Thunder_Gooch

Yin chi number 3

I would, like that, too, BKA. I'd also like to hear how many hours a day MPG spends on cultivation as I think this is relevant in regards to one's personal "handle" on things energetic...

MPG is VERY private about his practice, results, etc., but I am confident enough he has a grasp on things that I actually discuss it with him. He's been at it quite awhile too. I guess I don't blame him for talking about things publically, as I don't often depending on the subject either. I guess I can say we definitely keep up with each other (though disagree on some things lol), in energy discussions.

• Like 1

BTW, BKA, if you read Ya Mu's blog post which sparked this latest outburst, he is very clear on the point of different "levels" of,earth energy. He plainly states that "surface energy" is all beginners manipulate (as a general rule) and that most systems never move on to the more energetic yin chi found deep in the earth -- much less the even more dense "core energy." It is all about vibrational energy, just as modern physics is realizing. Personally, it was about a year AFTER I able to gather yin & yang chi and mix them in dantien and start to distinctly feel yin chi that I started to manipulate the energy found deep in the earth, and that was the result of Ya Mu standing beside me and showing me how, using his own energy to help open that door for me.

Transmission FTW! :)

More later, have offline stuff to do.

We are all told to sink. That is yin.

Do I own the sinking? Do I understand it as a part of some grand scheme of existence or a part of why the practice works in my experience? No.

Is it there, ever present, as the element that doesn't care if I get it or not? Yes.

So there you have it; There is something we need to do all the time that we do not understand.

Or at least I don't.

Edited by PLB
  • Like 1

I think you're making the mistake of assuming that what Chang says (or what Kosta says Chang says, which is an issue in itself, given the language barrier) about Mo Pai necessarily applies across other traditions. It could be a simple question of methodology, just because the Mo Pai system doesn't contain methods for drawing Yin chi without contact with the ground, doesn't mean they don't exist. Nowhere in the Kosta books, from what I remember, does Chang claim to have extensive knowledge of other energetic systems, nor of the nature of energy and metaphysics in general - he's simply making statements about Yin energy as it manifests in the practices of one tradition, and it isn't necessarily true that those can be extrapolated into an interpretation of it as it manifests into a completely different system. We really know far too little about the definitive nature of metaphysical energies to be deciding which traits are universal.

Anyway, the reason I'm chiming in is that I thought it might be interesting to provide an example to how Yin Chi is utilized and experienced in western practices (where it is labelled the Magnetic Fluid, Yang chi being the Electric Fluid), to provide a comparison by which the debate about it's nature between SM and MP can be measured. What I found very relevant (and what originally sparked my interest when reading this debate) is that the experience of having this energy within the body is described more or less identically to the MP description given by Kosta, yet it can, like SM, be accumulated anywhere, which is pretty strong evidence that the SM system isn't necessarily deluded, making it up, using a different energy, etc.

2. The Electric and Magnetic Fluids ~

According to the information given in the theoretical part, there are two kinds of fluids originating in the
four elements, namely the electric and the magnetic fluid. The electric fluid comes from the fire principle,
the magnetic one from the water principle. The air principle is the mediating element between the two.
The earth element is bipolar, hence containing both fluids, and it is electromagnetic, electric in the center
and magnetic on the periphery. According to the aforesaid laws, these two fluids are working in all
spheres, physical, astral and mental. These fluids are the cause of everything that exists. Next let us deal
with the knowledge and control of these two fluids, because managing these fluids will enable he magician
to achieve everything in all spheres, no matter whether the mental, astral or material sphere is concerned.
The effect of any of these fluids, however, depends on the magician's maturity, whether he is strong
enough and able to for the cause in the respective sphere. There are two fundamental methods in order to
work with both fluids, the inductive and the deductive method. The magician will learn how to use both
methods in this Step. Let us discuss the electrical fluid first.

4. Control of the Magnetic Fluid - Inductive Method ~

The performance with this fluid is exactly the same. Sit in your asana imagining that you are hollow but
able to take in the magnetic fluid. Now close your eyes and imagine the whole universe being filled with
water and yourself in the center of it. You will automatically perceive the wetness and coolness on the
periphery of your body, but do not give your full attention to this fact; imagine how your body, like a dry
sponge, is sucking in the magnetic power from the universal water element. This imagination exercise
must be increased until you feel a dynamide in yourself, similar to a fully inflated tire,
and you are quite
certain that a higher accumulation is impossible. As soon s you have reached the peak of magnetic power
accumulation, allow the imagination to melt away gradually, and the magnetic power accumulated inside
you to dissolve into infinity. If you are able to discriminate the difference between the electric and the
magnetic fluid by mans of frequent exercises, you will have the opportunity, just as with the electric fluid,
to strengthen those faculties in yourself that dwell in the water and the earth elements, such as
mediumistic faculties, clairfeeling, psychometry, thought reading, medial writing, and others.

- Franz Bardon, Initiation Into Hermetics

• Like 4

A "new" member chiming in on the most controversial topic currently, as their 2nd post, noooo not suspicious at all! How's the weather in Australia currently?

• Like 1

A "new" member chiming in on the most controversial topic currently, as their 2nd post, noooo not suspicious at all! How's the weather in Australia currently?

I've been lurking here for a while actually (great forum). I decided to register the other day, read this thread while I was waiting for my account to be activated, and as I had recently reread the chapter in IIH on the magnetic and electric fluids, and noticed a lot of parralels to the discussion going on here, I decided to chime in once I could. I'm sorry if you feel that I should have to grovel for 50 or 100 posts and sufficiently establish my sincerity before I'm allowed to contribute to a discussion I find interesting.

And it's uncharactaristically cold, actually, I even had my heating on the other night :/ Although I'll take that over the usual schorching sweatiness at this time of year.

Edited by Aeran

I've been lurking here for a while actually (great forum). I decided to register the other day, read this thread while I was waiting for my account to be activated, and as I had recently reread the chapter in IIH on the magnetic and electric fluids, and noticed a lot of parralels to the discussion going on here, so I decided to chime in once I could. I'm sorry if you feel that I should have to grovel for 50 or 100 posts and sufficiently establish my sincerity before I'm allowed to contribute to a discussion I find interesting.

And it's uncharactaristically cold, actually, I even had my heating on the other night :/ Although I'll take that over the usual schorching sweatiness at this time of year.

I've heard this exact story before, about 20-30 times, from people all from Australia. Funny that. It's getting rather old.

I've heard this exact story before, about 20-30 times, from people all from Australia. Funny that. It's getting rather old.

The insinuating being what? That I'm a regular member posting under a different account? Why would someone bother? I mean I understand that it happens in general terms, but what would it achieve in this particular scenario? Especially since I'm coming in on the side of the majority.

PS perhaps I can quiz you a bit on hermetics; I've been at it for about 25 years, how about you PM me with your knowledge on such ;).

I've been at it for significantly less than 25, so the knowledge would probably be flowing the other way, but I'd love to talk about it if you'd drop the paranoid scrutiny.

• Like 1

I have explained to you repeatedly, MPG, that my understanding of energy far predates my awareness of Michael Lomax or Stillness-Movement. You are the only one who views this discussion as a dichotomy between to disparate systems. I view it as a discussion about nature and specifically about the nature of energy and the properties of materials. I have given up on persuading you, however, and merely post here in hope of providing some clarity for those readers who haven't spent much time studying electromagnetics.

The idea of "conductors" and "insulators" is an introductory simplification -- "Idiot's Guide to Electricity" stuff. In the real world, every single material (element, compound, mixture, solution, what-have-you) conducts electricity and every one simultaneously impedes the flow of electricity. The are three basic ways in which this flow is impeded -- by conversion into heat (classically known as "resistance"), conversion into an electrical field (known as capacitance) and conversion into a magnetic field (known as inductance). While we often talk about resistors, capacitors and inductors, what we really are referring to are circuit elements designed such that one of these three forms of impedance is predominant within a strict range of conditions. All three factors are present at all times and in all materials.

Additionally, while "resistance" is generally viewed as being independent of frequency (and this is true to a first approximation), both capacitance and inductance are HIGHLY frequency-dependent, and in an inverse fashion. As a general rule, a material's inductance increases as frequencies rise while its capacitance DEcreases as frequencies rise.

The combination of resistance, inductance and resistance is know as impedance. This is the complex characteristic scientists talk about when describing how well electricity flows through a given material, NOT one of the sub-components of impedance but impedance as a whole.

At no or very low frequencies, capacitance is at its maximum. As frequencies increase, however, this component of impedance drops sharply and approaches zero. Electronic circuitry relies on this characteristic in order to build filters -- low-pass filters put a highly capacitive element in serial and high-pass filters put it in parallel.

We are not really talking about electricity in this thread but rather about earth energy. There is a direct corollary, however, as exemplified by your own language. The corollary is this -- the "impedance" of different materials is a direct function frequency and materials which might not flow low-frequency yin chi well may flow high-frequency yin chi very nicely. Additionally, just as qualities like potential difference and steady-state resistance and an antenna's signal strength are important in electronics, one's personal vibratory energy and awareness of (connection to) energy across a range of frequencies are important in cultivation of energy.

The fact that someone speaks only of low- or zero-frequency energy doesn't mean that same energy only exists in that state and doesn't preclude the existence of that same energy at higher frequencies. An electrical ohmmeter set on "Volts DC" cannot detect electricity that is not "zero-frequency" either but flipping the switch to "Volts AC" opens up a whole new world of electricity. Not a DIFFERENT electricity, mind you! The exact SAME electricity, just behaving slightly differently but now requiring a whole new approach to detecting it, measuring it and working with it.

As to air... Heck, how do you think sparkplugs work? Or fluorescent lighting? Or the little battery-powered spark-igniter on a gas grill? Or the spark of static electricity that jumps between your finger and a doorknob on a cold morning? And air's an insulator? Please...

:unsure:

• Like 6

The insinuating being what? That I'm a regular member posting under a different account? Why would someone bother? I mean I understand that it happens in general terms, but what would it achieve in this particular scenario? Especially since I'm coming in on the side of the majority.

I've been at it for significantly less than 25, so the knowledge would probably be flowing the other way, but I'd love to talk about it if you'd drop the paranoid scrutiny.

I'm not sure why they bother, but we've banned over a dozen so far. Part of the reason is that we have had troubles with a member conning other members out of money (several hundred $$) by offering a MP manual, then never sending it, but keeping the payments. This person had created MANY accounts (he is from Australia). Our most recent MP sock puppet was just a few days ago actually.

PS I'd never expect someone to know huge piles, but enough to show they actually practice the path :).

I'm not sure why they bother, but we've banned over a dozen so far. Part of the reason is that we have had troubles with a member conning other members out of money (several hundred $$) by offering a MP manual, then never sending it, but keeping the payments. This person had created MANY accounts (he is from Australia). Our most recent MP sock puppet was just a few days ago actually.

PS I'd never expect someone to know huge piles, but enough to show they actually practice the path :).

Well I'm sorry to hear about that, I know the whole Mo Pai issue has been a contentious one on the internet (it certainly has on other forums I read/contribute too), and I remember seeing on amazon various 'Learn Mo Pai!' books which, iirc, were all labelled as scams, if that kind of thing has carried over here I can understand why you'd be suspicious, but it would still be nice if you'd hold off and allow people a greater chance to prove themselves either way before throwing baseless accusations at them.

I possibly could have put more thought into where I started posting, but I read Kosta's books a while back and found them rather interesting, and as I said in my other post, one of the reasons I've developed an interest in Taoism is the massive parralels it has with Hermetic philosophy, and so when something interesting occured to me that might help cast a bit of light on the debate taking place here, I thought I'd put it out there. You can make of that what you want, I don't particularly feel the need to allow myself to be quized in response to baseless accusations, but feel free to ban me should I ever offer anyone a Mo Pai Superpower Manual for the low low price of $999.99 ;)

• Like 1

If you S-M folks think you have it bad..... You only have yin qi to debate with MPG.....

I practice magic as well, and MPG and I have had many long discussions on this :D. You can only imagine! Somehow we make it work though. I allow him to tell me (quite respectfully) that a lot of it is imagination; he allows me to (quite respectfully) tell him he should allow more possibilities in his reality. The discussions get extremely interesting and I think we both learn a lot (OK well I do anyways lol). Sure he's a little stuck on his viewpoints, but the insight into these matters that comes out of the words surrounding the the whole yin qi statements can be quite profound actually.

I just had to start this out with taking none of it personally, and not taking anything he thinks of my magic teacher personally. Then I had to move into, what perspectives does this person have to offer that I may not yet know about or have overlooked.

I know he thinks my energetic healing and spirit callings are BS, I'm fine with that, and we don't even debate that fact anymore. I also tried some MoPai experimentation to see what it's all about, there is definitely something to it, which sort of surprised me. On a side note, he is right about plastic and rubber blocking stuff to various differing degrees, but we all already knew that.

Regarding your last paragraph, BKA, I am NOT surprised. I had respect for the Mo Pai and for John Chang. In fact, I have gone to lengths to make that clear to avoid any disparaging comments, even if faced with calumny.

• Like 2

I got interested in the scientific explanation of paranormal stuff back in the 70's when this article showed up in my engineering society's peer-reviewed journal:

My curiosity led me to discover that Stanford, Princeton, and Rhine Universities were looking into this stuff -- but why was (the late) stage magician James Randi unable to find a psychic?

Here's why:

Stage magician James Randi retained sole-control of the evidence and contract, and all challengers for the $1 Million prize signed away their right for legal protection. And Randi said that he was not going to give away the prize. An attorney explains here:

Reminds me of the current discussion.

By the way, I would like to debate you all on why my method of vacuum-seal technology is vastly superior to your ill-founded falsely claimed hermetic technology. (Forgive my attempt at humor here… I really didn't know there was another meaning to hermetic until an hour ago. My wife has warned me that I am an introverted Geek lacking communication skills and sense of humor… :) ) I think that debating vacuum-seal technology is as necessary as this discussion of Yin Qi. ;)

• Like 3

I got interested in the scientific explanation of paranormal stuff back in the 70's when this article showed up in my engineering society's peer-reviewed journal:
My curiosity led me to discover that Stanford, Princeton, and Rhine Universities were looking into this stuff -- but why was (the late) stage magician James Randi unable to find a psychic?
Here's why:
Stage magician James Randi retained sole-control of the evidence and contract, and all challengers for the $1 Million prize signed away their right for legal protection. And Randi said that he was not going to give away the prize. An attorney explains here:
Reminds me of the current discussion.
By the way, I would like to debate you all on why my method of vacuum-seal technology is vastly superior to your ill-founded falsely claimed hermetic technology. (Forgive my attempt at humor here… I really didn't know there was another meaning to hermetic until an hour ago. My wife has warned me that I am an introverted Geek lacking communication skills and sense of humor… :) ) I think that debating vacuum-seal technology is as necessary as this discussion of Yin Qi. ;)

Your video above is what I was trying to explain to one of the members in this discussion, about a week back. Thank you for finding it for me :).

Of course it is relevant, the debate about air being a conductor came up earlier, so hermetically sealed vs vacuum sealed is definitely an important aspect...

• Like 1

That paper looks interesting, shame the complete study isn't available on the site. It reminds me of the Dean Radin books I read earlier in the year, a bit dry, but they put together a very strong scientific and statistical argument for the existence of what he labels as 'psi phenomenon.'

But yes, you're right about Randi's challenge being a bit of a joke (not to mention exploitative and fraudulent). it's a shame that there are so many people in the 'skeptical' community who claim to live by the scientific method, but don't apply that same scrutiny to their own opinions and motivations, or those of people who hold the same worldview.

I also think the whole John Chang fiasco is a perfect example of why someone who has abilities above a certain degree wouldn't want to come forward and seek publicity. Look at the blowup he had to deal with for decades as a result of allowing himself to be filmed - granted he was a little careless about the whole thing, but as appealing as the idea of living in a society where spiritual and energetic practices are mainstream can sound, I don't think humanity is ready for it.

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 1

The idea of "conductors" and "insulators" is an introductory simplification -- "Idiot's Guide to Electricity" stuff. In the real world, every single material (element, compound, mixture, solution, what-have-you) conducts electricity and every one simultaneously impedes the flow of electricity. The are three basic ways in which this flow is impeded -- by conversion into heat (classically known as "resistance"), conversion into an electrical field (known as capacitance) and conversion into a magnetic field (known as inductance).

Apparently I need the simpleton's guide to electricity as the idiot's guide is a little beyond my level ;).

Sooooo can my neodymium magnets change electrical flow? Perhaps I shouldn't hold them near my lightbulb? How about near my jacobs ladder nor my vandergraaf generator?

The reason I'm curious is that magnets most definitely do mess up various energies, energetic fields, spirits and so forth.

Oh and I can't resist:

That paper looks interesting, shame the complete study isn't available on the site. It reminds me of the Dean Radin books I read earlier in the year, a bit dry, but they put together a very strong scientific and statistical argument for the existence of what he labels as 'psi phenomenon.'

But yes, you're right about Randi's challenge being a bit of a joke (not to mention exploitative and fraudulent). it's a shame that there are so many people in the 'skeptical' community who claim to live by the scientific method, but don't apply that same scrutiny to their own opinions and motivations, or those of people who hold the same worldview.

I also think the whole John Chang fiasco is a perfect example of why someone who has abilities above a certain degree wouldn't want to come forward and seek publicity. Look at the blowup he had to deal with for decades as a result of allowing himself to be filmed - granted he was a little careless about the whole thing, but as appealing as the idea of living in a society where spiritual and energetic practices are mainstream can sound, I don't think humanity is ready for it.

Anyone who I know who can do even slightly odd stuff (according to most people's standards) would not ever make it public, put it on video, be in TV and etc. I don't blame them there.

• Like 1

I think you're making the mistake of assuming that what Chang says (or what Kosta says Chang says, which is an issue in itself, given the language barrier) about Mo Pai necessarily applies across other traditions. It could be a simple question of methodology, just because the Mo Pai system doesn't contain methods for drawing Yin chi without contact with the ground, doesn't mean they don't exist. Nowhere in the Kosta books, from what I remember, does Chang claim to have extensive knowledge of other energetic systems, nor of the nature of energy and metaphysics in general - he's simply making statements about Yin energy as it manifests in the practices of one tradition, and it isn't necessarily true that those can be extrapolated into an interpretation of it as it manifests into a completely different system. We really know far too little about the definitive nature of metaphysical energies to be deciding which traits are universal.

Anyway, the reason I'm chiming in is that I thought it might be interesting to provide an example to how Yin Chi is utilized and experienced in western practices (where it is labelled the Magnetic Fluid, Yang chi being the Electric Fluid), to provide a comparison by which the debate about it's nature between SM and MP can be measured. What I found very relevant (and what originally sparked my interest when reading this debate) is that the experience of having this energy within the body is described more or less identically to the MP description given by Kosta, yet it can, like SM, be accumulated anywhere, which is pretty strong evidence that the SM system isn't necessarily deluded, making it up, using a different energy, etc.

I have met MANY people who practice Bardon's stuff, and met many who practice martial arts and neigong/qigong. I find that the MoPai energetics/whatever you'd call it/yin qi is like the latter energies. I find these 2 energies to be completely different.

Definitely interesting mention and correlation though... but personally I feel they are two very different things.

I don't know about the stuff H-M works with (the other folks working with Yin Qi in this thread), perhaps yet another, or closer to the martial artists... I'm just guessing on this one though.

Btw, speaking of magnetic fluid (yes I know you weren't talking about this, but still highly awesome):

• Like 2

Apparently I need the simpleton's guide to electricity as the idiot's guide is a little beyond my level ;).

Sooooo can my neodymium magnets change electrical flow? Perhaps I shouldn't hold them near my lightbulb? How about near my jacobs ladder nor my vandergraaf generator?

The reason I'm curious is that magnets most definitely do mess up various energies, energetic fields, spirits and so forth.

Oh and I can't resist:

[/url]

Yea, magnets and magnetic fields most definitely affect electrical flow. In fact, that interaction is why electric motors,work, and why generators work and why tube-type TVs worked.

As an interesting diversion, readers might want to investigate why we use alternating current rather than direct current for our electric grid, what roles Edison, Westinghouse & Tesla played, and who electrocuted an elephant at Coney Island yo try to discredit the,other two (along,with killing a bunch horses and dogs...)

Not two different electricities, just two different sets of characteristics depending on frequency.

To make the earlier point more easily absorbed, imagine connecting two metal plates to a source of,electrical power and separating them with an air-gap. This is called a capacitor and it,doesn't matter whether "ground" is involved or not. If the electrical current is constant (zero-frequency, like a battery) then air-gap blocks the concept electricity (until you crackpots charge way up, that is...) Introduce a frequency in that power-source, however, and current starts to flow. Increase the frequency and the capacitor no longer impedes the flow of electricity. The air-gap becomes transparent to the electricity.

Same electricity, different behavior.

EDIT: BTW, nothing special about the plates above being made out of metal except that it's easier to work with that way...

Edited by Brian
  • Like 2

I have met MANY people who practice Bardon's stuff, and met many who practice martial arts and neigong/qigong. I find that the MoPai energetics/whatever you'd call it/yin qi is like the latter energies. I find these 2 energies to be completely different.

I don't have any direct experience with the later stages of Bardon's system (give me another 5 or 10 years and I'll get back to ya), so for now I can't comment specifically on those energies, all I can say is that my experiences with the energies in the earlier steps (or at least those which have parallels in Taoist practices, namely the Vital Force) is that they are seemingly the same as those utilized in the Qi Gong I've practiced, and that the description of the Yin Chang in Mo Pai by Kosta is remarkably similar to that given of the Magnetic Fluid by Bardon. And I generally take an inclusive view of such things, but that's just me. Beyond that I can't say, and honestly, I'm not sure anyone can. Like I said earlier, we know too little about the definitive nature of the forces we're working with - maybe 100 years from now scientists will nail this stuff down and it will turn out that Chi is just another phlogiston.

At times like this I find it's good to remember the words of Mr AC himself:

2. In this book it is spoken of the Sephiroth, and the

Paths, of Spirits and Conjurations; of Gods, Spheres,

Planes, and many other things which may or may not exist.

It is immaterial whether they exist or not. By doing

certain things certain results follow; students are most

earnestly warned against attributing objective reality or

philosophic validity to any of them.

Those sculptures are amazing, I think I know what I'm telling people to get me for XMas now :D

Edited by Aeran
  • Like 3

Aeran, after much scrutiny (as happens with anyone who posts about MoPai within their first 10 posts), the tech department (me) would like to welcome you to the forums :). I look forward to reading your contributions. Btw, checkout our Hermetic section...

• Like 1

In that, case you can have the Mo Pai Superpower Manual for half price :P Act now before this unique opportunity is lost (credit card only)!

Seriously though, I've already taken a peak around there, but I'm honestly here more for the Taoist side of things, since that's something I'm very new to and hoping to become greater acquainted with. I was originally going to make a post asking for advice on the best way to proceed, but thinking about it now it seems a bit too broad a scope. I've recently taken up Qi Gong again as part of my daily practice routine though, so I'm sure plenty of questions will arrive when I inevitably horrible mangle it trying to learn out of books.

• Like 1

As to MPG's snarky non-answer that began with "As to the rest of your argument, it goes something like this. Infrared is the same thing as UV..."

Absolutely they are the same thing. Not the same manifestation with the same properties because they are different frequencies. Read that again -- the only difference between infrared light and ultraviolet light is the frequency of the photon. When I turn on my reading light next to the bed, the filament heats up and glows. It produces infrared light, red light, orange light, yellow light, green light, blue light, indigo light, violet light and ultraviolet light, plus colors between, above and below that small section of the electromagnetic spectrum. It also produces radio waves and microwaves, too. All from one single strand of wire. It doesn't have a "red-light generator" and a "blue light generator" and a yellow light generator," each producing its own unique "type of energy" but a single generator producing one type of energy of differing frequencies. The different properties mean they can be used in different ways and can be measured in different ways and can be blocked or transmitted in different ways but they are just frequency variations of the same energy.

Here's an interesting and everyday example -- glass is not a terribly good conductor of infrared light, but it is a pretty good conductor of most of the visible spectrum (assuming it is clear glass, of course). As a result, sunlight easily enters a greenhouse (but not the infrared because the glass is opaque to it), and is absorbed by the atoms of the plants & soil within which then reradiate light. The inside of the greenhouse doesn't get as hot as a light bulb's filament, of course, so its spectrum is skewed -- this light is predominantly in the infrared section of the electromagnetic spectrum. Since the glass blocks light of the infrared frequency, however, that "heat" bounces back in again. Glass isn't totally reflective to infrared, of course, so some passes through and some is absorbed & reemitted, thus preventing a runaway condition, but the balance achieved allows one to grow roses & tomatoes in the dead of winter, just by leveraging the unique properties afforded by different frequencies of a single type of energy.

Ya know what? When I walk into the kitchen after clicking the Post button to heat some water for a pot of tea ("sky between the branches" this time, I think), the electric burner is going to produce the same type of energy at many of those exact same frequencies.

FWIW, the different varieties of tea are all the same type of plant. They are all slight variations of the plant scientists call Camellia sinensis, each with its own unique characteristics but all the same type of plant (unless you want to start including any infusion in the definition of "tea" but that's just crazy-talk...)

• Like 4