73543_1494798777

Seeing, the same as knowing...

I feel that I have a psychological/psychic/energetic distortion or blockage dealing with my eyes and sight and vision in general. It seems to me that what I see must be identical to what everyone else sees. But is this true? When meditating, I try to clear my awareness to remove all noise and disturbances. I reach a point where empty space develops. It seems 100% obvious and plain that what I am seeing is devoid of anything that I have added. I feel that this is the clearest that anything could be. But I am beginning to think that maybe what I see is still distorted, though perhaps almost on a physical level.

If you can distort your senses through physical means, how can you tell the way a thing really is? I think the answer must be that you really cannot know for sure the way a thing really is, but it seems very strange to me. Anybody have any comments on this?

I feel that I have a psychological/psychic/energetic distortion or blockage dealing with my eyes and sight and vision in general. It seems to me that what I see must be identical to what everyone else sees. But is this true? When meditating, I try to clear my awareness to remove all noise and disturbances. I reach a point where empty space develops. It seems 100% obvious and plain that what I am seeing is devoid of anything that I have added. I feel that this is the clearest that anything could be. But I am beginning to think that maybe what I see is still distorted, though perhaps almost on a physical level.

If you can distort your senses through physical means, how can you tell the way a thing really is? I think the answer must be that you really cannot know for sure the way a thing really is, but it seems very strange to me. Anybody have any comments on this?

IMO, you're so focused on the upper brain that your neglecting the real lower brain of awareness, which can clear your senses.

I feel the question is similar to asking, "Does the world exist outside of your awareness of it?". Of course everybody will say yes, the world exists outside of them. But do you actually feel this on a sensational level? If you close your eyes can you know the existance of the world beyond the range of your eyesight? Or is it just a thought. To me it seems just a thought...

I feel the question is similar to asking, "Does the world exist outside of your awareness of it?". Of course everybody will say yes, the world exists outside of them. But do you actually feel this on a sensational level? If you close your eyes can you know the existance of the world beyond the range of your eyesight? Or is it just a thought. To me it seems just a thought...

I am honestly not trying to be redundant... but your still talking from the upper brain.. A thought.

When you close your eyes, the goal should be that there is no thought [from the upper brain]; only seeing and knowing [from the lower brain].

But I can appreciate the origin of this thread and what you are asking.

It may be that you are paying to much attention to how to regulate the mind, which is what upper meditation seems to focus on. You may want to explore lower meditation methods and to awaken the dormant lower brain. As a start and a test: Put your 'mind' there for an entire day.

what you see is a slice of the thing everybody else sees. Everyones experience is real and they all fit in together after all they were made from the same things on the same earth. Thats 1 explaination. Another one is how do u really know there are 'others'? How do u know everything u have seen and done wasnt just in your own mind? What are u trying to prove with your understanding of it all. If it is real, not real, the same or different it doesnt really matter, all that matters is how you feel about it, that is if you think about it, or it matters not at all if you dont :) both these explainations stand up mathematically and logically depending on what you see and know.

" If you close your

eyes can you know the

existance of the world

beyond the range of your eyesight? Or is it just a

thought."

If u can stop your thoughts like you said u can then u know its not a thought. If you feel it, then it is a feeling. Next you just need to decide if this feeling is enough to conclude that you know or not, or how many different feeling all pointing to the same answer will be enough. But i think you knew that already. I think the real lesson here is stop being lazy, wake up, and think for yourself and stop trying to get others to make up your mind for you. A goal of cultivation should be to feel quietly confident about your understanding.