Blackfinger

Blackfinger saying Hello

Greetings all!

Been lurking about this forum for around 6 months, reading up plenty of interesting discussions. I did have an account under the same name previously, but it was deleted and I asked for it to be reinstated but didn't get a response :( so just decided to re-register.

I am primarily interested in Daoist neigong, internal alchemy etc, and inevitably the inflammatory Mo Pai. I have been practicing meditation for a few years, though my main path is western hermeticism. I have been drawn to Daoism because of certain synergies and crossover elements between the two ways. I believe the core forces underlying each are the same, and only the paradigms are different (and not necessarily irreconcilably so).

I have long been interested in Eastern philosophy and originally studied and practiced Zen buddhism before moving over to Daoism. I am not interested in the regious aspects of the path, so much as the tangible explanation of realities and forces within core practices.

So I'm here to find out more about things, delve deeper, contribute a bit to this great forum and hopefully make new online friends and contacts!

take care everyone, and all the best with your practices.

• Like 1

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums Blackfinger.

You will find a great deal to interest you here on all your subjects of interest from mo pai to hermeticism. However, before getting stuck in please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of before getting stuck in.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

Hello and welcome to the Tao Bums Blackfinger.

You will find a great deal to interest you here on all your subjects of interest from mo pai to hermeticism. However, before getting stuck in please take the time to read the two posts pinned at the top of the Lobby and also take a look at the forum terms and rules http://thetaobums.com/topic/19575-forum-terms-rules/ This covers all that you need be aware of before getting stuck in.

Good luck and best wishes,

Chang

Chang

Thanks very much for the welcome! It is a great resource, this forum, and am looking forward to getting more involved.

All the best