Sign in to follow this  
sean

New software and features!

Well, I acquired Invision Power Board with all the works. :P

Now we can have proper Training Blogs, a member Gallery, Live Chat, a portal home page, and lot's of other goodies.

It's still a big work in progress but I couldn't resist launching it.

The transition was mostly seemless but some things didn't carry over from the old forum.

Unfortunately I couldn't transfer the Training Blogs into the new Blog structure. Maybe when I get more experienced with PHP I can figure out how to move the data. But for now you'll need to start a brand new Blog. Go to My Controls>My Blog>Activate Blog to start your own blog. The you can go to "Blogs" and start posting entries.

The threaded structure of the old forum was unfortunately lost. But the plus is that this forum has a threaded feature that is much faster and better integrated into the system. So going forward your posts will have a threaded hierarchy.

Avatars, attachments and some smilies were lost. I'll keep the old forum up for a little while for the purpose of letting people go and grab their avatars and reupload them here, and do the same with attachments. You should be able to just edit old posts of yours that are missing attachments and add them again.

The old site is here: http://www.thetaobums.com/oldsite/

I'll be putting in some hours over the weekend restoring avatars and attachments and cleaning up the template. This was actually a lot of work.

What else ... Articles will now go in the Articles forum. If you post in there, your post will await moderation and if it's actually a contributed article of relevance and not spam it will be approved. [Yoda, I'm going to convert your article to this forum tonight]

News and Announcements is the same way. If you post in this forum it will hang out until approved basically as relevant-non-spam and then it will get posted and automatically syndicated to the front page.

"Links" will be back soon.

Constructive feedback, bug reports, questions, etc. are welcome.

Enjoy!

Sean

Looking really good Sean. Lots of play value! I'll be awake all night now checking it out, damn!

Looking really good Sean. Lots of play value! I'll be awake all night now checking it out, damn!

2094[/snapback]

Thanks! Yeah, lots' of fun stuff. My head is still swimming with all the features. :blink:

Sean.

Thanks! Yeah, lots' of fun stuff. My head is still swimming with all the features.  :blink:

Sean.

2096[/snapback]

MAN YA OUT-DID YERSELF THIS TIME!!!

NOW TAOBUMS BE DA COOLEST TAO BUM FORUM IN DA GALAXY!!!

NOW WE BETTER WRITE SUM TRUE SHIT IN HERE!!!!

BYE NOW,

RJ

MAN YA OUT-DID YERSELF THIS TIME!!!

NOW TAOBUMS BE DA COOLEST TAO BUM FORUM IN DA GALAXY!!!

NOW WE BETTER WRITE SUM TRUE SHIT IN HERE!!!!

Thanks Ron! Yeah it was a bit of work. I hope everyone likes it.

PS - You're Popeye animations are hilarious. :D

Sean.

Thanks Ron! Yeah it was a bit of work. I hope everyone likes it.

PS - You're Popeye animations are hilarious.  :D

Sean.

2099[/snapback]

HEY TAOBUMMASTER, I AM HAVIN A GRIEF PUTTIN UP AN ARTICCLE IN DA ARTICCLES FORRUM. I PRE-VEW IT ALLRIGHTIE BUT THEN I SUBMIT IT BUT DA MOFO DONT SHOW UP. WTF???

HEY TAOBUMMASTER, I AM HAVIN A GRIEF PUTTIN UP AN ARTICCLE IN DA ARTICCLES FORRUM. I PRE-VEW IT ALLRIGHTIE BUT THEN I SUBMIT IT BUT DA MOFO DONT SHOW UP. WTF???

I should have been clearer on the forum descriptions. Contributed Articles is for article submissions relevant to cultivation written exclusively for TaoBums by a Tao Bum. :P

I'll move your article to Taoist Discussion if you want though.

Sean.

Now we can have proper Training Blogs, a member Gallery, Live Chat, a portal home page, and lot's of other goodies.

what??? no singles' service????

I should have been clearer on the forum descriptions. Contributed Articles is for article submissions relevant to cultivation written exclusively for TaoBums by a Tao Bum.

so does this mean that if we write something for taobums, we can not later submit it to empty vessel or qi magazine or include it in our own book or website? i just wanna be clear about this in order to avoid contoversy or confusion later. not like i'm some big taoist author guy or anything.

also, please define the parameters for "cultivation."

Neat stuff, my kudos on all the work you've done.

2179[/snapback]

Thank you Michael. There've been some grueling all nighters for sure, but I'm pretty happy with how everything is turning out.

Thanks again.

Sean.

Sign in to follow this