Sign in to follow this  
Oolong Rabbit

New to the forum

Hello all,

I have been reading the forums for a while, and finally signed up to participate in some of the conversations . My background is primarily in Western philosophy although I am starting to chew through the mound of books I have been buying on taoism and tai chi. My whole life I have been searching for some sort of meaning to our existence (which led me to study philosophy), and I finally feel I have found the path for me in Taoism.

At present I am a regular practicioner of Taoist Tai Chi. I have practiced various "hard" martial arts for about 10 years, but always sensed that there were was something lacking. I eventually stumbled upon Aikido, but in retrospect I wasn't mentally or spiritually mature enough. After several years of not practicing, I wanted something more spiritual. I no longer had any interest in the ability to "hurt" people. That is what eventually brought me to tai chi, which has in turn opened up a whole new world of ideas to me.

That is my story in a nutshell, and I look forward to chatting with you fine people :D

It's so enjoyable to read people's intro stories. So varied, yet so much to relate to.

Welcome!

Oolong Rabbit. Love your name.
Yup. Defintely gets entry to the annual "Cutest Name Contest".

Sign in to follow this