wu_wei

Taoist Breathing Exercises

Does anyone know if there Qigong/Neigong breathing exercises meant for increasing one's energy cultivation/circulation similar to the ones found in Kundalini Yoga?

Ummm...

Didn't you just tell us that you've recently started, and are being overwhelmed by, sitting & standing Stillness-Movement from reading Michael Lomax's book, and that you are about start practicing Gift of Tao I from the DVD?

I respectfully (and strongly) suggest that you stop dabbling and fishing. Practice Stillness-Movement and Gift of Tao exclusively for 100 days. Don't be an energetic channel-surfer...

;)

EDIT: If, after 100 days of sincere practice you find S-M isn't for you for whatever reason, use what you have learned to help you select something else, and then give IT your undivided practicing attention until you know whether it resonates.

Edited by Brian
  • Like 1

For me they were very different.

I have done most forms of Yoga and the approach of Qi Gong is very different.

I came to Qi Gong only a few years ago with considerable abilities so my experience with it was at once somewhat very advanced, but in yoga I was never intending to "charge up" my LDT or charge up anything.

In yoga it was all about inner discipline and the outer forms that are adjunct to that. Attention, cleaning the vessel, subtle bodies, nadis, chakras, diet, fasting, forms ... The breathing was a cleaning tool, a movement tool, transformative in a gentle passive active way.

At this point in time all intentional breathing is remarkably effective, felt, vivifying and typically expansive and electrifying.

Qi Gong breathing is much more physical in an athletic sense, and I do not mean that it takes the effort of an athlete, but rather that it is a full marrow to muscle enhancement with an energy that is quite different.

Edited by Spotless
  • Like 3

;)

EDIT: If, after 100 days of sincere practice you find S-M isn't for you for whatever reason, use what you have learned to help you select something else, and then give IT your undivided practicing attention until you know whether it resonates.

I normally use 90 days as a benchmark but I agree with all of the above post. We need to allow our body time to adjust to whatever we are trying to accomplish.

Qi Gong breathing is much more physical in an athletic sense, and I do not mean that it takes the effort of an athlete, but rather that it is a full marrow to muscle enhancement with an energy that is quite different.

This would be an inaccurate assumption when it comes to Stillness-Movement Qigong. I know that several styles of qigong do emphasize breathing etc -- however, in Stillness-Movement we breathe quite naturally and simply get out of the way of mindfully trying to control anything. We simply let qi fill into us -- with an awareness on dantian - and we don't try to direct the qi anywhere we again simply let it go where it may -- let it clear stagnation as it may - when it does -- then usually the movement begins.

The suggestion to trial the system for 100 days - came as a recommendation from the masters of the lineage. You set aside others systems they you may be trying or have tried and see how this one fits. It may take 100 days to truly clear your mind of clutter and stop trying to control whats going on and just allow.... You can learn movement from the dvd but when it comes to the meditation --- you need to at least attend one seminar - distance or otherwise. Then many of these confusing concepts can be cleared up.

Now can we be advanced masters of many systems...perhaps that's fodder for a new thread!

Thanks,

Brion

Kempomaster

• Like 4

I am a little confused why people are jumping on the OP's case and turning his question into an S-M thread.

The topic seems to be about Qigong breathing in relation to Kundalini Yoga... A little disagreement seems ok, but it seems a very interesting question to me.

• Like 2

They are both one and the same thing.

Just simply forgetting entirely on ones self nourishes the bio-electromagnetism within the human potential "Chi'. Because you return back to a naturally free state awaking the animating force within, Tao.

Its easier said then done for many.

There are many names all describing this one thing, which is a problem to the human population because the arrogant have murdered it into a thousand little pieces which creates far to much confusion and delusion on this planet. Also long with the fact that people always want more, more, more without acquiring living real experiences of such states, which in your case is the idea of more energy production and power. Which of course is probably fair enough but it is selfish and therefore limited to mental fabrications and attached ideals which is counter productive and wastes you.

But first, just master your self by forgetting entirely on your self and then the experience speaks for its self, then come back and talk because clearly you haven't witness enough yet.

Tao wu shin

I am a little confused why people are jumping on the OP's case and turning his question into an S-M thread.

The topic seems to be about Qigong breathing in relation to Kundalini Yoga... A little disagreement seems ok, but it seems a very interesting question to me.

If it sounded like I was jumping on you, wu_wei, I apologize.

Very shortly before opening this thread, you had posted in the current S-M thread that you had started trying to figure out the sitting practice from the book and that you were awaiting the arrival of your DVD, but that you were feeling a bit overwhelmed. Then you posted here about trying to find some sort of kundalini-type breathing practice.

Regardless which practice you wish to adopt, pick one and stick with it for at least 90 days -- be it S-M or embryonic breathing or SFQ or baqua or standing post or Mo Pai or yoga or taichi, to name just a few. Any other approach is unlikely to give you a fair assessment of the system and whether it is what you are looking for. 90 to 100 days isn't enough to really learn any system but is enough to get a feel for them.

Make sense?

If it sounded like I was jumping on you, wu_wei, I apologize. Very shortly before opening this thread, you had posted in the current S-M thread that you had started trying to figure out the sitting practice from the book and that you were awaiting the arrival of your DVD, but that you were feeling a bit overwhelmed. Then you posted here about trying to find some sort of kundalini-type breathing practice. Regardless which practice you wish to adopt, pick one and stick with it for at least 90 days -- be it S-M or embryonic breathing or SFQ or baqua or standing post or Mo Pai or yoga or taichi, to name just a few. Any other approach is unlikely to give you a fair assessment of the system and whether it is what you are looking for. 90 to 100 days isn't enough to really learn any system but is enough to get a feel for them. Make sense?

It is nice to see any clarification on the reason for your response... but I would think if he wanted to talk about the S-M problems/issue, then he would start a thread on it.

This does not appear to be that thread.

But as you used my post to reply to, but appear to want to appeal to the OP... I'll accept this kind of reply... but I hope we can respect the OP's topic.

• Like 1