Sign in to follow this  
damien

changing water into fire, and fire back into water

Hi all, I'm still very new to Taoism in general, but have been experimenting with / attempting to learn the 'Microcosmic Orbit' meditation, getting more sensitive to, and circulating, the chi up the back channel, and down the front channel. Anyway, this morning I had already raised the energy up to the extent I felt able, had swirled it around in my head, and was letting myself relax, and using visualization to help get in touch with the sensation (and thus the energy), so as to help let the energy flow back down again (via the front), first into the third eye, then down the connecting tongue and on to the thymus, then down to the heart, then down to the solar plexus, then down to the navel, into which I swirled around and visualized / felt the energy getting 'stored'. And it occurred to me that, as the energy rises it is Yang, fire; but when it descends again, it is Yin, water; and that somehow, the body / energy system turns water into fire (from the perineum point on) and fire into water (from the third eye point on).

I've got a long way to go with learning this, but as I was doing the visualization to help let the energy flow back down, I used the idea of a waterfall, with the energy flowing down in that way...and I recalled that, when it had been rising up the spine (just before), it ascended and had felt more 'bright', energetic. And now as it falls, it is softer, more nurturing, descending gently like water...and I thought, "it's as though water is turned into fire, and then fire back into water".

Just a thought for the day

:)

microcosmic-orbit-meditation.gif

Edited by Zed

Hello Zed,

Welcome to the Tao Bums. Congratulations on your apparent progress with the Microcosmic Orbit, or MCO as they usually call it here.

Since you are new here you are not completely familiar with our structure. This section was created so that Tao Bums with an interest in Western traditions could post and while pretty much all of us who post here are well versed in Daoist meditation you might find a better response in the section called 'Taoist Discussion'. You can have this moved there if you like by contacting one of our mods. Apech is in charge of this section, but Baquakicksass can also help too. You can contact them through private message and they can move it if you want.

Again, welcome to the Tao Bums and I hope you find your time here fruitful.

• Like 3

Sign in to follow this