Thunder_Gooch

Yin chi number 3

So either he is wrong, or JC and the mo pai school is.

I think the most likely scenario is that what he describes as earth or yin energy isn't the same thing JC and the mo pai school call yin energy.

He is describing something else altogether.

OR.... there is yet another explanation...

One system cannot see inside another system.

One systems 'way' is not necessarily at the exclusion of all the systems in the entire world...

• Like 2

That is not the case as the energy precisely and accurately defined by mo pai as yin chi, does not have the same characteristics as the energy he is describing as yin chi.

What they describe isn't the same, as much as you would like it to be.

Then it is a reconciliation of phrases, meanings, words, systems...

But my general comment remains. Instead of just saying black and white, there is much gray area to explore.

• Like 3

That is not the case as the energy precisely and accurately defined by mo pai as yin chi, does not have the same characteristics as the energy he is describing as yin chi.

What they describe isn't the same, as much as you would like it to be.

He's a good guy, but he makes blanket statements like:

This stands in direct contradiction to the very definition of yin chi as defined in mo pai.

No ifs, ands, or buts.

So either he is wrong, or JC and the mo pai school is.

I think the most likely scenario is that what he describes as earth or yin energy isn't the same thing JC and the mo pai school call yin energy.

He is describing something else altogether.

Have you listened to Kostas's interview, MPG?

http://timemonkradio.com/threads/kostas-danaos-time-monk-radio-network-presents-july-30th-2011.34/

• Like 3

(deleted to consolidate posts)

What, you can do thick red lines on here?! :D

The tech team is more than happy to merge anyone's (hint hint) posts if asked nicely :>.

Ohhh the trick is a larger font heh

Tech is done amusing themselves with red lines and will now move along...

This thread is not about comparisons between Stillness-Movement and Mo Pai, however,

an interesting thing is said by Kostas (author of "Magus of Java") in that interview (33 minutes in) which will hopefully end that debate (which obviously must take place in another thread and not be continued in this one)

Kostas:

"Yin chi is not something you put in (with effort), it sort of follows the Yang chi wherever it goes. So, when you generate Yang chi, if you sit down, then automatically you will pull in Yin chi because it wants to be in equal amount wherever the Yang chi is. There are schools that train in the development of Yin chi itself. I don't know anything about that. My training was in both (yang and yin chi training), but one rose as a consequence of the other. You don't deliberately say "I'm going to pull in yin chi now." It just happens. There are ways to do that, but I can't understand why anybody would want to."

So!

If you cultivate Yang chi, then according to Kostas, if you just simply "sit down" Yin chi will "automatically" join you as it "wants to be in equal amount wherever Yang chi is." Just sit down, and it automatically joins and settles with the yang chi.

Oh man, that was like (soy) milk after peanut butter.. Balance. I feel balance...

Edited by Harmonious Emptiness
  • Like 7

Yes, thank you. This is definitely NOT a mo pai thread or a mo pai vs. stillness-movement thread or a yin chi thread!

• Like 4

Wow. Kosta pretty much nails it and ends the whole stupid yin debate. Wow. We can drop the whole yin bullshit argument and let this thread stay on topic.

• Like 5

System A, with master B states that System X, taught by master Y both are indeed referring to same subject Z and that subject Z as both describe it are the same thing.

This is driving me nuts....

Would make more sense as: System A, with master 2 states that system X, taught by master 5, both are indeed referring to the same subject ~ and that subject ~ as both describe it as the same thing. I would have just used exponents but can't figure out how to type those.

Nevermore.

System A, with master B states that System X, taught by master Y both are indeed referring to same subject Z and that subject Z as both describe it are the same thing.

This system doesn't have the aims of mopai, which is to create someone into a weapon. This system's aim is different...

I get that you believe what you think, and you hold that as true.

We don't.

Feel free to start threads on what you define as Mopai's yin chi, mo pai and whatever else but leave this thread. You aren't helping, and you are cluttering in a thread about stillness movement.

John

• Like 4

So, I'll start then.

It is being claimed that any system which says yin chi can only be cultivated in the body with the use of a wire attached between the earth and the perrenium, and that yin chi can not be felt. This is based on a few of the lines in Kosta Danaos' book "Magus of Java" which describes his learning experiences with John Chang.

Now, in an interview with Kosta Danaos himself, he said:

http://timemonkradio.com/threads/kostas-danaos-time-monk-radio-network-presents-july-30th-2011.34/

[33 minutes in]

Kostas:

"Yin chi is not something you put in (with effort), it sort of follows the Yang chi wherever it goes. So, when you generate Yang chi, if you sit down, then automatically you will pull in Yin chi because it wants to be in equal amount wherever the Yang chi is. There are schools that train in the development of Yin chi itself. I don't know anything about that. My training was in both (yang and yin chi training), but one rose as a consequence of the other. You don't deliberately say "I'm going to pull in yin chi now." It just happens. There are ways to do that, but I can't understand why anybody would want to."

[...]

So then, according to Kosta Danaos, if you cultivate yang chi, all you need to do is "sit down" afterwards, and the yin chi will accumulate to balance the yang chi.

This, apparently, was not stated in "Magus of Java." Thus, I have to wonder what else should be left as "we don't know, because the book is not a complete and comprehensive description of the mysteries of mo pai neikung, nor does it go into the intricacies of authentic Taoist neikung practices which are the foundations of the mo pai neikung practices. What was written was written, and what was not written was not written. This does not mean that everything written in this one book is the be all and end all of what it talks about."

Some people disagree with this. If so, please provide logical reasons as to why this is not so.

Please, no name calling, and if you are going to say "you're wrong," the etiquette of conversation demands that you will follow "you're wrong" by explaining what is "right," and, preferably, "why." If you can not do this, then nobody has any reason to believe that one is wrong and the other not-wrong.

I hope we can all learn something here. This is a community. Please, let us act like one.

Thank you.

• Like 6

Your just spamming your same posts over and over and deleting the previous instance of it. Nothing new is stated but your creating the worlds longest post in the process of 'consolidating'... I foresee you creating yet another new posting rule/guideline...

As RV asked for the topic to be maintain, I have no more comment.

• Like 2

Btw, I did put in a report yesterday on this thread going off topic, asking if I could split and off topic parts... but no mods have been online since then; please be patient everyone :).

• Like 1

MPG, I don't think you're debating whether Stillness-Movement has any benefit whatsoever to martial application, which is what this thread is about.

I've created a new thread "Yin chi 3." This topic will be better placed over there. Unless you're trying to purge yourself of TTB by being banned permanently, in which case, you might as well continue reposting the same unrelated mega posts.

Well Harmonious Emptiness if you will go back to post 49:

http://thetaobums.com/topic/32412-can-the-practice-of-stillness-movement-add-to-your-martial-arts-ability/page-4#entry498139

Ya Mu's blog post on the nature of yin chi was brought into this discussion, and several before that have asked question about yin and yang chi.

This is something that is very important, as in this post he is claiming verbatim he claiming every energy all schools call yin energy is the same.

I am pointing out by definition this cannot be true.

If this discussion isn't appropriate then the thread needs to be split and all the posts about yin and yang chi from everyone green tiger, surfing buddha, johnc, myself need to be moved to that thread.

As to trying to purge myself, no that's not my intention.

I was told to combine my posts, so that's what I am doing.

You guy's don't like many small replies, you don't like one big reply.

I think you you guys should make up your minds on what it is you want to complain about.

This is an issue that is extremely important to me.

If its that important, just start your own thread and say it once instead of in 1000 threads over and over. You make your distinction and leave it at that.

This is about S-M relation to martial arts. Not YOUR definitions nor Mo Pai definitions.

P.S. When they told you to 'consolidate', they did not mean this game you are playing now with mile long posts. Let's apply some common sense...

Like this would be common sense: Lock this thread to stop this nonsense :)

Dear members, there was a forum glitch, one of the staff *liked* a post on here and that set off some glitch which hid all your posts. They are all back now.

So which reliable source told you personally that you MUST be grounded with a metal wire?

Sitting down after standing practice is very grounding. I can see how that would bring yin chi to the person immediately, and I've felt something similar.

You say that yin chi can only be felt through yang chi... when you develop yang chi, you feel chi, so when yin chi comes, you feel it happen.

You said yourself: "yin chi cannot be felt till yin and yang are brought together, as the human consciousness itself is pure yang energy, and yin energy can only be felt indirectly by the interactions it causes with the yang chi of your consciousness until both yin and yang energy have been brought together."

If there's yang chi, there will be yin chi. Just as there is static electricity in the sky, the chi field will find you no matter where you are. The interactions of energy between the earth and sky are constant. It only makes sense that yin and yang chi fields are everywhere.

• Like 2

In the Platonic dialogue, Cratylus, there is an argument about whether words are arbitrary place holders in some scheme of expression or have their own being and rightful place in the scene of existing things. Socrates argued the former and Cratylus defended the latter. Unlike other conversations where Plato was happy to display Socrates as his champion kicking sophistical butt, this dialogue ends in a stand off where both sides agree to continue to disagree.

This continuing debate about yin energy reminds me of that dialogue. When the space between two ways of perceiving things get large enough, there is nothing left to disagree with or not when people talk about it.

• Like 2