DaoDude23

Sup Taoist Homies

Hi All I am glad to find a nice Taoist forum to further my knowledge and understanding of the subject. I hope we are all well.

I have read several books on Taoist and I believe I have a basic grasp of the core principals. what I would like to ask some of the more experienced Taoists is "How can I start practicing Taoist in my daily life?" I know this is probably a bit of an odd question as a Taoist should be like water, effortless action and all that jazz but is there anything I can do (I already meditate) to try out the practice?

Many Thanks, I know I am some what a newb to the ideas of Taoist so please bare with me.

Peace out !

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums. Your question regarding how to practice taoism in your daily life could well bring you as meany different answers as there are members of the forum. As the Lobby is really only for introductions you may well be best to post your question in the Taoist Discussion Section.

Before starting your post however please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/. This covers all that you need be aware of to start posting.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang.

Practicing Qi Gong and Meditation is a good way to practice Taoism.

My 2 cents, Peace

After having read a few pop-tao books, joining Taoist Depot (remember that one?) and thinking I was a 'taoist', a new acquaintance said, 'If you want to know what Daoism is, learn Qigong'. That was about 15 years ago and remains the best advice I've ever got on the subject. Still learning, still practicing ...

Edited by soaring crane
  • Like 1

After having read a few pop-tao books, joining Taoist Depot (remember that one?) and thinking I was a 'taoist', a new acquaintance said, 'If you want to know what Daoism is, learn Qigong'. That was about 15 years ago and remains the best advice I've ever got on the subject. Still learning, still practicing ...

Indeed. IMO Taoism is a practice much like Zen, it is experientially based rather than a contrived system of ideology that needs to be followed or a system of philosophical ideals.

My 2 cents, Peace

Edited by OldChi
  • Like 2

DaoDude23,

Besides QiQong (Chi Kung) and Meditation.

Being yaself and being willing to grow will help

a Daoist lifestyle is about self cultivation

Welcome 2 Tao Bums Dude..................

No ego, control desires, don't let them control you, slow your mind (way of thinking), deal with all issues and move on. Then focus on living in Love, peace, and harmony with nature, universe, God, yourself, and others. Think happy, live happy. Overcome and deal with negativity and never let it invade your space. Watch what you eat, listen to, see (movies, tv), speak with love and not hate. Practice daily these things along with exercises you will merge well the spirit/mind and body. There you will find yourself.

Peace to you. _/|\_

Besides QiQong (Chi Kung)

I`m sorry, but qi gong never was in the middle of Taoism. Qi gong is auxiliary, supporting methods of the preparatory stage in the neidan.

Nowadays we can see many schools of qi gong only. QG is good to keep your health, or to do first steps in the practice, but only if it`s old enough, tested and can be trusted. And it must be free from the modern interpretations and deleterious methods, based on the speculation on neidan terms and profanation, not understanding the difference and real meaning (practice called Micro Cosmic Orbit, for example, is one of those speculations).

So qi gong is a sidewalk behind neidan, and religion and\or philosophy (without practice) is far far away sidewalk :)

Best wishes,

王彗

• Like 1

I`m sorry, but qi gong never was in the middle of Taoism. Qi gong is auxiliary, supporting methods of the preparatory stage in the neidan.

Nowadays we can see many schools of qi gong only. QG is good to keep your health, or to do first steps in the practice, but only if it`s old enough, tested and can be trusted. And it must be free from the modern interpretations and deleterious methods, based on the speculation on neidan terms and profanation, not understanding the difference and real meaning (practice called Micro Cosmic Orbit, for example, is one of those speculations).

So qi gong is a sidewalk behind neidan, and religion and\or philosophy (without practice) is far far away sidewalk :)

Best wishes,

王彗

i neva said that CHI QONG was in the middle of Taoism

did you even read my post and if so did you understand it

i meant that along with Chi Qong one needs to be willin to grow and be who they :D:):D