Mudryah

MIKE TYSON WAS NOT A REAL FIGHTER.

I always knew something wasn't right about him as I watched his fights. This is a real shame.

Edited by Mudryah

iron mike ,yeah, i saw him on the other morning talking about his book. he came across very humble and paid great respects to dempsey and ali, saying he never could imagine fighting those guys, and apparently foreman in that group as well. iron mike is still a work in process and transforming along. quite a few train wrecks along the way, i hope he has made his way past those.

from his beginnings and where he came from. his dad was a pimp and he has one photo of his mom to know her by. how can we be surprised he turned to drugs?

• Like 1

I always knew something wasn't right about him as I watched his fights. This is a real shame.

another thing that iron mike mentioned the other morning, that i found fascinating,,,

iron mike himself said that he was not a 'real fighter' and he was only an actor acting.

he put on those plain black shoes and trunks , stepped up onto the 'stage' and acted

So was he a fake fighter? How? Why?

He was high on drugs during his fights. How do you know other boxers weren't? Just because there are drug tests do not mean there are not ways to get around them.

In MMA, at the higher pro levels and some/many amateurs use drugs of every sort. I can tell you this for a fact because I was heavily involved in that world a few years ago. If there is a lot of money involved, there will be drugs. Enhancers, steroids, narcotics, etc.

This is not confined to just boxing, or mma either.

Figure skaters, golf, bodybuilding/powerlifting, tennis, football, baseball, soccer, all of it is dirty, even bicycling as we seen from Lance Armstrong lately.

Tyson was chemically enhanced, yes, but as far as saying he was not a real boxer is simply not true. Being high in the ring can perhaps give you an advantage over pain, perhaps enhance speed and cardio, but if a boxer has zero skill, drugs won't make him a champion.

I know Tyson said "he was not a real fighter" - but in the context he was speaking he is looking down at himself. The opponents he fought were real fighters and were willing to stand in front of him to get hurt or get killed.

That is real.

We can also draw similarities to, music, acting, show biz, etc.

Most of those entertainers are using drugs. To say they do not make/produce/perform music, videos, movies, etc. because they are high would be a false assumption.

Edited by SonOfTheGods
  • Like 4

I recall some sort of documentary on him and remember how very sad and tragic his life seemed... and it was my impression he was greatly manipulated by others as part of the boxing phase... maybe similarly the way Agassi has admitted how much he hated tennis but was manipulated by others and media attention, etc. I would think his book would be an interesting read.

• Like 1

This guy molested little girls and no one did anything but his ex assistant coach. Mike was not a real fighter.

Edited by Mudryah
  • Like 1

When in the media the issue is usually do we believe the accuser or the defendant. I've often times asked why someone so terrors of a possible tape would remove her panty liner? I'm still on the fence as to his guilt.

Michael Jackson is another one. Was he not a true misician? I still say Michael was innocent and have had many strange conversations with people who think he was guilty. Idk. That's the problem with being in the spotlight.

• Like 1

I recall some sort of documentary on him and remember how very sad and tragic his life seemed... and it was my impression he was greatly manipulated by others as part of the boxing phase... maybe similarly the way Agassi has admitted how much he hated tennis but was manipulated by others and media attention, etc. I would think his book would be an interesting read.

maybe, but seems to me he manipulated others quite a bit himself. Imo he was probably a great boxer, drugs or no, but he certainly hasn't been a great human being. Still where there's life there's hope. Could be he's turned himself around.

• Like 1

another thing that iron mike mentioned the other morning, that i found fascinating,,,

iron mike himself said that he was not a 'real fighter' and he was only an actor acting.

he put on those plain black shoes and trunks , stepped up onto the 'stage' and acted

Makes sense as to why he took such "all out" swings. It puts on a good show, but he managed to connect a lot of them.. there's a really bad lesson in there somewhere....

As to his guilt -- I don't think it would have mattered if he was innocent or guilty -- they would have jumped at any chance to punish him, so he might be guilty, but the verdict is far from proof in this case

• Like 1

He fought for a living, that's a fighter if you ask me. He might not have lived up to any ideals people may have for what a fighter should be, but unless that was not him in the ring, he was a fighter.

It seems all one needs to do, to be a fighter, is fight.

• Like 2

I think he's making a really good recovery considering the desperation he was at in his boxing days. He's giving us these stories of his past because he is changing from that and wants to change even more.

Edited by xor
  • Like 1