roger

existence is amazing; life is a miracle

Look around you. It's amazing, isn't it? This thing called existence. It's a total miracle.

We're REAL! It's incredible.

Call it Tao, God, or whatever you like, but there's SOMETHING. It may be Mother Nature, but there's something to all this. There's something MORE. We ARE that "something more," whether we realize it or not.

Life is divine. The very fact that we exist is unspeakable.

It's a taboo, and people don't talk about it much, but everyone ALREADY knows. We just need to break the silence.

AWAKE!

• Like 6

What a wonderful thread. Yes, we need to be reminded of this on occasion. Even if a person is materialistic as I am the wonder of life, of our planet, of our solar system is a miracle. (I don't normally use the word miracle as it connotes supernatural.) No, it's not supernatural that we exist. But it is wonderous none-the-less.

• Like 3

Nice post roger - I couldn't agree more.

I find it amusing to see how desperately people are looking for some magic, something special - super powers, unlimited energy, longevity, immortality, fa shen, qi magic of various sorts.... when all the time they are the very manifestation of the miraculous and ignore the richness and wonders of each and every moment.

• Like 1

What a wonderful thread. Yes, we need to be reminded of this on occasion. Even if a person is materialistic as I am the wonder of life, of our planet, of our solar system is a miracle. (I don't normally use the word miracle as it connotes supernatural.) No, it's not supernatural that we exist. But it is wonderous none-the-less.

A wise being once said - it goes something like this - You all want miracles. You want to smell through your ears, see through your mouth,hear with your nose. The true miracle is that you can smell through your nose, hear through your ears, and see through your eyes.

• Like 3

roger, when you say 'everybody already knows'..................................... on what level do we 'already know'?

and how do we access that level?

How to shift out of ordinary mundane asleepness to a place of freedom?

That, of course, is precisely the problem that underlies all our human disatisfaction. This feeling of separation, not only from others, but from the source of our being.

And to try and bridge that separation, endless theories, philosophies, and organised religions have sprung up since 'who-knows-how-far-back'. The trouble is, they all profess to know the answers to this question, and they all make promises of what you'll get or achieve if you join them. (Plus frequently, also a dire list of nasty things that will happen to you if you don't)

YET, curiously,... (1) all these theories say different things. (2) none have a consistent track record which could be described as having a success rate much better than "rare"

So, as lovely as it is to hear as these descriptions of heaven, or this world without the sense of separation, are,.... without a reliable means to experience it for oneself, the descriptions on their own are about as satisfying to a hungry man as the glossy colour pictures on a menu card.

If this ever-present human situation is ignored, then I believe one's spirtual search will become nothing more than trying to find the pot of gold at the end of a rainbow. As disappointingly inconvenient and 'bringing-to-earth' as this aspect of reality may be , I feel that to try and disregard it in our calculations for achieving spiritual success will result in exactly that : a path outside reality. Wishful thinking, in other words.

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 1

roger, when you say 'everybody already knows'..................................... on what level do we 'already know'?

Is it just a cerebral congratulation, or an ecstatic sense...

Cat,

I feel that we know UNCONSCIOUSLY.

We need to bring to conscious awareness the knowledge we have forgotten, but still have in our hearts.

Spiritual practice is obviously one way to do this, but it can become a clever way of AVOIDING truth. In other words, we can use spiritual practice as an escape, and as a way to suppress our deeper knowing.

The only real way to discover one's forgotten knowing, the only way that will ever truly work, is self-honesty.

Self-honest inquiry into the nature of things is the way to discover the knowledge within, in my opinion.

It often hits me as I lay down to sleep...

that I'm being breathed, not breathing...

that the same force that twists galaxies and forms black holes

grows my fingernails and pumps my heart while I dream.

• Like 2

Some years ago I came across a book called "I Hope You Die Soon" by Richard Sylvester, that made an extremely powerful impression on me. He is a Non-Duality teacher that first came to my attention after watching an interview that he gave on Conscious TV. I'll throw in an extract from one of his talks that, for me, seems to have relevance to the topic we are discusssing here. If what he has to say below happens to catch anyone's interest the way it did my own, then I'll also include a link to this same interview :

You cannot earn liberation. I have not earned liberation. No one will ever earn liberation. You cannot become good enough or work hard enough or be sincere enough to deserve it. Liberation has not happened to me and it will not happen to you. Yet there is liberation. There is only ever liberation. Perfection is already here. What you are is already divine.

Searching will not get you anywhere, but there is nothing wrong with searching. In this apparent process it may be heard that searching is meaningless,…but searching cannot be given up until it stops. Then it is over and it is seen that what you were searching for has always been with you, in fact it has always been what you are.

But to suggest that you give up searching in order to find is pointless. It does not matter whether you get drunk, meditate, read the paper, sit with the guru or go to the races. None of these will make liberation any more or any less likely. Searching or not searching, misses the point. For there is no one who can choose to do any of these things. If meditation happens, it happens and it will go on happening until it does not. It is the same for getting drunk. You may as well give up the belief that you can choose anything.

Except that you cannot do that either.

Until it happens.

http://bcove.me/rdk2imyu

Edited by ThisLife
  • Like 2