Sign in to follow this  
mike 134

would this strange grounding technique work ?

Hi guys,

I see people doing "lock" techniques to squeeze up chi/kundalini. They contract the PC muscles, then the abdomen, then bend their head downward before rolling their eyes up. Of course, being somebody with kundalini syndrome, I have no interest in squeezing it up, since it goes up spontaneously on its own. Instead, I am wondering if it is possible to reverse those moves in order to squeeze it down??

This is what I have in mind. Each step is done sequentially while standing, the whole thing takes less than 5 seconds:

1. Start at the top by tensing the head muscles and looking downward

2. Tense the neck muscles

3. Tense the intercostal (chest) muscles, while rolling the arms downward

4. Tense the abdomen inward

5. Valsalva manuever (its what you do when you urinate to squeeze out those last drops of urine)

Basically every step raises the pressure above the perineum, so that chi flows downward. It's the theoretical opposite of those yoga locks I mentioned above which creates pressure on the bottom (starting with PC muscle contraction). So if those locks squeeze chi upward, then the moves I described should squeeze chi downward. I've tried it myself this morning but I am already feeling grounded, so I can't tell the difference. But just from reading the steps I outlined, do you guys think that these moves can at least theoretically bring about a quick ground ? Please comment, thanks.

Edited by mike 134

Going for a jog, or horse stance would serve you MUCH better.

Definitely not a good idea to go messing with that sort of stuff above, especially if changing it up. Also good to have a teacher to watch your progress and make sure things don't get worse... which is possible with that sort of thing.

• Like 1

That feels more like fighting kundalini than grounding.

Being grounded is a state where you can stand strong qi flows more easily, not where you force those qi flows down.

Going for a jog, or horse stance would serve you MUCH better.

I jog (actually, run) every day. The horse stance doesn't really work.

That feels more like fighting kundalini than grounding.

Being grounded is a state where you can stand strong qi flows more easily, not where you force those qi flows down.

Fighting kundalini ? Forcing qi to flow down ? Hey that sounds like exactly what I need. What do you know about this and where can I learn more ? Please tell me, thanks.

Fighting kundalini ? Forcing qi to flow down ? Hey that sounds like exactly what I need. What do you know about this and where can I learn more ? Please tell me, thanks.

As turtle shell says.

IMHO it's not what you need but what you should avoid.

I took KAP course a couple years back but I know nothing really, 'knowledge' doesn't count here much anyway....

Your best bet is to consult with someone who has the knowledge and experience and is capable of teaching/helping others with kundalini, Seth Ananda from this forum or the KAP teachers come to mind, I don't know much about others.

• Like 1

My advice is, that if you've thought this up by yourself and haven't confirmed it with someone who has experience with kundalini and stuff like this, than don't do it. You can cause great damage to yourself not just mentaly but physically as well. It'd be best to seek help from someone who knows their way around in this field. If you have kundalini illness then you without a doubt know the power or kundalini, and you know it's not really something you'd want to mess around with.

Hi guys,

I see people doing "lock" techniques to squeeze up chi/kundalini. They contract the PC muscles, then the abdomen, then bend their head downward before rolling their eyes up. Of course, being somebody with kundalini syndrome, I have no interest in squeezing it up, since it goes up spontaneously on its own. Instead, I am wondering if it is possible to reverse those moves in order to squeeze it down??

This is what I have in mind. Each step is done sequentially while standing, the whole thing takes less than 5 seconds:

1. Start at the top by tensing the head muscles and looking downward

2. Tense the neck muscles

3. Tense the intercostal (chest) muscles, while rolling the arms downward

4. Tense the abdomen inward

5. Valsalva manuever (its what you do when you urinate to squeeze out those last drops of urine)

Basically every step raises the pressure above the perineum, so that chi flows downward. It's the theoretical opposite of those yoga locks I mentioned above which creates pressure on the bottom (starting with PC muscle contraction). So if those locks squeeze chi upward, then the moves I described should squeeze chi downward. I've tried it myself this morning but I am already feeling grounded, so I can't tell the difference. But just from reading the steps I outlined, do you guys think that these moves can at least theoretically bring about a quick ground ? Please comment, thanks.

Edited by LeoViridis
  • Like 1

It just seems to me that every single downward technique is passive and slow. Rest, relax, hot bath, message etc. But upward techniques are unfortunately active and fast. If somebody or something pisses me off in even a minor way (like being stuck in traffic), I have an instant bout of rage which causes a surge to my head, and it takes a loooooong time to settle down. I'm looking for instant downward moves that can counteract these events. I am an active high energy person, always thinking and doing, and I don't WANT to relax. I follow up on a stressful workday by pounding it out in the gym while listening to loud music, not lighting candles and listening to smooth jazz.

I posted about this months earlier and ppl were suggesting horse stance, but it simply does not work. For the last few months I have been doing trial and error experiments with twisting and turning my back, moving my neck in weird positions, doing self invented breathing techniques, etc. Practically everything I try either does nothing or it causes something to flow upward into my head. Teachers that I met on skype really have not been helpful and have been a waste of money. I've even had somebody say the can solve all my issues with "distance rieki energy healing" on skype for $200. WTF ???

Nah I'm not afraid of messing myself up, I'm already messed up lol.

So everything you do, isn't working...and everything which works, you're unwilling to practice. :lol:

For something that requires absolutely no discipline, get acupuncture...maybe it will balance you out a little.

• Like 5

<snip>

QFT

• Like 1

QFT

LOL!

Please humor me (I feel old on this) but what does this mean?

QFT may stand for:

Quadratic Frobenius test, a primality test

QuantiFERON, a test for tuberculosis infection or latent tuberculosis

Quantitative feedback theory

Quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics applied to fields

Quantum Fourier transform, a Fourier transform acting on quantum bits

Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland

In Internet slang, an abbreviation for quoted for truth (used when quoting someone with similar views as yours).

It just seems to me that every single downward technique is passive and slow. Rest, relax, hot bath, message etc. But upward techniques are unfortunately active and fast. If somebody or something pisses me off in even a minor way (like being stuck in traffic), I have an instant bout of rage which causes a surge to my head, and it takes a loooooong time to settle down. I'm looking for instant downward moves that can counteract these events. I am an active high energy person, always thinking and doing, and I don't WANT to relax. I follow up on a stressful workday by pounding it out in the gym while listening to loud music, not lighting candles and listening to smooth jazz.

I posted about this months earlier and ppl were suggesting horse stance, but it simply does not work. For the last few months I have been doing trial and error experiments with twisting and turning my back, moving my neck in weird positions, doing self invented breathing techniques, etc. Practically everything I try either does nothing or it causes something to flow upward into my head. Teachers that I met on skype really have not been helpful and have been a waste of money. I've even had somebody say the can solve all my issues with "distance rieki energy healing" on skype for $200. WTF ???

There is a bit of a risk of you going to war with yourself if you are directly trying to counter where your energy goes, so it might be better to just carry on getting angry etc but do it with awareness, so feel the anger as energy and sensation, which may make it worse but the key is to be aware enough to see any stories or beliefs you are adding to that pure sensation, then it will pass if the mind doesn't follow through with its beliefs around that sensation. Meditating on impermanence may help in this regard.

Without being dominated by the stories and beliefs we have around things like anger and fear you can even enjoy them. So it can be helpful to examine what meaning you attach to these situations and question if those meanings are really true, even a bit of doubt can be liberating.

But if you wanted to directly counter the energy to bring it down there is an exercise called flying cloud hands which sinks energy, or look at some of what Bruce Frantzis teaches much of that is about bringing it down, or massaging your feet can ground. Visualizations could help in the moment, so just visualizing a cooling waterfall or something like that may help steady things a bit. Adyashanti says that one visualization he came up with when he was trying to bring his energy down was to imagine stroking a horse, which may sound bizarre but whatever works works.

Edited by Jetsun

Please really careful, I have a student who actually seriously messed up his adrenals from practice (long before he became my student). Resulted in time in the hospital, chronic fatigue and so forth. It's taken a bit to sort out.

I have seen others get quite emotionally/psychologically unbalanced from energetic practices.

So I'd say be careful with this stuff, and stick with the basics until you get yourself all fixed up energetically. Using the qigong and so forth to repair the kundalini syndrome stuff would probably be a good first bet. A good experienced teacher, instead of random might be really new to things teacher would really help too.

I think folks are giving so many warnings because we have all seen someone come out in a bad way from altering practices...

LOL! Please humor me (I feel old on this) but what does this mean? QFT may stand for: Quadratic Frobenius test, a primality test QuantiFERON, a test for tuberculosis infection or latent tuberculosis Quantitative feedback theory Quantum field theory, the theory of quantum mechanics applied to fields Quantum Fourier transform, a Fourier transform acting on quantum bits Queen's Film Theatre, a cinema in Northern Ireland In Internet slang, an abbreviation for quoted for truth (used when quoting someone with similar views as yours).

in this case I would guess... quoted for truth.

Sign in to follow this