SonOfTheGods

Levitating: Diamagnetism

Apply this to your understanding of Qi Gong, Yin, etc:

Levitating Foam Liquid Under the Spell of Magnetic Fields

No better solution to studying ever-draining foams than applying a strong magnetic field to keep the liquid in the foam at a standstill by levitating its water molecules

Understanding the characteristics of foam,
May gives us the ability to levitate our bodies in the future.
Its called Diamagnetism.
Basically - a way to make the liquid in foam or the water molecules, float using the diamagnetism technique.
Reverse polarity of water molecules in foam,
And control it with magnetism

Key: Our Bodies are over 90% water

Foams fascinate, partly due to their short lifespan. Foams change as fluid drains out of their structure over time. It is precisely their ephemeral nature which has, until now, prevented scientists from experimentally probing their characteristic dynamics further. Instead, foams have often been studied theoretically. Now, Nathan Isert from the University of Konstanz, Germany and colleagues, have devised a method of keeping foams in shape using a magnet, which allows their dynamics to be investigated experimentally, as recently described in The European Physical Journal E.

To find a way around the issue of drainage, the authors used the so-called diamagnetic levitation technique. This approach exploits the fact that water-which is one of the main components of foams-has a characteristic called diamagnetism. This means that water molecules can become magnetised in the opposite direction to an applied magnetic field. Hence, a strong magnetic field can be used to levitate the water in a foam within the bore of a magnet of 18 Tesla in strength. This prevents drainage and allows a very high level of liquid to be maintained in the foam.

Isert and colleagues have used this approach to study the coarsening behaviour of foams with greatly varying liquid fractions. As a result, they experimentally verified the decades-old theoretical predictions for the growth in bubble size for dry as well as liquid foams. They found that for a liquid fraction of about 30%-which corresponds to a foam with bubbles which start to no longer touch-the gas exchange between bubbles and the corresponding growth laws changes.

Next, they will study how the local microscopic dynamics influences the foam's global dynamics. This is of particular interest when the foam transitions from a liquid to a solid form.

http://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2013/11/131111091520.htm

Interesting science, but I'll eat my hat if it leads to human levitation (the body is from about 60 to at most 75% water roughly the same proportion as our planet :)). Still, sounds intriguing!

Also, isn't this the fundamental principle behind MRI scans? I'm pretty fuzzy on it but I think they reverse the polarity of I think hydrogen atoms, and their sensors pick the reversed polarity. It's only something like 0,5% of the atoms that get reversed but it's enough to create an image. (?)

• Like 1

Interesting science, but I'll eat my hat if it leads to human levitation (the body is from about 60 to at most 75% water roughly the same proportion as our planet :)). Still, sounds intriguing!

Also, isn't this the fundamental principle behind MRI scans? I'm pretty fuzzy on it but I think they reverse the polarity of I think hydrogen atoms, and their sensors pick the reversed polarity. It's only something like 0,5% of the atoms that get reversed but it's enough to create an image. (?)

Muscle is 90%+ water, the human body is as you said, 60-75% water.

Human levitation - maybe creating a suit, filled with foam, or something along them lines. Maybe the body itself, who knows? Once the science is there as the foundation, the building up towards the apex might include levitation.

• Like 1

I had a teacher that helped someone off the ceiling - basically talked him down from it.

I know it has something to do with the lower dan tien area (for me anyway) and the pelvic region as well.

I know it from stuff I have done out of body but I did not peruse it.

I vaguely remember it having to do with adjusting attractions to larger inertia's.

Edited by Spotless

The man I learned my singing bowl techniques from used to tell the story of the time people had to help him down from the ceiling. But then one day at a lunch, he went overboard and told other people that it had happened to me! I was sitting right there, in disbelief. Kept my mouth shut, but opened my eyes, to to speak ...