Yen Hui

Taoist Levitation

jeez..I know u are

but what is this non sense of OUTSIDE????

It's called inertial mass displacement. If you're not familiar with quantum physics, it WOULD be non-sense to you. All matter project a gravity field. In QP, this gravity field is considered positive energy. Positive energy warps the space/time surrounding the object. Which is what gives it mass/weight. Negative energy on the other hand has the reverse effect. If an object emits or projects negative energy, it warps in the space/time in the opposite effect of reducing its mass/weight. But the reduction in mass does not effect the object itself. It is only when measured by an outside observer that it would seem like the object is getting lighter. But if the object were to measure itself within the bubble/field, it would detect no change in mass.

Man, i thought people on this forum would have the same respect and manners as the buddhist forums....

It's called inertial mass displacement. If you're not familiar with quantum physics, it WOULD be non-sense to you. All matter project a gravity field. In QP, this gravity field is considered positive energy. Positive energy warps the space/time surrounding the object. Which is what gives it mass/weight. Negative energy on the other hand has the reverse effect. If an object emits or projects negative energy, it warps in the space/time in the opposite effect of reducing its mass/weight. But the reduction in mass does not effect the object itself. It is only when measured by an outside observer that it would seem like the object is getting lighter. But if the object were to measure itself within the bubble/field, it would detect no change in mass.

Man, i thought people on this forum would have the same respect and manners as the buddhist forums....

you talk crap

ya get crap

respect and manners always

but only where appropriate

peace and happy pancakes,

paul

you talk crap

ya get crap

respect and manners always

but only where appropriate

peace and happy pancakes,

paul

and how is it I'm talking crap??

and who decides when respect and manners are appropriate?

I'm sure people 1000 years ago thought those who believe the earth was round was talking crap

and they burn them at the stake for it.

It that what you mean by appropriate?

Why are we here then if not to engage in ideas and walk on the path to enlightenment?

should respect and manners be an exclusive concept to those who "deserve it?"

:huh:

there is also the connection between Ying energy and mass reduction. Many japanese scientist refer to Ying energy as "Spirit Energy" or Rei-ki. The energy that is emitted from ghost and spirits. I'm not surprised that Sifu Chang said that mastering Ying chi is the key to the spirit world. It is commonly believed in japan that when one dies, the mass/weight of one's body actually increases. This is caused by the absence of the spirit energy which leaves the body at death. The spirit energy while in the body subtracts the body's actual weight cause it's literally anti-mass/weight.

Edited by masongoliver

there is also the connection between Ying energy and mass reduction. Many japanese scientist refer to Ying energy as "Spirit Energy" or Rei-ki. The energy that is emitted from ghost and spirits. I'm not surprised that Sifu Chang said that mastering Ying chi is the key to the spirit world. It is commonly believed in japan that when one dies, the mass/weight of one's body actually increases. This is caused by the absence of the spirit energy which leaves the body at death. The spirit energy while in the body subtracts the body's actual weight cause it's literally anti-mass/weight.
Actually, Yin is Earth energy and provides structure...whereas Yang is sky energy and is good for cleansing.

I'm also not sure if your corpse gains or loses weight at death. I had only heard that it loses weight (~21 g), prior to this. However, I'm not sure there's been an accurate measurement either way..

So, I am more inclined to believe that Yin is gravitational and Yang anti-gravitational. Although perhaps you might need some Yin qi to act as a container to create a bubble of Yang qi to sit on?

I like your overall ideas here though. The real Tao has real answers and real science. It's not just a bunch of flippant bad fortune cooky nonsense.

Edited by vortex

Actually, Yin is Earth energy and provides structure...whereas Yang is sky energy and is good for cleansing.

I'm also not sure if your corpse gains or loses weight at death. I had only heard that it loses weight (~21 g), prior to this. However, I'm not sure there's been an accurate measurement either way..

So, I am more inclined to believe that Yin is gravitational and Yang anti-gravitational. Although perhaps you might need some Yin qi to act as a container to create a bubble of Yang qi to sit on?

I like your overall ideas here though. The real Tao has real answers and real science. It's not just a bunch of flippant bad fortune cooky nonsense.

lol i know huh

Edited by masongoliver

and how is it I'm talking crap??

and who decides when respect and manners are appropriate?

I'm sure people 1000 years ago thought those who believe the earth was round was talking crap

and they burn them at the stake for it.

It that what you mean by appropriate?

Why are we here then if not to engage in ideas and walk on the path to enlightenment?

should respect and manners be an exclusive concept to those who "deserve it?"

:huh:

if ya dont know

i cant tell ya

peace and happy pancakes

paul

First, I wish to be able to survive, under any and all conditions, in the wild forests and deserts of Nature. Now try to imagine yourself in the thick of a deep forest, for hundreds of miles around you; cornered by a ferocious bear, in the middle of nowhere, with no possible escape, except up, up and away. Do you suppose that the ability to levitate might just save your life under those conditions?

The ability to be wise enough to not put yourself within mauling range of a bear would be a better skill to cultivate.

It is a bit of a stretch, don't you think, to argue that if the book title is a metaphor, then the whole book - from cover to cover - is comprised of nothing but non-literal figures of speech!

It's more of a stretch to argue the need for cultivating "Taoist levitation."

Yet even more of a stretch to argue against arguing the need for cultivating "Taoist levitation."

How silly am I?

In this matter I shall defer to the wizdom of his hole-i-ness...

if ya dont know

i cant tell ya

The ability to be wise enough to not put yourself within mauling range of a bear would be a better skill to cultivate.

Yet even more of a stretch to argue against arguing the need for cultivating "Taoist levitation."

How silly am I?

In this matter I shall defer to the wizdom of his hole-i-ness...

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

jeez..I know u are

but what is this non sense of OUTSIDE????

your response of "Jeez... I know you are.." sounded sarcastic.

and when you say "Non sense..."

how is that not offensive? That's like my second post on this forum. I can see this kind of attitude in other forums. But in a taoist forum where people are supposed to be spiritual and kind with their words...?

It's easy for the person speaking to criticize the listener of being easily offended, until the same criticism is reflected back to the speaker. Why else would it bother you that i was offended?

seems like time to offer an apology

never was in my conscious mind INTENTION to cause disrespect.

actually I thought I was bringing U a little gift.

disguised as an analogy, (or a worthless "fortune cookie").

It is not the question in itself, it is the INTENTION

so my friend you are always responsible in the way you LISTEN

A reference to our lord Jesus shouldnt scare anyone..

the fact that "I know U" should be celebrated

My statement that the focus on "outside" was without sense, should not have

brought up such offense..?

Unless..of course, we are talking about some serious miuxup between Subject and topic..

and if so

I just hit the bulls eye.

Hitler had the best intentions for the world to create the perfect order. And yet his actions and words still cause offense and hurt to people. Intention without wisdom, right speech and right action means very little in the eyes of karma.

but you know what.. forget i even posted anything. All of this has nothing to do with meditation and tao practice. I wanted to share some ideas to people similar interest on this forum. Not debate on how people should be speaking and posting. This will be my last post. I'm sorry i even bothered...

...I can see this kind of attitude in other forums. But in a taoist forum where people are supposed to be spiritual and kind with their words...

"but you know what.. forget i even posted anything. "

Oh no. Not now, not ever, not only have the thoughts rippled, the letters have left your fingers. Always and forever. Silence. Observation. Mindfulness. These are taoist practice of life. Of living. Even fighting and healing. To put words before us as any type of defintion of experience is less than. In Taoist practice conservation is often times seen as prudence. If your looking to forget at least you came to the right place; you might notice a thread run tagendentally off topic to sudden realizations wordlessly shared through the mutual dialog of physics and perception. Hopefully always spontaneous yet hazard a ritual at times, prayer and positive thinking go hand in hand w/ mindlessness and forgetting yourself into the void. Disconnecting to reconnect. The metaphysical truths taught through the study and practice of the dissolotion of subject-object connections results in a tanganble medium of workable speaking nothingness that all of everything is made. Less legends we miss myths of Lao Tzu shedding skin like a dimensional snake in classic form a cosmic thought-naught reeling silken forms formless whirling rings of inter dimensional interwoven worm reeling sealing connected paths twirling twilling flying floating; sunken flying.

All of this has nothing to do with meditation and tao practice.

Oh yes it does. In stillness there is movement. In movement there is stillness. The internet lipflapattacks have meaning and the pulsing vibration of sounds carry intent although harder to distinguish w/o tonality. This dialog is occuring.

I wanted to share some ideas to people similar interest on this forum.

In taoist spirituality the world is composed of chi. We're all like interested in chi and stuff. Hows that for anacademic tone. You have a lot of different connections to it. Source. But Chi is not God / Source. We're talking about the stuff that fills up empti space. Ideas present certain problems, thought in general does, but Ideas tend to get communicated. requiring words. Even the concepts of Taoist practice require face to face communication for 100% + transmission. Video is ok, it's just one way. Being able to FEEL what your teacher means is adepts true workshop. Arriving at a question, engaging in an inquiry dialog, realizing & learning. The most profound truths arrived at in process of letting go of preconcieved notions, not learning something new.

Anyways, Words must present clear metaphorical allegory to paint pictures for the mind. Illustrate. Make Example. Your thoughts are valuable. Share them clearly with us. Chi Gung nd other physical arts practice is thousands of years old. It will continue to be practiced w/ or w/o the internet.

Not debate on how people should be speaking and posting. This will be my last post. I'm sorry i even bothered...

If you keep practicing you should have some outlets for writing your thoughts down. Keeping a log / journal of your progress is smart, you can see improvements, set routines, and see patterns. Also instead of trying to forget good ideas that come in your head when practicing chi gung, write them down, then you can relax and let the thoughts drift through. Sometimes a bad thoughts come up, get em out and then relax back into sung / silence / wu ji. A forum is another way to say, "hey I was Standing Stake and I felt this cool rush when I breathed in and relaxed, then I was thinking about it and tried to do it again and nothing happened, what the heck was that?" ... or "By golly I ate a bean burrito and my all wobly now and my Tai Chi Blows..."

Laugh a little cry a little and Jesus would probably say lighten up a little goliver.

I would think one would want to position themselves w/ experiences with techniques suitable to accept the influx or outpouring of various frequencies of energy not immediately perceptable to everyone at this time, but to some, part of the time, and a few all of the time.

Spectrum

Edited by Spectrum

Oh yes it does. In stillness there is movement. In movement there is stillness. The internet lipflapattacks have meaning and the pulsing vibration of sounds carry intent although harder to distinguish w/o tonality. This dialog is occuring.

In taoist spirituality the world is composed of chi. We're all like interested in chi and stuff. Hows that for anacademic tone. You have a lot of different connections to it. Source. But Chi is not God / Source. We're talking about the stuff that fills up empti space. Ideas present certain problems, thought in general does, but Ideas tend to get communicated. requiring words. Even the concepts of Taoist practice require face to face communication for 100% + transmission. Video is ok, it's just one way. Being able to FEEL what your teacher means is adepts true workshop. Arriving at a question, engaging in an inquiry dialog, realizing & learning. The most profound truths arrived at in process of letting go of preconcieved notions, not learning something new.

Anyways, Words must present clear metaphorical allegory to paint pictures for the mind. Illustrate. Make Example. Your thoughts are valuable. Share them clearly with us. Chi Gung nd other physical arts practice is thousands of years old. It will continue to be practiced w/ or w/o the internet.

If you keep practicing you should have some outlets for writing your thoughts down. Keeping a log / journal of your progress is smart, you can see improvements, set routines, and see patterns. Also instead of trying to forget good ideas that come in your head when practicing chi gung, write them down, then you can relax and let the thoughts drift through. Sometimes a bad thoughts come up, get em out and then relax back into sung / silence / wu ji. A forum is another way to say, "hey I was Standing Stake and I felt this cool rush when I breathed in and relaxed, then I was thinking about it and tried to do it again and nothing happened, what the heck was that?" ... or "By golly I ate a bean burrito and my all wobly now and my Tai Chi Blows..."

Laugh a little cry a little and Jesus would probably say lighten up a little goliver.

Spectrum

I would think one would want to position themselves w/ experiences with techniques suitable to accept the influx or outpouring of various frequencies of energy not immediately perceptable to everyone at this time, but to some, part of the time, and a few all of the time.

I would swear that after 8 days of 5lb wrist & ankle weights, upon removal I was alight and afloat, tangible intangibility. Riding on wuji currents, streaming beneith, bamboo & dragonfly.

Spectrum

bravo

Why?

I'm not meaning to be critical, just curious about the motivation for your thinking. Wait, wait. I don't question the motivation for your thinking - I question it's relevance to "Taoist levitation."

Ok, let me be more clear. I recognize the potential value for one to "position themselves w/ experiences with techniques suitable to accept the influx or outpouring of various frequencies of energy not immediately perceptable to everyone at this time" but I fail to see how it justifies the need (or desire) for "Taoist levitation."

Philosophical Taoism is about achieving harmony by reducing friction with what is natural (my explanation of philosophical Taoism in a nutshell). This can be as base as taking a really good sh|t. "Taoist levitation" seems to me to be an oxymoron.

What does it achieve? Other than to say "whoa! that dude can levitate."

BTW, I agree with his hole-i-ness; "bravo"