4bsolute

Why does Hindu and Tibetan call Sexual Energy LOST after Ejaculation?

I am learning constantly more about the Tantric practices from the Tibetans and also from Hindiusm. My latest and third approach is ancient Egypt.

Quoting:

Most people in the world are ignorant about what happens to their sexual energy after they have an orgasm. Usually, the energy moves up the spine and out the top of the head directly into the eighth or thirteenth chakra (same chakra, different system). In a few rare cases, the sexual energy is released down the spine into the hidden center below the feet, the point opposite the one above the head. In either case, the sexual energy — the concentrated life-force energy called prana in Hinduism — is dissipated and lost. It is similar to discharging a battery into a ground wire. It is no longer in the battery and so it is gone forever. This is what all the world's Tantric systems that I am aware of believe, that orgasm brings one a little closer to death because a person loses his or her life-force energy in the orgasm and is made weaker. But the Egyptians found long ago that it does not have to be this way.

It is for this reason that the Hindu and Tibetan Tantra systems ask the male to avoid ejaculating. Instead, they speak of these tiny invisible tubes where, when a student learns to control the orgasm and the flow of their sexual energy, the sperm migrates up to the higher centers.

Both of these systems, and also the Chinese Taoist Tantra system, are all primarily concerned with the sexual energy flow, sometimes referred to as ''sexual currents.'' They are primarily concerned with what happens as the sexual energy is moved before the orgasm, but they all have entirely different views of this energy compared to the Egyptians.

The Egyptians believed that orgasm is healthy and necessary, including the release of sperm in males, but that the sexual energy currents must be controlled in a deeply esoteric procedure that is unlike any other system. They believed that if this energy is controlled, the human orgasm becomes a source of infinite pranic energy that is not lost. They believe that the entire Mer-Ka-Ba or lightbody (the field of energy surrounding and interpenetrating the body) benefits from this sexual release. They even believe that under the right conditions the orgasm will directly lead to eternal life, and that the ankh is the key.

The whole article if you are interested: http://www.spiritofmaat.com/archive/apr1/ankhing.htm

I love to destroy our modern approach to life and how we made so many things artificial and brought them so far away from their origin. Overcomplicating things mostly. Rediscovering what is really true by going inside my being.

I was a little bit baffled myself when I talked with a female friend of mine about cultivating sexual energy as a male by not having an Orgasm in terms of Ejaculation, when she indicated that retracting the sperm is not actually natural at all.

Which it actually isn't. I had to agree after contemplating about it. Retraction is literally a denial of my own existance as integral part of Life. Life does not retract anything from you, you are in a constant flow of receiving. The only one who blocks him- or herself off of this flow is your Free Will, misguided by the egoic mind.

If we want to come more into Alignment with our Higher Consciousness how can we retain something of such a natural process? To me this actually feels like High Treason. All my senses are highly on a notion of "DONT DO IT" when I am before an ejaculation and attempt to retain the sperm.

Why is it that in these Tantric Practices of the Tibetans and the Hindus they actually speak of LOSING something. How close-minded and influencial can someone put information for you to apply??

Since there is an Infnite Flow of energy all around us, how can we LOSE something? Speaking of LOSING this sexual energy which then goes to the 8th and 13th Chakra. Which is connected to a Greater Universal aspect of us. Losing means destroying what we have. Since we have complete authority on a Higher Aspect, since we Are this Higher Aspect and we there Have or "can" Have everything - how can we Lose? Losing is a huge, huge misconception.

Understand me correctly: Cultivating Sexual Energy is key. No doubt. But with every fiber of my being I am told that it is wrong to reject or to retain. Ever. Wrong in a sense of holism.

I am not quite sure.. where this is going... but all I know is, there is much fishyness going on in so many teachings....

edit: typo

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

Some daoists say the same actually.

Others disagree. There are some threads on this forum about this.

Some daoists say the same actually.

Others disagree. There are some threads on this forum about this.

are there? interesting. Let me search for them..

the ancient egyptian technique is what the ankh represents. and what the christian cross was stolen from. it represents the body and the heart. during an orgasim for males hold the pc muscle and anus tight, for females the vaginal cavity and anus. but not to tight, as the orgaism comes channel the energy to the heart while deep breathing(rythmicly)while it flows to the heart "ankh it"(loop it) from the back all the way over the head and back inside the heart. focus on that flow of energy throught the orgasim. for more information on semen retention/injaculation and the like, and for females good kegle exercises and more check out THE TAO OF SEXOLOGY BY STEPHEN T. CHANG

there are also videos on the heart by Drunvalo Malchizedek

• Like 2

oh and to answer more of the question, its because after not utilizing sexual energy properley you will be locked out of the dantiens full abilities for a while 3-4 days or less depending on your level of practice. its really in the charge of the dantien. after some time without having an orgasim thecharge starts to get really high. haveing an orgasim drains that charge and a really good orgasim will kill the charge completly. also theres the loss of seminal fluid which when full is the equavalent of 6 full course meals worth of nutrients. the body has to compensate by draining its own energy and nutrients to keep up. but theres more information int the book mentioned above.

In the book Secrets of Dragon Gate, Steven Liu talks about moderation in ejaculation, which depends on age.

If you want, I can give more information. There is a guideline, for instance 3-5 times per week for males age 20-30. But he says, more importantly, is making sure your energy isn't depleted afterwards. I know for a fact that moderate sex or masturbation can really help balance my energy levels. There was times where I had sex or masturbation twice or thrice a day and, as enjoyable as it was, I would be very drained for the next day or two.

Women are told to masturbate "as needed" since this increases their energy whereas ejaculation depletes men. Sometimes I hold my penis and breath with it - which really helps balance my hormones and brain. Try it! We are so wired to associate genitals with "SEX" which in our sexually inhibited culture is correlated with "DIRTY" or "BAD." So touching your genitals and breathing with it can re-wire our brains and relationship to our sacred creation-organ.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 7

Since there is an Infnite Flow of energy all around us, how can we LOSE something?

It is about Quantity of a specific kind of Energy.

Some are not produced in large amount in short time but build

up over longer time and accumulation.

So as the amount is little and the time to gather takes its effort

it is consider a "Lost".

Remember that energy is not energy but differs in frequency.

The capacity the human unit can hold and the abillity to process

energy from the Infinite Flow is for some kind of energy very little.

So the ancients found that celibacy is the best solution arcording

their understanding and expirience - or to limit the coitus.

Others still want to do it but cultivate at the same time

so they to bend the rules.

If others have better solution : Lucky them, as they were not.

It seems that specific spiritual" goals needs this energy and so

having energy running into "8th- 13 th Chakra"

(which even the books not speak of when esoteric teaching considering

underground, hidden or secret only having 7 Main Chakra and rarely

talk about a 8th one. The work on the 7 Main seem more important

than the higher centeres as the lower seem to need development.

It is important to see when this book came out first)

is "lost" then it seems the energy should have a different purpose

in the 1-7 Chakra from this systems view.

Also some teachers say it is funny to talk about the mens little fluid

as it has little sexual energy compared to what is in the whole body,

concentrated yes.

• Like 2

I was a little bit baffled myself when I talked with a female friend of mine about cultivating sexual energy as a male by not having an Orgasm in terms of Ejaculation, when she indicated that retracting the sperm is not actually natural at all.

Yes, retracting the sperm is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. It also accomplishes nothing useful.

This being said...mind celibacy is a good thing. Too much ejaculation (about every third day and under) is obviously harmful. I think there are benefits for aiming for every 7 days, if you can't accomplish total celibacy, which would be ideal...there's actually a cool testosterone study about that.

And I think actual love making in a relationship is totally good, especially if you have a teacher.

Edited by turtle shell
  • Like 2

Yes, retracting the sperm is one of the worst things you can do to yourself. It also accomplishes nothing useful.

Yep.

No need to worry, just go with what feels right for you.

All this sex vodoo is just trivia unless your goals are very specific.

• Like 1

Yep.

No need to worry, just go with what feels right for you.

All this sex vodoo is just trivia unless your goals are very specific.

I would agree with that. Not that self-control is not important or beneficial, but extremes are not beneficial to practice. Moderation is key. Especially, I find, with "basic" desires such eating, sleeping, warmth/shelter, sex and intimacy, socializing. For instance, too much shelter and one is a hermit. Too little shelter and one becomes a crazy homeless person. I think sex should not be the focus of practice, but a natural side-effect of cultivated goodness.

Edited by futuredaze
  • Like 1

Misperceptions ... abound.

I am an Egypto - nut . I am also have been initiate of western tantric tradition.

I have never been happy with the sperm retention view. This is because sperm is a substance that carries the energy, to see it as the energy itself , or 'un-extractible' from the energy, IMO is a mistake.

The essence of alchemical process (external and internal) is circulation : extraction : mixing ( Tao: Yin : Yang ). The energy must be circulated first , by self then in partnership (again, partnership with self or another) . If procreation is desired the energy and sperm is ejacted (Into an appropriate 'vessel') for the creation of new consciousness. If this is not the intention then, during internal circulation, the energy is extracted from the sperm, now the sperm is just a material substance, there is no need to retain the form (and now some see it as 'qlippoth') so it is ejacted as a 'waste product' or 'no longer needed medium'

The extracted energy is further circulated and worked as a type of 'fountain technique'.

Don't ask me why but in many (all ? ) systems, circulation adds (refines, aligns, potentises ) 'energy' . Hence , energy is gained. It can be circulated by self or in tandem to further increase (but that is rather intimate ).

The healthy body will not be depleted of such energy as it does not produce it, it is a channel for it, and it taps an infinite source. The physical substances can easily be replenished in a healthy person with good diet ... of course the middle way (moderation) applies.

Forcing physical sperm back into the body is not particularly health IMO and the above woman comments re the natural processes seem valid (and interesting, I have met more than one woman that disdains sperm retention :D )

Of course, the whole thing can work without ejaculation, the male orgasm can cycle and come to the whole process (the 'fountain technique') by disconnecting the orgasm process from the physical ejaculation process , and just work with the energy instead (and thus having contraceptive benefits as well (errmmm ...practice with a condom on or a sterilised woman first ;) )

I have met more than one unsterilized woman that does not disdain this process ( actually throw in a double fountain technique and they :o ).

Just curious now .... what is the woman's perspective on this, i.e. on the above ... and what is the woman's perspective on their internal process? (Any Tantric Priestess out there? )

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 2

A friend of mine would always say "In order to get energy, you have to give energy"

This applies to everything. At work, at home, in the bedroom, with friends, family, workmates.

Very effective in western culture. Work your butt off. Give, give, give.

You will become super-charged. Bursting full of energy.

The result is that as soon as you close your eyes, your consciousness automatically shifts. Not one second of meditation is necessary.

"Meditation alone is like spiritual wanking, its the work you do out in the world that counts, the service you give to your fellow human beings. This is the most important"

Of course, the whole thing can work without ejaculation, the male orgasm can cycle and come to the whole process (the 'fountain technique') by disconnecting the orgasm process from the physical ejaculation process , and just work with the energy instead (and thus having contraceptive benefits as well (errmmm ...practice with a condom on or a sterilised woman first ;) )

People in relationships might want to look into the thing Catholics do, "Natural Family Planning".

• Like 1

Just curious now .... what is the woman's perspective on this, i.e. on the above ... and what is the woman's perspective on their internal process? (Any Tantric Priestess out there? )

From my perspective from lots of "field experience", I would say there is definitely an energy to the sperm. Great stuff for sex magic too! Now the combination of the 2 elixirs works even better IMO.

Saving it up? I say whatever works for the person. I have friends (who are guys) who have been cultivation in various ways for a few decades. Some of whom prefer retention, and others who prefer to just keep it how it comes out naturally so to speak. I would say that neither seem to be lacking in any way from an energy, power, cultivation perspective.

I have also (from said "field research") found that forgoing the various retention stuff during the actual sex bit is far more fun! However saving up for a few (like 2-3?) days beforehand can be *wow* for the partner!

Now my own personal experiences with retention or not are quite shunned (loudly even) on these forums, so I no longer discuss them.

• Like 1

Khandro Nyingthig says very clearly that ejaculate is simply a waste fluid and totally neutral like "cows saliva".

Muktananda Swami said a very different thing: treat semen as you would $100; you don't go throwing $100 away left right and centre. Unrestrained ejaculation leads to loss of ojas, and thereafter lost of health.

Hua Ching Ni took an even harder line: he said that if you let your fluids turn to semen in the first place, through sexual arousal, then the energy is lost.

Now I've studied this issue further, I think Hua Ching Ni is correct; he was emphasising the importance of (as one poster has already described as "mental celibacy") Brahmacharya. From my experience, your efforts at semen retention are doomed, and may lead to unhealthy events, if you don't discipline your mind so that it no longer craves sexual pleasure. A very hard task in an age where celibacy is treated as a sign of inadequacy rather than strength. But well worth the effort in order to achieve greater liberty.

Edited by altiora
  • Like 3

Muktananda Swami said a very different thing: treat semen as you would $100; you don't go throwing $100 away left right and centre. Unrestrained ejaculation leads to loss of ojas, and thereafter lost of health.

Hua Ching Ni took an even harder line: he said that if you let your fluids turn to semen in the first place, through sexual arousal, then the energy is lost.

Now I've studied this issue further, I think Hua Ching Ni is correct; he was emphasising the importance of (as one poster has already described as "mental celibacy") Brahmacharya. From my experience, your efforts at semen retention are doomed, and may lead to unhealthy events, if you don't discipline your mind so that it no longer craves sexual pleasure. A very hard task in an age where celibacy is treated as a sign of inadequacy rather than strength. But well worth the effort in order to achieve greater liberty.

:)

Muktananda Swami said a very different thing: treat semen as you would $100; you don't go throwing $100 away left right and centre.

"Treat semen as shit.

Just as you poop, you must also ejaculate." -RongzomFan

Edited by RongzomFan
  • Like 1

Here is some more info. Maybe some truth to it.........

Mr. Oscar Uzcategui, “Gnostic Ontology”
(source: http://www.vopus.org/en/gnosis/alchemy/sexuality-and-masturbation-sexual-education.html)

Q.: On the subject of masturbation, I have heard classes of sexual education and there we have been told that masturbation is healthy and necessary. What are the views of the Gnostics on this?

A.
: Well, let me tell you that ‘the road to Hell is paved with good intentions’. The asylums are filled with masturbators who damaged their nervous systems abusing of sexuality, through masturbation. Masturbation produces, in the long run, early ejaculation in men, because they accustomed their sexual system to react to mental images that they themselves produced and when they have to deal with a normal sexual relationship, they can barely maintain the erection, because their sphincters do not resist the sexual contact; and this produces bitterness in the marriage, dissatisfaction and infidelities. In many cases the man who got used to masturbation later becomes impotent, because he destroys some nervous threads of his brain and is unable to consummate a normal sexual relationship. So you see how “beneficial” masturbation is. I must also add that masturbation causes psychological damage in young boys and girls, as well as personality disorders, lack of will power, shyness, melancholy and this is why, at times, masturbation has been named a solitary vice.

In his work, the father of contemporary Gnostic anthropology Samael Aun Weor says the following on this subject:

…The energetic cellar of the sexual center is also plundered by the various psychological aggregates. From an early age, the child begins with the vice of masturbation, thus losing fundamental elements for his development, such as lecithin, cholesterin and phosphates. Here begins the via crucis (road of the cross) of the human being. The profound ignorance in which the humanity is living makes this centre the most prejudiced one of all…

• Like 3

oh and to answer more of the question, its because after not utilizing sexual energy properley you will be locked out of the dantiens full abilities for a while 3-4 days or less depending on your level of practice. its really in the charge of the dantien. after some time without having an orgasim thecharge starts to get really high. haveing an orgasim drains that charge and a really good orgasim will kill the charge completly. also theres the loss of seminal fluid which when full is the equavalent of 6 full course meals worth of nutrients. the body has to compensate by draining its own energy and nutrients to keep up. but theres more information int the book mentioned above.

Now tell my sex-hungry girlfriend...

I really need to get into tantra ASAP.

@Chegg: Jesus Christ - thank you for providing all of these quotes. I will read through it in the blink of an eye.

PS: If you treat your excrements worthy of what they are - then you can also treat your semen like 'shit'.

PPS: It's fascinating how weak my back gets and how much I slouch after a regular orgasm. One month of cultivating is truely the peak atm. Would I not have girlfriend it surely would extend to an infinite amount.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 2

Absolutely. We can replenish!

For sure, but why do we even want to replenish? It's like being an infant all life long.

Have you ever start cultivating? You feel inside yourself that you are maturing on a somewhat soul-like level. This is growing out. Not our worldly: I have x-cars, y-house, z-wife and dont even know who I am.

Taoism speaks of cultivating like preparing your spaceship to finally get out of this orbit again. Why finally? I have no idea. I want to know! I feel like reincarnation is true. I dont even studdy Buddhism and very less of Taoism, but everything just makes sense the more you cultivate and learn about energies.. waves.. vibrations.. universal laws. It's quite simple, when you get there from time to time.. at least it doesnt feel like rocket-science to me. Might be an adapting.

The Hawaiians say that you can not access your Higher Self without having accessed your Lower Self. And even 'asked for permission' to lift off, so to speak. I am yet to find out what this Lower Self (not judgemental) is. 'They say' it's my consciousness connected to your consciousness connected to the entire human consciousness, connected to the earth's consciousness. That is the Lower Self. Makes sense that when you are 'in' your Lower Self, that you can predict everything that is happening on this planet and get everything from this planet, whatever you want, simply because you are more fully 'it'.

Edited by 4bsolute
  • Like 1