yondaime109

Eastern Philosophical arts & practices are satanic?

I would do research on dreaming. Nightmares are surprisingly normal.

Define normal lol. Yes, everybody has them...

Do you mean the paralysis/lucid ones though? My ratio compared to my girlfriend is 15:1 so I would say normal for some?

I repeat, he practices Buddhism and Taoism. He also believes in a creator God in addition to Buddha and immortals.

Then that's wrong. Tell him that no Buddha or deity is a Creator.

That's obvious, since even the Buddhas have previous lives.

Misleading statement.

Nightmares are a sign of some issue needing attention and not getting it. 'normal' implies - I think - 'healthy or 'ok' or 'nothing to concern yourself with'..

a nightmare unattended is an unheallthy and unhelpful situation.

A 'normal' ie happy healthy person is unattended by nightmares.

Nightmares are there to help you remember the dream. They are a stepping stone to lucid dreaming.

Define normal lol. Yes, everybody has them...

Do you mean the paralysis/lucid ones though? My ratio compared to my girlfriend is 15:1 so I would say normal for some?

You are activating your psychic abilities through meditating.

Nightmares are there to help you remember your dreams. Next step is lucid dreaming.

• Like 1

Well, all I can say, RF, is that -- if 70% nightmare ratio you quoted is true, some poor bastard gets way more than his share. I probably don't have an average of one per year. Haven't for as long as I can recall.

• Like 2

So what to do if you see a ghost or demon? Staying calm is one thing but dealing with it is another...

I mean, let's take lucid dreaming and controlling experience. I was conscious enough to yell words at it as I felt threatened (and why shouldn't I if it's three feet away in my room and pointing at me?) Are we supposed to just lie there and observe or kill the damn thing?

Spit on his face and tell him to get outta the way !!!!!!!!!!! :D

I never forget lucid dream many years ago where I had a vision of devil and remebered the saying :

"If you turn your back to devil he will harm you , if you face him he will dissapear . "

So I decided to face the devil that time in a dream , took a knife in my hand and stabbed him .

If you are lucid ask yourself why and what is it that you are scared of (this can be done super fast as an energetic scan or mental enquiry )? Establish and remind yourslef who you are what is the situation occuring . Remind yourslef of impermanency of all things occuring .

What is the name of your Fear ? Face it toroughly and let it go , do not keep it .

If can let go and not identify with it , your vibrations will raise naturally and any notion of demons will dissapear .

Dream/visions will dissaper with it too .

Or alternativly try and wake yourself up .

Edited by suninmyeyes
  • Like 1

Well, all I can say, RF, is that -- if 70% nightmare ratio you quoted is true, some poor bastard gets way more than his share. I probably don't have an average of one per year. Haven't for as long as I can recall.

"Sleep researchers estimate that nearly three quarters of our dream emotions are negative."

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=15778923

Edited by RongzomFan

Don't assume, Rara, that that dreamtime is totally a figment of your imagination. The curtain stretches thinner as you raise your vibrational energy.

• Like 3

Don't assume, Rara, that that dreamtime is totally a figment of your imagination. The curtain stretches thinner as you raise your vibrational energy.

exactly, just another glimpse beyond the fabric's veil of quantum awesomeness

• Like 1

I don't have many nightmares, but when I do I drop back into half-sleep and relive the situation fixing the stressful situation. They never come back.

• Like 3

70% nightmares sounds crazy. What do these people eat, how is their daily rhytm like, how do they relate to their fellow humans? ....etc

Edited by xor
  • Like 1

Although, I am still bring harassed by demons and ghosts in lucid dream states. This only began when I started meditating regularly 2 years ago and it hasn't stopped yet...even if I am meditating on love and compassion. So I would be lying if I said I wasn't concerned...

I do question my path sometimes and wonder if my practice invites evil into my life. Perhaps there are too many satanic things we delve into due to too much dabbling. After all, it is said (or advertised at entry level) that Taoism is more simple than anything and teaches harmony!

Some people 'hold' a lot in the unconscious .. for them. it is best to clear and balance that before opening 'Pandora's Box'.

• Like 1

I don't have many nightmares, but when I do I drop back into half-sleep and relive the situation fixing the stressful situation. They never come back.

I did that for years ... now I haven't had a nightmare for years, now the dreams I see are respectful and don't try to 'Lord it' over me.

I also relieved the stressful situation of someone , continually visiting me and talking weird shit (like . from my front door asking how I would deal with him if he was with his mates and they were doing a home invasion. I threw a knife I kept behind my chair into the door frame next to his head. He didn't come back with that attitude again either

I meant to add:

Another reason is that many western systems kind of suppress the unconscious and they turn the Daimonic World into the Demonic. The eastern view seems more liberal, natural and accepting of the power of the unconscious and the Daimonic. (but it can also seem more religiously oriented hence the 'demonology' and 'miraculous ' flavours'.

Edited by Nungali
  • Like 3

Then that's wrong. Tell him that no Buddha or deity is a Creator.

That's obvious, since even the Buddhas have previous lives.

I'd hardly say he is wrong for having his own opinion.

If you listen to the NPR piece, bad dreams are there for "fear extinction" and are "healthy."

Sure, makes sense!

Spit on his face and tell him to get outta the way !!!!!!!!!!! :D

I never forget lucid dream many years ago where I had a vision of devil and remebered the saying :

"If you turn your back to devil he will harm you , if you face him he will dissapear . "

So I decided to face the devil that time in a dream , took a knife in my hand and stabbed him .

If you are lucid ask yourself why and what is it that you are scared of (this can be done super fast as an energetic scan or mental enquiry )? Establish and remind yourslef who you are what is the situation occuring . Remind yourslef of impermanency of all things occuring .

What is the name of your Fear ? Face it toroughly and let it go , do not keep it .

If can let go and not identify with it , your vibrations will raise naturally and any notion of demons will dissapear .

Dream/visions will dissaper with it too .

Or alternativly try and wake yourself up .

Haha, this is awesome. I did strangle a nasty girl demon thing once and jumped on a weird thing in a tailcoat that slid under my door. It was liberating!