the middle of the spiral up you form a helix. And of course the heart is a helix.”

http://medimagery.wordpress.com/2013/10/28/untying-the-knot-your-heart-is-actually-a-spiral/
mar102013_0701.jpg?w=930&h=1230

• Like 9

I read recently that scientists have shown that the blood flows in the body during the embryonic phase by forming into spirals around the heart before the physical organ is properly grown. So there is a spiral at the heart before the heart it is even formed. Leonardo Da Vinci also worked that out long time ago how blood spirals at the heart, but modern medicine is only now starting to properly understand this and use it in its theories.

• Like 5

I read recently that scientists have shown that the blood flows in the body during the embryonic phase by forming into spirals around the heart before the physical organ is properly grown. So there is a spiral at the heart before the heart it is even formed. Leonardo Da Vinci also worked that out long time ago how blood spirals at the heart, but modern medicine is only now starting to properly understand this and use it in its theories.

I wonder if the blood spiral is the Qi/Blood and other subtle aspects forming the Organs blueprint and function on a level more subtle then the flesh.....

If the heart does that....do the rest of the organs?! That would be pretty cool to see in action.

Thanks for sharing, BKS and Jetsun!

• Like 1

Not so sure about the other organs, but after a few years of Bagua perhaps at least *mine* do ;).

haha. The constant spiraling gets your whole system a twirling, eh.

Have you actually noticed that your Organs work in a more spiraling manner after practicing Bagua consistently for an extended period of time?

Peace

• Like 1

Da Vinci did a detailed study of the aortic valve in the heart and demonstrated how the two vortices of blood are what close the valve to stop blood flowing backwards

leonardo.jpg

• Like 1

So...only things invented by western civilization, then? Figures. Although I'm sure we could find examples from all cultures, but probably the most from the west. Stupid linear thinking...

• Like 1

Very interesting.

@TM, I see a "beak" also possibly a "hook" there, like a fishing hook. Do you see these too? Or, anything else?

I see taijiquan. :)

An interesting medical fact. The healthy heart is regular and irregular simultaneously -- a "strange attractor" is a fractal-type attractor, with greater oscillations continuously deviating a little from the central value and producing smaller and bigger waves around it (both in frequency and amplitude). A little, not too much and not too little. Too much and we get "irregular heartbeat," too little and we get "fibrillations." Both are dangerous conditions that gravitate toward a steady state -- which is death. But the worst pattern is when a heart starts behaving like a machine, losing its strange attractor properties and switching to an absolutely regular clockwork-type pattern of oscillations. This is a condition that is medically hopeless, death is imminent within 24 hours.

Edited by Taomeow
  • Like 4

cubicle.jpg

Vietnamese_Army_Marching.jpg

fortscott02.JPG

Baolin Wu's ideas about feng shui state that buildings for humans should be in a square or rectangle shape...perhaps looking at only the negative aspect of straight lines is not the complete picture; there are positives to it as well in that we benefit from such structures...and don't benefit so much from weird shaped things like a domed home.

• Like 1

Baolin Wu's ideas about feng shui state that buildings for humans should be in a square or rectangle shape...perhaps looking at only the negative aspect of straight lines is not the complete picture; there are positives to it as well in that we benefit from such structures...and don't benefit so much from weird shaped things like a domed home.

Teepees have wonderful energy though! :)

• Like 2

I see taijiquan. :)

An interesting medical fact. The healthy heart is regular and irregular simultaneously -- a "strange attractor" is a fractal-type attractor, with greater oscillations continuously deviating a little from the central value and producing smaller and bigger waves around it (both in frequency and amplitude). A little, not too much and not too little. Too much and we get "irregular heartbeat," too little and we get "fibrillations." Both are dangerous conditions that gravitate toward a steady state -- which is death. But the worst pattern is when a heart starts behaving like a machine, losing its strange attractor properties and switching to an absolutely regular clockwork-type pattern of oscillations. This is a condition that is medically hopeless, death is imminent within 24 hours.

So this is supercool! The heart/pericardium are not just physically spiral bound, but the beating of the heart itself has multi-fractal patterns.... Fractals being most readily illustrated with 'the golden spiral'.

For more cool heart knowledge see:

http://www.i-sis.org.uk/HeartbeatofHealth.php

and

http://www.heartmath.org/research/science-of-the-heart/introduction.html

A

• Like 2

It's not just Baolin Wu, it's the general FS premise. FS is a bridge between the natural ways and the civilized ways. As such, it incorporates aspects of both into something new, "gives birth to three," so to speak. It can only be grasped in the entirety of its approaches (which is what western and non-classically-trained Chinese practitioners miss 99% of the time) and these are like "genetic engineering of qi," it is bent and shaped to the human needs not any which way but in a healthy way so that the resulting entity is viable. Square is the shape of Earth qi. (In the spiritual realm Earth IS square, the numbers that create it make it so.) So you start with the square foundation for your FS work on location, but the location itself you have to choose prior to that (in the ideal, original scenario) is anything but linear. :)

• Like 2

file://localhost/Users/alfalfa/Desktop/golden-spiral.jpeg

file://localhost/Users/alfalfa/Desktop/golden-spiral.jpeg

You'd have to upload that to the internet somewhere first for it to show, or upload it to your file area here on TTBs..

You'd have to upload that to the internet somewhere first for it to show, or upload it to your file area here on TTBs..

Too much for me ! :)

Very interesting.

@TM, I see a "beak" also possibly a "hook" there, like a fishing hook. Do you see these too? Or, anything else?

i see a beak and eyes almost a hawk or eagle like image was my first impression

Since the beginning, when doing spontaneous movements in my practice, I have had spiraling movements and still do :) Very rarely do I get any other movement :P

• Like 3